"You mean, you saw ZEPPELIN?!?"

Started by primushead, Apr 19, 2006, 10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

primushead

I was talking to my dad's friend the other day at dinner and was asking what some of the best shows he had seen were, and he responded by saying "Zeppelin in '73".  Of course I was way jealous that he saw Led Zeppelin in their hay-day, which got me thinking...

Will My Morning Jacket be the same way in 25 years or so?  Will people be super jealous that I (and many others) got to see MMJ live in their prime?  I sure hope so... :)  I have no doubt in my mind that they will go down in history as one of the all time great rock shows of our generation.

sweatboard

I agree!!!!!  Which is why it would be a crime if they don't make a dvd of the Boston Pop's show.  It may not sell big when it comes out....but over time that shit will be a SUPER HOT item.
There's Still Time.........

fitzcarraldo

QuoteII have no doubt in my mind that they will go down in history as one of the all time great rock shows of our generation.

Word. And Band.  :)

primushead

Band...show...same difference :)

peanut butter puddin surprise

I had a friend in college who had a ticket stub from the NEXT show on the last tour after Bonham died.  He hadn't seen them before, and never stopped talking about how he had tickets to see Zep, but dang ol John Bonham choked on his own puke instead....
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

dragonboy

I think you're right Primushead.
MMJ just need to get over to Japan so when someone asks me "what's the best show you've ever seen?" I can say MMJ!

:)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Billo

It'll be interesting to compare the DVD (San Fran) to the Zeppelin DVD.
Saw Page and Plant in '95 Orlando and when Page pointed to the celling at one point I swear the roof moved.
Interesting they did a cure cover that night.

primushead

QuoteI think you're right Primushead.
MMJ just need to get over to Japan so when someone asks me "what's the best show you've ever seen?" I can say MMJ!

:)

If they came over there they'd be required to cover "Mr. Roboto". :)

Virgil_Cain

My dad saw Zeppelin here in Atlanta in like 76 or something like that.  He said "it was good, but they got all weird on some songs."  That's my dad for you though.  I could have slapped him but he would have beaten me down with his dad strength.
Well, that's just like, your opinion man.