Bonnaroo 2005

Started by 40223, Jan 17, 2005, 01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

That's why I say they should call it "Growing Down"
There's Still Time.........

EC

QuoteThat's why I say they should call it "Growing Down"
Yes, and actually, that's what I think I've been doing.

I am, however, alone out here.   >:(

MMJ_fanatic

I'm gonna try my damndest---party at my trailer!!!!!!!!!!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

TheMadHatter

I am actually going to love the chance to stink for three whole days without hearing my girlfriend bitch at me :(
The Mad Hatter,he waits for Alice to come to tea again.

EC

QuoteI am actually going to love the chance to stink for three whole days without hearing my girlfriend bitch at me :(
There are so many benefits...

Watch-Out for Crotch-Rot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EC

QuoteWatch-Out for Crotch-Rot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
niiiiiiiice.

MMJ_fanatic

and study up on your plants--wouldn't want to have a poison ivy-meets-sensitive-area incident ;)

Quoteand study up on your plants-- ;)

I thought you were going somewhere else with this one.

sweatboard

Does anyone have any suggestions on some of the lesser known bands that I should see.  I know Mars Volta is one that everyone should check out, they are the current day Led Zepplin.  I'm not kidding.  If you have Comcast cable check out thier show that is "on demand".
There's Still Time.........

MMJ_fanatic

I thought you were going somewhere else with this one.
heh heh ;)

TheMadHatter

Hey,this might have already been done,but I think it would be badass if everyone from the FORUM met at a designated time and place at Bonnaroo and hung around,get drunk,etc.Might be hard to organize though.Just a thought

TheMadHatter

QuoteDoes anyone have any suggestions on some of the lesser known bands that I should see.  I know Mars Volta is one that everyone should check out, they are the current day Led Zepplin.  I'm not kidding.  If you have Comcast cable check out thier show that is "on demand".
Check out Old Crow Medicine Show if you hav,nt already.REALLY COOL

LaurieBlue

QuoteDoes anyone have any suggestions on some of the lesser known bands that I should see.  I know Mars Volta is one that everyone should check out, they are the current day Led Zepplin.  I'm not kidding.  If you have Comcast cable check out thier show that is "on demand".
'

I'm not sure what you personally would consider the "lesser known" bands, but I do know these shows get a lot of traffic and regulars.  (out of the 3 I've only seen The Gourds and yes they're dynamic).

Laurie

Drive-By Truckers

The Gourds

Donna The Buffalo

tomEisenbraun

QuoteI know Mars Volta is one that everyone should check out, they are the current day Led Zepplin.  

I owuld have to disagree with you, in the fact that the Mars Volta is not solely based around ripping off good Willie Dixon blues songs. I would say they are more like the modern day Rush.

That said, go check out the Secret Machines, Iron and Wine, Old Crow Medicine Show, ummm.... jeez, just go check out everything. You can't really go wrong with that approach.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Andrew Steele

Drive-By Truckers play an awesome show, I saw them last april in nashville and it was great.

Also, the heat and humidity really isn't as bad as you'd think, as long as you keep plenty of water with you.  I'm from outside of nashville (Smyrna, you'll pass it on I-24 on the way to bonnaroo) and during the summers I work as a land surveyor, which means i work 10 hour days in the sun wearing heavy jeans and boots.  There isn't much to do about the heat, but the humidity never seems as bad if you have water or gatorade around.  I really suggest buying a big can of gatorade mix or taking some sort of salty snacks with you to keep your sodium levels up, too.

Port-a-johns aren't as bad as you think, either.  I used them on a regular basis last summer, and they're infinitely better than the alternative, which is taking a crap in the woods.

The Boar

Quotenot solely based around ripping off good Willie Dixon blues songs.

Wow, low blow. Watch it.  :o

MMJ_fanatic

yeah man I mean we are talking about r&r deities here...

tomEisenbraun

oh, don't get me wrong. I woudn't be where I am today with the music i play if it weren't for Jimmy Page. In fact, I prefer Zep to Rush. It's just that the Mars Volta is not so much blues-rock as they are prog. And Rush is, as we all know, the greatest prog rock band of all time. Anyone who even mentions Dream Theatre needs to learn how to have taste.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

MMJ_fanatic

no worries dude--we knew where you was comin' from ;)