New Year's Eve Lineup Confirmed

Started by tdan, Dec 16, 2005, 10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdan

New Year's Eve Lineup Confirmed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE BLACK CROWES are extremely pleased to confirm that TREY ANASTASIO will be joining us and NORTH MISSISSIPPI ALLSTARS at Madison Square Garden on New Year's Eve.

The schedule is as follows:
Doors: 7:00 PM
North Mississippi Allstars: 8 PM (40 minute set)
Trey Anastasio: 9 PM (90 minute set)
The Black Crowes: 11 PM (2 1/2 hour + set)
Curfew: 2 AM

So not only am I disappointed that I still have tix to this show, now I have the knowledge that MMJ would have played for 90 minutes?  Damn pneumonia!  Get well soon Jim.

Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

corey

QuoteTrey Anastasio: 9 PM (90 minute set)

So that means that he'll play about 4 or 5 songs then.  ;)

ratsprayer

So that means that he'll play about 4 or 5 songs then.  ;)

fucking noodlin' hippies.   ;D

tomEisenbraun

man, i'd be REAL disapointed if I had those tickets right about now. First MMJ, which would be frickin killer. Then the secret machines, who are probably one of the best shows for a stadium since Pink Floyd, and then it just gets reduced to Trey.

Well...we couldn't think of anybody else who didn't have anything going on that night because he's a washed up boring jam artist who lost his band. My friends saw him at Bonnaroo (they don't smoke weed or follow jam bands) and said he was boring. I took it with a grain of salt, because they aren't hippies. Then i heard the dreadlocked hippie kin say it was a boring show. Has he lost his touch? I'm sorry to anyone who can't sellt heir tickets and has to endure 90 minutes of Trey. At least there's seats. Are they any comfortable?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

tdan

The real losers are gonna be NMAS.  I would have liked to have seen them, but it just might be more attractive to wait until 10:45 to arrive JIT to see the crowes.
Until the end

Derek

whoa now, basing an opinion on Trey without having seen or heard his new band?  That's rich.   ???

tomEisenbraun

haha, sorry, but I've heard my share of Phish, which, while i can understand the musical draw, i don't have the attention span required. I suppose maybe weed could provide that, but I doubt they allow tokin' inside the Madison Square Garden, and I'm not about to try the stuff just so that I might possibly enjoy Trey.

Whatever, I'll stop ranting. I really don't have any good reason for disliking Trey accept that I really dislike his stuff and don't care for his music.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

gary

crowes brought Trey on board so they could actually fill up MSG on new years.  why else would they give the machines the boot without saying anything?

that said, trey is the man and i love his music despite the fact that i do not smoke.

ben grimm

QuoteI doubt they allow tokin' inside the Madison Square Garden

I saw CSN&Y there a few years ago and it was toke-tastic, no-one seemed to care at all.

TheLink

Quotecrowes brought Trey on board so they could actually fill up MSG on new years.  why else would they give the machines the boot without saying anything?

that said, trey is the man and i love his music despite the fact that i do not smoke.

i agree 100% but i do like to smoke now and then.

dogandponyshow

I saw the Black Crowes when their album came out.  It was a total pot fest......smoke was a flowing. People got stoned from the second hand smoke  They had a big sheet on the back the stage that had the green pot symbol.

D.

dogandponyshow

TheLink

yea, they have been big supporters of hemp throughout their career.  Trey and Phish have never really come right out and given support to drug use.  I have been to many shows and usually drink beer.  I do the same at most Jacket shows.  So, I am missing the pot thing here.  I still think Trey had to be added to sell this show out as he does still get a decent crowd for today's live music scene.

tdan

The show didn't sell out even with Trey on board.  As we walked in during the last half hour of Trey's performance (one song), I sold our two extra tix for roughly half of their face value just to recoup some of our lost money.  The Black Crowes were great BTW.  I just couldn't help thinking what could have been.  Those people had no idea what they were missing.
Until the end

Jellyfish

The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need