Bonnaroo 2005

Started by 40223, Jan 17, 2005, 01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just got an email from bonnaroo.com letting me know that they are announcing some of the bands who will be playing at this year's music festival this wednesday.  In case you don't know about bonnaroo--it is in the middle of Tennessee in the middle of June with temperatures in the mid-90s (at least last year it was).  The boys have played the last two years, including last year's now-famous "Return to the Thunderdome" Performance.  Anyways, I heard this past weekend from a credible source (i.e. an anonymous band member)that they are booked for the festival.  If you have yet to see the band perform outside, in front of 15,000 sweaty ladies and gents, then here is your chance.  

corey

It'd be nice, but I don't do festivals like that. Can't be that far away from a clean toilet. It's a hygiene thing. I'll wait 'til they hit Nashville again.
:)

Jellyfish

Last years MMJ performance stole the show,IMO.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Olwiggum,
Don't ever let the lack of sanitized toilets keep you from seeing one of the best festivals in the country--especially one that is only an hour from your home.  C'mon, give Mr. Bonnaroo a chance!  Besides, the toilets are all clean in the early morning.  

CC

right! one of the best festivals in the world. i'm gonna try hard to be there again. hope to see you all too. that is if they're playin cause i don't know that yet. really, i don't. honestly :)

LaurieBlue

DMB, Mouse Play Bonnaroo

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/6845507/alisonkrauss?

Jack Johnson, Joss Stone, Widespread Panic also to do Tennessee fest

The fourth annual Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival will feature first-timers the Dave Matthews Band, Modest Mouse, Joss Stone and the Mars Volta, as well as returning acts like Widespread Panic, the Allman Brothers Band and Jack Johnson.
The camping and music event runs June 10th through the 12th on a 700-acre farm in Manchester, Tennessee, south of Nashville, and is complemented by non-musical activities that in years past have included a twenty-four-hour cinema, an arcade, a comedy tent and a Mardi Gras-style parade. Other artists scheduled to perform include Rilo Kiley, My Morning Jacket, Iron and Wine, Drive-By Truckers, Joanna Newsom, Citizen Cope, and Alison Krauss and Union Station.

Of his return to Bonnaroo, Johnson says, "It has the vibe. Not just for the fans, but also for the bands. Backstage is exactly how I would have dreamed these festivals would be: musicians sitting around showing each other songs, watching each others' sets from the side of the stage. And some of the best live music that I have seen was at those past festivals."

As in past years, a live CD and DVD from 2004's festival will be available in April.

MMJ_fanatic

that's it!  gotta start packin'!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

EC

Yeah, fuck it.  I'm goin'.  

('wiggum, are you SERIOUS?  You wouldn't go because of TOILETS?  You could bring your own....  :))

EC

LaurieBlue, you're very tremendous with all of your reporting!

LaurieBlue

QuoteLaurieBlue, you're very tremendous with all of your reporting!

Why thank you!  It's news worth reporting..no doubt :-)

Laurie

sweatboard

Modest Mouse, Mars Volta, My Morning Jacket, Iron and Wine.   :o

I just shit my pants when I read this so I can probably handle a port a pot.

I'll see you guys there.  
There's Still Time.........

corey

No seriously. The idea of portapotties and lack of showers has me twitching already.

I'd fucking LOVE the chance to see MMJ and DBT in the same day, but I don't know if I could handle that. Maybe I'd be up for a one-day thing, but I don't know.

EC

'wiggum, have you never camped?

(I'm not being sarcastic.)

You know, with concerts like this, you're allowed not to shower.  It's like at the cottage - you kind of forget.

(heh)

corey

The last time I went camping was when I was in the 5th grade or something like that. I could deal with the not showering much better back then.

Y'all have fun for me and I'll live vicariously through the wonders of digital recording (from the comforts of my own living room).  :)

EC

sweatboard

Hey Wiggum, Monday night there was a Tsunami benefit concert in CA. The performers are as follows; Jack Black, Will Ferell, Eddie Vedder, Josh Holme (Queens of the Stone Age), Dave Grohl, Beck, Tennacious D.  They ended with everyone on stage jamming out on "Good Times Bad Times" by Led Zepplin.  Halfway through Will Ferell came out and ripped it up on the COW BELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thought you would appreciate that.

No word yet on the toilet situation. ;)
There's Still Time.........

EC

JacketGal

If this is the ONLY Jacket show coming up, then I will brave no toilets, showers and tough it out with DMB fans!:P (sorry to offend anyone) And if the Jacket's Bonnaroo show from last year is any incidation of how inspired their set will be, it's a must!!
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

corey

Heee! That made me laugh out loud a little, EC. :)

Sweatboard, I read the review on one of the Tenacious D boards that I frequent. Man, I wish I could have been there. I know that someone got audio of it, but I haven't gotten a definite answer about the video part of it yet.

It's confirmed.  The boys will be there. See this site for other kick-ass bands as well.

http://bonnaroo.com/2005/