MMJ's guide to Louisville, KY

Started by admin, Oct 26, 2003, 08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marktwain

Pretty neat-o, though I have to say the world's best bourbon comes from Frankfort, Ky--Buffalo Trace.

CC

best bourbon? I'm voting for Booker's, mmm

peanut butter puddin surprise

Always and forever, Makers Mark...but also appreciate:

-Elijah Craig (esp the Single Barrel..mmmmmm, Single Barrel)
-Early Times
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Oz

Damn, I wanna go there... You already, Riny, didn't you?
I'm ready when you are

CC

QuoteDamn, I wanna go there... You already, Riny, didn't you?

nah, took a wrong turn and ended up in hollywood. next time I'll read the map  ;D

hipkink

That's it! Louisville sounds like my kind of town. I'm visiting. I'm saving up, starting today.
You came around when I needed you, now I'm up to my neck in you.

erika

you are in luck you won't have to save too much to visit Louisville- just enough drinking money- everyone here is either a drunk or in recovery lol

DD

lots of drugs too.

woodford reserve is my bourbon of choice.
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

DaveStarck

ET for me.  And for the record, though I haven't traveled much, Louisville is the place to be.  All my future dreams center around living in Louisville.  It has the small community feel but with big city events.  My favorite thing to do is to go down to Waterfront park on a summer night and play a pickup game of ultimate frisbee right on the river with all the people down there.  Everybody is accepted, and we play for hours into the night.  The city has the best rivalries in the country,  UofL/UK Basketball & St. X/ Trinity High School Football (pretty awesome when a high school football game rakes in an attendance of over 35,000).  I could walk up and down Bardstown Road for days, which I've done, and hang out in EarX-tacy for hours (also done).  Good food (Mike Linning's fish sandwich, mmmm).  Hell, I'm not even 21 so I can't begin to talk about the bar scene, though I hear very good things.  And oh so much more.  The Ville has everything you need (not to mention the fact that the Cards are going to take off in the Big East).  Going to Louisville is like going to the Wonka Factory.  There's all sorts of crazy, cool stuff to discover (like the 8 story Louisville Slugger).  Long live The Ville!  Long live Mayor Abramson!
Everything it seems I like's a little bit stronger

;D  Right on.  You sound like me in 1990, when I first moved to "da Ville".

Thanks for the optimism...that made my day!

DaveStarck

You bet John.  I can't imagine MMJ coming out of anywhere but Louisville.  Where are you from originally?  Are you glad you moved to Louisville?

I'm not from here originally...I was born in raised in Pennsylvania before I moved here in 1989.

Am I glad I moved to Louisville?  You bet your ass I am!  It's like the best place to live...I LOVE it here.

One small drawback:  Very far from the beach, or the big mountains.  As an outdoorsman hiding in the camouflage of a computer office guy, that gets to be a drag.  (14 hours to the beach by car?!?  shoot).

But, that's what vacations are for.  The cost of living is low here, the jobs are plentiful (usually), the folks are really nice...

Feel the love, Louisville...I love you, man!   :) :)

DaveStarck

Mike Nix

Yes, Louisville is cool.  I live in Lexington, which is about 1 hour away and it's always good to go to Lousiville for a few days and take everything in- food, people, record stores(!)...    Long live The Jacket!

wooden

I'm from Louisville, but I go to UK.  Louisville>>>>>>>>>Compton>Lexington.

Jesse

I'm from the 'Ville -- though I live in New Orleans now -- and I can tell you it doesn't take 14 hours to get to the beach. Go east to Virginia Beach or south to Panama City, Fla.
And check out Gladney, a new band made up of half N.O. residents, half Louisvillians -- we'll be coming up to the 'Ville soon.

well, it's 14 hours for us old timers!

yeah, it's only about 620 miles to Mobile, but then you're at least another hour from the good beaches down there, so you're looking at about 9 hours if you average 70 mph.

I like the white sands of the Panhandle.  Haven't made it over to Panama City yet.  Tampa is fucking incredible.

charliecoy

LOUISVILLE...

The greatest city...

In the wooooorrrrrrrlllllllllddddd.
(say it like ardy from pete and pete)

Anyway, this is one kick ass city.  I never knew they liked Captain's Quarters.  I got employee of the month there.  Greatest busser ever.  I'm goin back over winter break so if you go, ask for charlie and i'll try and take care of ya.