Anyone noticed on this tour:

Started by 40223, Oct 26, 2005, 05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

that they have returned to playing One Big Holiday without the big distortion change at the end of the song.  On their summer tour they were adding about two minutes to the song (with a massive distortion change--which I thought was awesome)and I was wondering if any of you all might know why they have returned to the more "traditional" version on this tour?

CC

I heard massive distortion in washington

EC

QuoteI heard massive distortion in washington
Where are you?!

CC

well I'm not in Charleston anymore more more

love that song

Danko71

I recall hearing the extending riffing on this one this summer. However, I must add that this is one song I'm pretty tired of hearing.

It was easily my favorite several years ago, pre-At Dawn, but I'd rather hear anything different at this point.

I guess it's a crowd pleaser so there ya go, but I'll take War Begun, Picture of You, Going to Hell, Strangulation, O..., Easy Morning Rebel, etc.

ycartrob

QuoteIt was easily my favorite several years ago, pre-At Dawn, but I'd rather hear anything different at this point.

you still talking about OBH??

sweatboard

One Big Holliday was being played before At Dawn came out I do believe.  They had said that it just didn't fit on that record and I agree.
There's Still Time.........

Danko71

Yeah, they've been playing OBH forever, back before Danny, when Jeremy was in the band.

And they played it again in Madison on Friday, and again the crowd ate it up, so I can understand why they keep playing it.

primushead

They added the 2 minute distortion thing in Knoxville.  It was the first time I'd ever heard it.