MMJ on the cover of LEO

Started by johnconaway, Jul 18, 2003, 11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

Holy shite!!

Have any of you seen the new LEO Music issue??

http://www.leoweekly.com/archives/071603/music-morningjacket.shtml

I am awe struck, amazed, and downright flabbergasted.  What a great article!!   :o
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

marktwain

Awesome.
It's about time.
THis part is bittersweet:
After a CD release party there sometime next month ;D, you can probably say goodbye to seeing them at Headliners. :'(

Martijn

Flo

Hey John, thanks for the heads up, I just picked up the Leo today and it's incredible. The pictures are cool, especially the one of the silo. The one they posted on their site just doesn't do it justice.

52ND STREAM MEDIA, UNLTD.
WWW.52MEDIA.COM
POB 7005 LOUISVILLE KY 40257
SEND PRESS KITS GET ON OUR BROADCASTS

Scooter McCRAZY

Hey Y'all,

I was in "the ville" for LEBOWKSIFEST this past weekend.

The highlight of the weekend for me was picking up the LEO to see my favorite band for the past year or so on the cover.

What's more is that a second glance to the polaroid shot on the cover reminded me of a photo I took of MMJ at The Fox in Boulder in May. I flipped to the inside of the issue only to see the same photo again. The caption had my photo credit on it.

I can't tell you how floored I was/am to see that LEO used my full-band photo for both the front cover and the inside photo. This is the first time that one of my photos has ever been used in a publication [to my knowledge]... I couldn't have asked for a better use of my work.  The design is spot on!

I would have never known that this thing even existed if I hadn't been in town [my first trip to The Ville] for LEBOWSKIFEST and hadn't been rapping with Will [one of the LEB-FEST founders] about who some of our favorite musical acts were.  I told him mine was MMJ and he said I should pick up the new LEO for a great article on them... and blam... there's my photo.

I've since acquired a high-res version of the cover from LEO to print out and hang on my concert wall back home here in Boulder.

-Scooter

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteHey John, thanks for the heads up, I just picked up the Leo today and it's incredible. The pictures are cool, especially the one of the silo. The one they posted on their site just doesn't do it justice.

Hey, no problem man.  Just watchin' the trade mags for signs of life!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

RyanCorpse

Because i live in canada i have no way of getting my hands on a copy of the magazine.  I was wondering if some one could ship me a copy.  Maybe we could work something out through paypal and i will pay the shipping and cost. Please email me.  ilostmysock@hotmail.com  

marktwain

Online, it looks like LEO has fixed the problem, but in the print copy I have, they call the drummer "Patrick Callahan" throughout the article  >:(

ryan

My affection for this band just went skyward.  At a time when new bands coast by on cheek-bones and attitude (Kills, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, etc.), it's so refreshing to see a young, talented band bypass fashion and focus on their music.  Their "no coke or partner-swapping"-policy is as hilarious as it is wonderful.  Long may they prosper.