Opening for Pearl Jam?

Started by ALittleGhost, Mar 01, 2006, 10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

I better start listening to Pearl Jam.  :-/

You bet your ass you better.  I'll hook you up.  I'm going to PM you now.
There's Still Time.........

solace

man i love that you guys are so receptive to this tour. i can think of a lot of fanbases (Sleater-Kinney & Death Cab for example), whose fanbases were pretty bitchy when both those bands opened for PJ  ;D

and likewise, i think MMJ are gonna win over SO many fans on this tour, much more than w/ DMB or anything like that  8)

EC

I need some Pearl Jam fans to give me strategies on how to get tickets.  I've never had to worry about sold out shows before.  Am I allowed to get PJ fans to buy tickets for me if I pay them back?

Like, is this the kind of manic situation where I'm going to have to be on the phone or the internet at a certain time and I only have a ten second window in order to achieve my goal?  I feel nervous and panic stricken.

sweatboard

I agree 110 percent solace.  The core fanbase that Pearl Jam has kept are some hardcore music fans and know what Live Rock & Roll is all about.  This is so so much better than getting a video on MTV or a shit load of radio play or reaching #1 on the Billboard charts.  This is officially the greatest thing that has ever happened in the history of the world......Next to Corey and Megan recording the Pina Colad song for me.

sweatboard

QuoteI need some Pearl Jam fans to give me strategies on how to get tickets.  I've never had to worry about sold out shows before.  Am I allowed to get PJ fans to buy tickets for me if I pay them back?

Like, is this the kind of manic situation where I'm going to have to be on the phone or the internet at a certain time and I only have a ten second window in order to achieve my goal?  I feel nervous and panic stricken.

You'll be able to get tickets but if you want to be anywhere remotley close.  You may want to go ahead and become a PJ fan club member...it cost $20 bucks.  Just go to tenclub.net.  Fan Club members must by tickets in pairs and they are allowed to buy tickets for however many shows they want.  I'll send you another PM. ;)

solace

QuoteI need some Pearl Jam fans to give me strategies on how to get tickets.  I've never had to worry about sold out shows before.  Am I allowed to get PJ fans to buy tickets for me if I pay them back?

if it was 1995, then i'd say "good luck" with a laugh

but in 2006, Pearl Jam tickets aren't quite as hot commodity as they once were. not to say they still don't sell out huge places, but it's not lightning fast/within minutes like it used to be.

and yeah, if you're lucky enough to find someone with a Fan Club membership who will have an extra, that would definitely be the best bet. Ten Club members usually get the best seats, but you can still pull decent seats for some shows from Ticketmaster. the prices after fees are kinda a bitch this time, anywhere between $55-65 ($49 before any fees). it is a lot of $$, i won't deny that. i see 80-100 shows a year, most all between $8-15, but if there's any show that's worth $50 it's a 2.5+ hour Pearl Jam show. you add MMJ opening for them, with the prospect of the band joining Pearl Jam on stage during their encore (it WILL happen eventually by tour end, the possibilities of what song are mindnumbing for me), and maybe even Jim & Ed dueting on something (ala Ben Harper & Ed doing Indifference  :o), and it's one of the best touring bargains around this summer imo! i'm only bummed i can't do anything more than Chicago on this leg.

animalchin

PEARL JAM ANNOUNCES THE FIRST LEG OF WORLD TOUR
IN SUPPORT OF THEIR NEW SELF TITLED RECORD DUE OUT MAY 2

SEATTLE, WA -Pearl Jam announced today the first leg of their 2006 worldwide
tour. Leg one of the tour is scheduled to kick off on May 9th in Toronto, and will
wrap up on June 3rd in New York City. My Morning Jacket will open on this leg of
the tour.

Public on-sale dates and ticket information will be announced in local markets in
the coming weeks.

Ten Club Pre-sale schedule and ticket prices are found below. Current Ten Club
members are eligible for pre-sale in the "Goods" section. For detailed
information about Ten Club pre-sale tickets, bookmark
http://pearljam.com/tenclub/tickets.php

