Old Show Flyers/Posters

Started by AVJames, Apr 23, 2004, 07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllisonJ

This is probably a long shot, but I'm looking for old MMJ show flyers or posters.  In particular the show at the UofL planetarium some time ago.  Anyone out there with one to sell or trade ... please, pretty please, let me know!  :)

Oz

They should start selling posters at shows. I'd love to have one too... Or do they, already?
I'm ready when you are

wordawg

Try E-bay, they have had them there in the past.  Either that or you get somebody more organised than you to get the poster from the gig that you attend.(That's a true story, for all you Living History devotees)
the future is Ginger

Allison

I don't know if they still sell them at shows or not (but I sure hope so).  I know they were selling them at that plaentarium show and I could kick myself now for not buying one.  

I'll keep looking on ebay to see if anything pops up that I'm looking for!  

Thanks!

CC

darla records has a great poster for sale on their site, printed on chip board

it's some vintage rodeo picture and says:
My Morning Jacket Plays The Tennessee Fire

ok, not a real show poster but it's one of the first mmj posters ever. it was sold at shows way back in 2000 and there were, i believe, 3 different ones. rodeo, elephant and uhhh, something else...

http://www.darla.com/catalog/search.asp?id=3082

AllisonJ

Thanks for the link.  I actually have that one all ready though.    :)  That one and one from the Louisville Motor Speedway were among the first ones in the collection.  I even have some Month of Sundays flyers floating around here somewhere.  Now I feel old.   ;)

marktwain

Check Gallery --> Flyer Art

Some of these can be purchased from the artists.  I ordered the print from Guy Burwell, and can recommend it.  The quality is great, he signed and numbered it, and I received it quickly.

AllisonJ

Hey, thanks for mentioning that!  I hadn't looked in there yet.  I've emailed Guy Burwell about the poster on his site!  Thanks for the info!  

Now if I could only get that planetarium one.  ;)

thebigbang

Now if I could only get that planetarium one.  ;)

Just to brag a wee bit here, I actually had a Planetarium flyer from a kiosk at the University of Louisville near the planetarium.  But back in the day I had so much appreciation (and still do) for the great work Ger does on his MMJ fan site that I mailed it to him because he was missing all the excitement an ocean away.

My consolation is that I do have one of the posters, and great memories of that fantastic show. I think the place held about 100 people, but as the MMJ legend grows, there will soon be 10,000 people claiming to have been there.

Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

AllisonJ

Oh jeez ... now I'm jealous.  ;)

That show was the greatest ... leaning back, watching "My Morning Jacket" descend down the ceiling.  If memory serves me correctly I think they stated out with Rocket Man.  There were folks sitting on the floor ... it was great.  One of my favorite Jacket shows.

(And I'm still jealous you you had one in your paws ... at least you passed it on to a worthy cause.)  :)

Magnix

QuoteJust to brag a wee bit here, I actually had a Planetarium flyer from a kiosk at the University of Louisville near the planetarium.  But back in the day I had so much appreciation (and still do) for the great work Ger does on his MMJ fan site that I mailed it to him because he was missing all the excitement an ocean away.

And (of course) I still have it  8)

For a scan of the poster, the ticket, a setlist and some more details go to the following page on the forementioned fan site: http://www.magnix.demon.nl/mmj/setlists/010908.htm

peanut butter puddin surprise

You just made my day!  I think I have start one of those myself.... ;D
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

CC

check out the latest addition in the gallery
another kickass job from guyburwell

lfish

The only thing I can say right now is: WOW

Cool leaflets, especially the guyburnlew one. Just like a leaflet for Iron Maiden or something.

Who makes those arty leaflets?
lfish

guybur

I posted it in another forum but I have a rather cool new MMJ poster ready in a couple days for the Portland show. I would be happy to sell a few, or course. They make wonderful Mothers' Day gifts post-holiday. Also look up My Morning Jacket at www.gigposters.com for possible old show flyers.

gb

GBV

Ames Design will be selling a poster for the May 11th Seattle show. Check it out at www.bigpopposters.com
It's on the far right under the "New Stuff" heading. Pretty cool looking.

man you ain't lying!  that is one tasty lookin' flyer...(must get now...must get now)

johnbky

:o Take a look at this poster from one of last year's tours that's now up for auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3815695317

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  I gotta have that!

GBV

I got that one off of eBay back in Feb for $12.75. Pretty cool design and it's printed on extremely heavy stock.