Main Menu

SNL??

Started by ycartrob, Nov 30, 2005, 11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

So, the Jacket will be in New York for the New Years Eve show and then Letterman. Could Saturday Night Live be on the ready? Do they have enough indie creds? Are they too good for SNL? Does anyone still watch SNL?

comments?

cmccubbin25

i would love it if they did SNL...we would get 2 songs!!!
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.

dragonboy

Do people still watch SNL?
The clips I catch on internet sites i check from time to time just aren't funny (except for the ocassional Will Ferrell sketch)
That guy from Taxi & that baseball fan movie...is that the best they can do?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

primushead

QuoteDo people still watch SNL?
That guy from Taxi & that baseball fan movie...is that the best they can do?

Jimmy Fallon.  Yeah, he sucks.  
They had a recent Family guy episode where they rag him real bad about laughing into the camera all the time.  I loved it.

realdeal

I really hope no one watches snl anymore. they change the cast every week. these people are morons and have no comedic qualities about them.

Saturday Nite Live would never pick up MMJ just because. Really don't need an explanation. SNL's picks up the MTV bands only. I still can't believe they are going to be on Letterman.

SNL died in the early '90's.

Jellyfish

Neil Young is scheduled to play SNL on Dec 17.
. http://www.thrasherswheat.org/2005/11/saturday-night-lives-musical-guest.html

I am not much on SNL either but I will watch Neil and if MMJ ever plays there.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Dorothy_Mantooth

you'll be glad to know that jimmy fallon isn't on the show anymore.

actually, they have a really strong cast right now but the writing blows.  there's usually only one funny skit per episode. if the writers started doing drugs again like they did in the 70's, maybe it'd get funnier. oh wait, we'd also need steve martin and chevy chase.
"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

ratsprayer

late 80s SNL was fucking great.  lovitz and hartman were more than enough, let alone everyone else they had.  conan doing the writing helped quite a lot too.

tomEisenbraun

i think they were at their peak when the entire cast was from chicago.

it seems liek every movie ever made with those guys was set in chicago, and there was somethin in the way those guys acted that was just hilarious. now they try to eke in too much sex and political commentary.

What happened to originality?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

tomEisenbraun

And Dorothy, nice quote.

well that's like....your opinion, man.

BIGVICLBI

They have some good people, I like the chick that plays donatello versace alot, the blond chick, and will forte and seth myers(they were a great bush kerry combo), and of course hammond is still great. horatio sanz has never been funny once. I've caught some mad tv reruns and enjoy them alot, have never watched it live though.

dragonboy

Never saw much of it "live" but i had a video once, Best of Eddie Murphy SNL. Man, that was fucking hilarious! Anyone seen it or any of the sketches? The Tooth Fairy, 5th Beatle, James Brown etc
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

tomEisenbraun

my favorite skit of Eddie Murphy's is where they make him white. that one's awesome.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer
"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

wellfleet

neil did a 4 night stand on conan a few weeks ago... how awesome is that?
SNL... well, tina fey is one of the smartest and funniest women around. i watch the weekend update, but the rest is kind of blah... i miss will ferrell
everything sucks. really.

fitzcarraldo

QuoteNever saw much of it "live" but i had a video once, Best of Eddie Murphy SNL. Man, that was fucking hilarious! Anyone seen it or any of the sketches? The Tooth Fairy, 5th Beatle, James Brown etc

Velvet Jones and Mr. Rogers!!!
To Hot in the Hot Tub!!!   ;D  

Yeah, That stuff is F'n classic!