Main Menu

Next Tour??

Started by ycartrob, Aug 23, 2006, 07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ali

mostly doing the touristy stuff in the centre (pariser platz, the reichstag, pergamum museum, walked down freidrichstrasse to the jewish museum,  the national gallerie, the philharmonie.... it was a fairly limited trip, as i was only there for 3 days) but i stayed in a great hostel on rosethalerstrasse. i more or less just walked around the city for 3 days, stopping & looking in places as i went... it was a bit nuts with all the soccer fans, but still a great city!
love a song for the way it makes you feel

Tree

QuoteNa wer bist du denn?? ::) Und ick dachte, i wär die einzige hier aus deutschen landen...

SchlandSchlandSchland  8)

Nee war glaub ich bis vor kurzem noch der einzige hier! :D
Du bist nicht vom pearl-jam.de forum oder?^^

I really hope next time they´ll come to germany!

katehsmc

QuoteWhy would they go on tour to support a live album?? That's really not going to happen.

Yeah, I don't understand that assumption either. Especially because it's coming out in the middle of a tour. I wish they would just tour all year long, but they're obviously going to take a break and the probably tour again in the summer or after another new album.

robscloset

I think a tour is going to happen.
Tickets on sale Sept 22 for a November 10th show in Knoxville TN!!  They are playing the Tennessee Theater, an incredibly-restored movie house built in 1928. I will be there Friday night for the Drive-by Truckers!

http://www.tennesseetheatre.com/default.aspx?typeid=5&main=main_news

tomEisenbraun

so you would release the greatest live album ever, along with the sweetest live footage movie since The Song Remains The Same and just rest on your laurels and hope for success?

Hell no, you get out there and keep people frickin pumped, remind em of why this is the live band of the decade (hell, make that two) and reaffirm that fact in their minds. you give them a reason to buy this album and dvd, and this'll soon be looking like a good chrismahannakwanzaakah present for anyone who hasn't had the chance to be so enlightened.

it seems completley logical that America's greatest live band in years would support a live album with a tour. It makes complete sense. Get them jazzed about the live experience, and then give them ability to listen again and again, and then turn it absolutely magical by putting it to film. Seeing as the live show is the foundation for the entire situation, I see it illogical not to tour.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

BH

Hmmmm, 510 miles to Knoxville............
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

midwesterner

I hope they announce more dates before the Noxville tickets go on sale I have been saving my final vacation days of this year for some MMJ touring.

sweatboard

QuoteI think a tour is going to happen.
Tickets on sale Sept 22 for a November 10th show in Knoxville TN!!  They are playing the Tennessee Theater, an incredibly-restored movie house built in 1928. I will be there Friday night for the Drive-by Truckers!

http://www.tennesseetheatre.com/default.aspx?typeid=5&main=main_news

MY HEART HAS STOPPED and I STILL CANT CATCH MY BREATH!!!!!!!  I'll be at the Drive By Truckers show as well.  HOLLY HELL BALLS!!!!!!!  THS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
There's Still Time.........

DuDess

it seems completley logical that America's greatest live band in years would support a live album with a tour. It makes complete sense. Get them jazzed about the live experience, and then give them ability to listen again and again, and then turn it absolutely magical by putting it to film. Seeing as the live show is the foundation for the entire situation, I see it illogical not to tour.

I agree with you. The greatest liveband without live-gigs ... this is contradictionary. I hope the guys are not lazy  ;)

realdeal

Quoteso you would release the greatest live album ever, along with the sweetest live footage movie since The Song Remains The Same and just rest on your laurels and hope for success?

Hell no, you get out there and keep people frickin pumped, remind em of why this is the live band of the decade (hell, make that two) and reaffirm that fact in their minds. you give them a reason to buy this album and dvd, and this'll soon be looking like a good chrismahannakwanzaakah present for anyone who hasn't had the chance to be so enlightened.

So they are just coming off 3 month tour of Europe and will go on tour again to play live songs of their live songs. Get your head straight dude.

BH

So they are just coming off 3 month tour of Europe and will go on tour again to play live songs of their live songs. Get your head straight dude.

Which part of

[size=8]Tickets on sale Sept 22 for a November 10th show in Knoxville TN[/size]

don't you understand?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

sweatboard

I know but I don't believe anything until Riny confirms it.

sweatboard

Oh nevermind, that wasn't directed at me.  oops.

tomEisenbraun

okay, i understand your sympathies realdeal, especially considering jim's pneumonia last year, but these guys have close to a three-week rest as a full band between the last day in europe (oct. 22) and...

just double-checked. they've got the entire month of october off, besides Jim's few solo dates. you're gonna tell me these guys aren't gonna get itchy legs? if you're not recording, or dedicating time to writing songs, what else are you gonna do?

nobody tours as dilligently as these guys do. if your work is to do what you love, wouldn't you get anxious to get out there and keep it up?

and what's this theory thinking I'm an idiot because who would ever tour for a live album so that they could play the live tracks live? your logic works for a second, and then you realize...Z came out last october. they've toured through summer, finally got to europe, played countless brilliant festivals over the summer... this is a band that tours. they live for live shows. and as for material, this just gives them an excuse to not be bound to supporting a specific record, but to just have fun, open up and let 'er rip. play stuff like the bear, hearbreakin man, evelyn...i think we all know those.

and seriously, what good justification could you have besides that, bro? these guys have proved that they live for the live experience, why wouldn't they take advantage of such an opportunity?

katehsmc

well, of course i hope you guys are right. so glad to read about knoxville!!!!!! now i just have to make up a good story for my professors, convince my boyfriend to take off work, and drive from austin to knoxville. 1,054 miles/16 hours according to Yahoo Directions. Completely worth it! Now to find gas money.

Has anyone been to this place? Is there any standing room? I wonder if I should hold off and save my $ for somewhere I can be right up front? (I'm very spoiled by the Edinburgh show now. Jim played several guitar solos right in front of me- he almost hit me in the face with the headstock of his guitar. It was AWESOME! I want to be close every time!)

ycartrob

sweatboard

Quotewell, of course i hope you guys are right. so glad to read about knoxville!!!!!! now i just have to make up a good story for my professors, convince my boyfriend to take off work, and drive from austin to knoxville. 1,054 miles/16 hours according to Yahoo Directions. Completely worth it! Now to find gas money.

Has anyone been to this place? Is there any standing room? I wonder if I should hold off and save my $ for somewhere I can be right up front? (I'm very spoiled by the Edinburgh show now. Jim played several guitar solos right in front of me- he almost hit me in the face with the headstock of his guitar. It was AWESOME! I want to be close every time!)

It's a Theater so there will be no standing section.  It's a really nice theater and the sound in there is pretty good.

CC

QuoteI know but I don't believe anything until Riny confirms it.

go get your tickets :)

tomEisenbraun

I certainly don't mean to sound childish, but....

booyah!!!

BH

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ST. LOUIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!