Main Menu

Ebay

Started by C-Monkey, Dec 29, 2003, 01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Monkey

I imagine most of us here are on the buddy system and have received those promotional packets from ATO records..

Imagine my shock to see THIS:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3373270038&category=45103

Oz

Well, it's not absolutely sure that this was a member of the Buddy System, ofcourse, if that's what you mean. It could have been someone working at a radio station, or something.
I'm ready when you are

tinyorangepig

more importantly, how many are selling?

http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?GetResult&ht=1&sortproperty=metaendsort&query=my+morning+jacket+poster&completedonly=1

looks like not many.  a few are purchased from time to time, but most are not selling.  (the older posters are)

it could also be someone who works in a record store.

t.o.p.

peanut butter puddin surprise

bad link, t.o.p.

as for the posters selling on Ebay, I'm not sure how to feel about that.  I sure as hell ain't selling them on there.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Oz

I'm not selling them either, but even if I wanted to, I couldn't, 'cause I don't have any! That's the price you pay for being a Buddy in fuckin' Europe...  :-[
I'm ready when you are

C-Monkey

I don't suspect it's someone on the buddy system for the right reasons. Could be someone who signed up for the materials or someone from a radio station. Regardless, $14 for a small cardboard poster?  Sheesh. I also love how they say it's "rare".  Heck, by the time we're done painting the towns with MMJ they will be far from "rare".

Are Louisville folks posting posters locally? I didn't bother cuz I figured they are local celebrities.. I drove to Bloomington and still ran into fans left and right. I'd planned on posting while I visited family in Seattle but I forgot to pack the promotional packet! Woops!

QuoteAre Louisville folks posting posters locally? I didn't bother cuz I figured they are local celebrities..

I haven't posted any yet, for the same reasons..which makes me wonder if anyone has!  Methinks I'll paint the town with them tonight!!

tinyorangepig

sorry for the bad link.

here is a summary of what I was trying to say...

bear posters listed - 7
bear posters sold - 2

one for $1.99 and another for $9.99

so, they arent exactly going like hotcakes.

t.o.p.

it's all good.  thanks for the info!

otter

Some kind of buddies you are.....just kidding.

I'd love a bag of promo stuff to arrive...I signed up long time ago and haven't heard anything or seen anything yet. maybe they send stuff prior to coming to any given town.

Poster Boy

if you look at the sellers other items, you will see that this person has 38 "music store posters" for sale... (of various artists)... so i am guessing that they work in a record store and are trying to make money by selling the promotional items that they get free from the record companies.