Opening for Pearl Jam?

Started by ALittleGhost, Mar 01, 2006, 10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratsprayer

even though ive really tried and cant get in to PJ's stuff, i do have the utmost respect for them as musicians and businessmen.  they do treat their fans tremendously, and MMJ's record company and PR (hey everybody!) could learn quite a lot.  i do think it will be a great opportunity if it happens, just not my particular cup of tea.  no harm in that, just saying.  if it's good for the band thats all that matters, i wish them the best, just hope we can get a headlining tour as well and oh yeah, europe gets plenty of dates, too.   ;D

beammeup

QuoteWell, MMJ toured for Z and I'm sure they will headline for the next album.  This tour if it happens is just iceing on the cake.  They really don't have to do it.  John is right though the audience PJ draws these day are really die hard music fans that listen to alot of different music.  It will be a good opportunity for the band.  I think MMJ would benefit a great deal from touring with PJ for the simple fact that I think PJ would have alot of good advice on how to handle the music buisness side of it.  PJ has been through a whole lot and come out on top of it.  I really respect the way they run thier band and the way they treat thier fanbase.

great post bro. it would be an EXCELLENT oppurtunity for MMJ to get their music out there to a huge fanbase (just ask Sleater Kinney). I still can't believe how many PJ fans have never heard of them.

sweatboard

Yeah they've played with some great bands...sonic youth, sleater kinney, ben harper, neil young, michael stipe, kings of leon, buzzcocks, etc. etc.
There's Still Time.........

dragonboy

Quotejust hope we can get a headlining tour as well and oh yeah, europe gets plenty of dates, too.   ;D

Don't forget the Oz tour for Ali & Japan for my mate Ricky C  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Clarkwork

Quotethis would be a dream come true. i really hope its true.

I agree with you.  I have wanted this from the first moment I heard MMJ.  I only hope they are allowed to play as long as they want to.  
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

whitepepper

MMJ_fanatic

Does PJ even know about MMJ?
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

sweatboard

See, I wondered the same thing because I've never heard anyone in the band mention them.  Which just remindes me how pissed I still am at myself for not going through with my plan to toss the vinyl addition of Acoustica up on stage a couple years ago during the vote for change show in Asheville.  I could have done it easily.  I had seats way down front and could have easily walked up to the stage and tossed it up there.  With a note "Eddie, check out this record and call me and thank me once it blows your MIND.... (865) 456-8532.  Love,

Brian"

tinyorangepig

last time Pearl Jam made a trip thru Dallas, I bought 2 lawn tickets for 10 bucks.  Total.  That was my price point.  Speaking of point, what is mine, Pearl Jam is not what they used to be, so there should be some tickets available for these shows.

solace

so it's 100% official, more dates will indeed be announced:

QuotePEARL JAM ANNOUNCES THE FIRST LEG OF WORLD TOUR IN SUPPORT OF THEIR NEW SELF TITLED RECORD DUE OUT MAY 2

SEATTLE, WA - Pearl Jam announced today the first leg of their 2006 worldwide tour. Leg one of the tour is scheduled to kick off on May 9th in Toronto, and will wrap up on June 3rd in New York City. My Morning Jacket will open on this leg of the tour.

Public on-sale dates and ticket information will be announced in local markets in the coming weeks.

Ten Club Pre-sale schedule and ticket prices are found below. Current Ten Club members as of March 7, 2006 are eligible for pre-sale in the "Goods" section. For detailed information about Ten Club pre-sale tickets, bookmark http://pearljam.com/tenclub/tickets.php

Quote9 May Toronto Ontario Air Canada Centre
10 May Toronto Ontario Air Canada Centre
12 May Albany New York Pepsi Arena
13 May Hartford Connecticut New England Dodge Music Arena
16 May Chicago Illinois United Center
19 May Grand Rapids Michigan Van Andel Arena
20 May Cleveland Ohio Quicken Loans Arena
22 May Detroit Michigan Palace of Auburn Hills
24 May Boston Massachusetts TD Banknorth Garden
27 May Philadelphia Pennsylvania Tweeter Waterfront
30 May Washington DC MCI Center
1 Jun E. Rutherford New Jersey Continental Airlines Arena
3 Jun E. Rutherford New Jersey Continental Airlines Arena

:o  :D

sweatboard

That can't be right that is to short for the first leg of a World Tour.  Where did you read this?  

sweatboard

What about the south?  The second leg would have to be west coast.  Fuck, I hope there are some southern shows with MMJ.  Regardless, My Dream Has Come True.  PJ and MMJ on the same night. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  I don't even know if one human being can stand that much ROCK in one sitting.  I'm willing to give it a try though.

pjl44

Not sure about the specific dates, but if you go to pearljam.com the first portion of that post is in the RSS feed of the News section...

solace

http://pearljam.com/press/USTourNews_LegOne.pdf

there will be more shows added within that leg, guarantee it.

EC

Wha?  I wonder why the tour would begin in Toronto?  Do we have a really special PJ following?

Wow.  The Air Canada Centre is a big place.  I saw Neil Young there on greendale.  There's hockey and basketball there.  It's a really big place.  I mean, it's really really big.

Hm.  That's pretty neat.

Brian, sweetpea, you know you have a place to stay if you want to come up.  Fo sho.  :)

sweatboard

Pearl Jam has a huge following the world over.  They are playing two shows in Toronto.....YOU BETTER MAKE IT TO BOTH.  PJ is going to blow your socks off and the band opening is pretty good as well.  If only I could afford to get to Toronto.  Anyone want to carpool?

sweatboard

Just think, the air canada will be about 3/4 full of people when My Morning Jacket is ripping through Run Thru and Don Dante.  This has me so excited.  I can't believe this is actually going to happen........I'm giddy. ;D

solace

yeah, but Pearl Jam just finished a HUGE Canadian tour last fall, which i believe included 2 Toronto shows, or at the very least 3-4 shows within an hour of two of TO ;)

EC

QuoteYOU BETTER MAKE IT TO BOTH.  
I better start listening to Pearl Jam.  :-/

Holy crap.  I better call my brother.  He's going to flip.

sweatboard

I want to be a roadie on this tour.  Seriously someone with some connections hook me up.  I'll carry all of MMJ's gear on my back from city to city.  I'll make beer runs, foot massages, you name it.  I'm very versitile.