Main Menu

Opening Song

Started by ycartrob, Aug 23, 2005, 06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

OK, hopes for opening song on this tour? Or bets on what they will open with? I am hoping and betting they open with Dancefloors. I did not hear it on the run up to Bonaroo, so it's been a while. Anyone? ???

sweatboard

I'd like to hear these as openers on this tour..........

1. Tonight I Wanna Celebrate With You (My First Choice, Just Jim On Banjo with a Drum Machine then Bo comes on stage and adds the atmospheric organ in, next Patrick comes out and starts adding to the drum machine frenzy, Tommy comes out as it starts turning into a psychadelic noise jam and adds a cobra like lurching bass line at which point Calr comes on stage and adds in some phased out guitar drone, Jim swithces from banjo to flying V and starts toggeling the on/off switch while slamming on the wah wah peddle, the entire room is filled with this sonic wall of noise that slowly turns morphs into the begining of Masterplan!!!!!) ;D

2. At Dawn (In complete darkness as the lights slowly warm util at the end of the song the entire room is blinded with every single light in the venue turned all the way up including House Lights)

3. Gideon (I think out of the songs on the new record this would work the best as an opener, I also think it would work awesome as the second song (AT Dawn opens then Gideon :o)

4. Wordless Chorus (Would also be an amazing opener, I hope to god they play this live on this tour They didn't play it on the run up and I'm not sure how they decided which songs not to play but I can't frigin wait to hear this live, I presume Jim won't be able to harmonize with himself at the end so it looks like Bo or Carl will have to chip in.)
There's Still Time.........

McGuire

All right, all right I'll ask her. Miss, miss! Do you know where the high school girls hang out around here? What? What? That's right, I'm the asshole! I'm the asshole!

JacketGal

Tyrone would seriously do it for me!!!
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

primushead

QuoteI'd like to hear these as openers on this tour..........

1. Tonight I Wanna Celebrate With You (My First Choice, Just Jim On Banjo)

Is it a banjo in that song?  I assumed it was a fiddle being plucked...but I suppose a banjo would sound very very similiar.

primushead

Oh, and if they opened up with 'off the record' exactly as they did at the Asheville show, it would be sweeeeet.  I love that song.