Main Menu

2 oldies

Started by admin, Jul 08, 2006, 04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CC

from 2001, not sure which show.

aMD

rock n roll!  Sometimes I really miss Johnny Quaid!

I remember at the waterfest show in louisville in 2002 when Johnny climbed the speakers at the side of the stage and started whirling around his guitar nearly taking my head off in the process.  After the show he told one of my friends that it was a lot more unstable that he thought it would be up there and he was afraid he was really going to hurt himself or someone else once he got up there.  It was almost me.  His guitar came inches from my face.

And who could forget when he would come to center stage, hold his guitar straight up in front of him and wail the outro part to the Way That He Sings?  Good stuff.  Thanks for these.

dragonboy

Great pics, great stories!  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Coltrane

And who could forget when he would come to center stage, hold his guitar straight up in front of him and wail the outro part to the Way That He Sings?  Good stuff.  Thanks for these.

ah yes! When we saw them for the first time at the Roxy in LA in 2003, and he did that.....i had heard about him doing that, and for a moment i thought it might be cheezy rock and roll stuff....but then when it actually happened i fucking flipped out--turned to my wife and my friend with wide eyes and yelled "these guys are fucking amazing!!!!!"

Rock and roll forever motherfuckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

realdeal

Barretone's maybe?

CC

QuoteBarretone's maybe?

I think you're right.

primushead

Did you take those CC?

CC

marktwain

Johnny's demonstrating that chain wallets are good for something.

tomEisenbraun

Rock. And. Roll.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

DD

its so funny to remember  those guys playing barretones, and the rudyard kipling and the mercury paw.  the last time i saw them play the rudyard that place was so packed there were people stuck outside.
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

tdan

QuoteJohnny's demonstrating that chain wallets are good for something.

Good eye.
Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

EC

i need to summon more rock and less mom.

i just keep getting worried that the damn boy is going to fall on his head.  i can hardly look at that picture.