Show Date Show City Venue Presale Date/Time Price/Pair**
Tue-May-09 Toronto, ONT Air Canada Centre March-8 at 10am PST $122.00
Wed-May-10 Toronto, ONT Air Canada Centre March-8 at 10am PST $122.00
Fri-May-12 Albany, NY Pepsi Arena March-9 at 10am PST $114.40
Sat-May-13 Hartford, CT
New England
Dodge Ctr. March-9 at 10am PST $129.40
Tue-May-16 Chicago, IL United Center March-9 at 10am PST $112.40
Fri-May-19 Grand Rapids, MI Van Andel Arena March-10 at 10am PST $116.40
Sat-May-20 Cleveland, OH
Quicken Loans
Arena March-10 at 10am PST $116.40
Mon-May-22 Detroit, MI
Palace of Auburn
Hills March-10 at 10am PST $117.40
Wed-May-24* Boston, MA
TD Banknorth
Garden March-11 at 10am PST $112.40
Sun-May-27 Philadelphia, PA
Tweeter Center at
the Waterfront March-12 at 10am PST $123.40
Tue-May-30 Washington DC Verizon Center March-12 at 10am PST $118.40
Thur-Jun-01* E. Rutherford, NJ
Continental Airlines
Arena March-13 at 10am PST $116.40
Sat-Jun-03* E. Rutherford, NJ
Continental Airlines
Arena March-13 at 10am PST $116.40

*Dates are subject to change due to professional sports team playoff schedules
** All prices are listed in US dollars only.

And you can start with some new PJ....
http://www.pearljam.com/news/index.php?what=News#63
Free download for worldWIDE Suicide:
http://bootlegs.pearljam.com/

animalchin

Can someone that is a MMJ fan give a PJ fan some recommnedations of songs to try?

sweatboard

I'm going to get some Beer, I won't be sleeping tonight.

fitzcarraldo

Great Fuckin News!!!

PJ Fan rush out and buy the whole damn Jacket catalog. Or you can start with Golden, Wordless Chorus, The Way That He Sings, I Will Be There When You Die & It Beats 4U.

solace

QuoteCan someone that is a MMJ fan give a PJ fan some recommnedations of songs to try?

as a Pearl Jam fan, i will say One Big Holiday & Run Thru oughta get you started nicely  ;D

sweatboard

QuoteCan someone that is a MMJ fan give a PJ fan some recommnedations of songs to try?

Off  Z

Don Dante
Lay Low
Wordless Chorus

Off It Still Moves

Mahgeetah
One Big Holliday
Run Thru
Golden

Off At Dawn

Bermuda Highway
I Needed It Most
The Way That He Sings
Phone Went West

Off The TN Fire

The Bear
I Will Be There When You Die
War Begun
Pictures Of You

This would get you started.........

Also you MUST have the Bonnaroo 2004 recording!!!!!!!

and the AcousticCitsuoca album

Once you've digested all this you will feel a strong urge to seek out everything ever recorded.  

sweatboard

OH SHIT GANG, If you thought we were getting bombarded with Pearl Jam fans before, get ready for a tidal wave of EPIC porportions.  It's going to get CRAZY up in here.

solace

Off  Z

Don Dante
Lay Low
Wordless Chorus

Off It Still Moves

Mahgeetah
One Big Holliday
Run Thru
Golden

Off At Dawn

Bermuda Highway
I Needed It Most
The Way That He Sings
Phone Went West

Off The TN Fire

The Bear
I Will Be There When You Die
War Begun
Pictures Of You

This would get you started.........

Also you MUST have the Bonnaroo 2004 recording!!!!!!!

and the AcousticCitsuoca album

Once you've digested all this you will feel a strong urge to seek out everything ever recorded.  

word.

i'll add:

Anytime
Off The Record
O Is The One That Is Real
Cobra
Death Is The Easy Way
Lowdown

good god, just the thought of hearing MMJ's amazing music opening up for PJ has me giddy  :D. i mean PJ has had some amazing openers before (Sonic Youth, Idlewild, Mudhoney, Bad Religion, Iggy Pop, etc.), but this is def a pairing of 2 of my absolute fave live bands.

sweatboard

I went and got a six pack and put on the Ottawa '05 bootleg.  Yes Giddy is what I'm feeling. ;D

yieldgirl

there's nothing offical yet folks
He made it to the ocean, had a smoke in a tree.
The wind rose up set him down on his knee.
A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw.
Deliver him wings,

solace

Quotethere's nothing offical yet folks
it's official, trust me  ;)

jrat

"I went and got a six pack and put on the Ottawa '05 bootleg.  Yes Giddy is what I'm feeling. " sweatboard  (i dont know how to do the quote thing)

i hear ya!!! i was there and "black "almost made cry, id just finished burning a dube when it came on. i got MMJ at the opera house in TO and the PJ Ottawa concert mixed together right now as my play list. HOLY FUCK!

laylow and dondante got me hooked cause of the guitar!

then AT DAWN blew my mind (my moms new fave album, weird as hell)
wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into a dream - pink floyd

ALittleGhost

Quotethere's nothing offical yet folks

I started this thread...and I'm going to finish it.  It's OFFICIAL!!!!!

BOO. YAH.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ROCK! Best day of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!   "My Morning Jam" in the house!!!