Main Menu

SNL

Started by ycartrob, Oct 08, 2006, 12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

OK, isn't this the year the Jacket will be on SNL?

BH

YES!  

And Jim could even make a cameo on a skit.

ladies and gentlemen, my morning jacket........
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

dragonboy

Serious question...is SNL the top TV slot that bands in the US hope to get?
Do people still watch the show?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

BH

i actually only watch now when I know there is going to be a good musician/group on.  It definately has it's ups and downs.  it can be funny at times still but it never seems like it is as good as the old days.  

then again, i'm pretty drunk db, and i'm listening to where to begin on the itunes.  glad to hear from you.  is the astoria glow still there?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Jacket Fanatic

SNL has definetly gone downhill. I remeber several years ago when I made a point of watching it every saturday, now I never do. The only time I watch is if a good musician is performing or they have a good host, that's it. It's just not the same anymore. If MMJ was performing I would surely watch.

dragonboy

I can't really coment not having seen a full show in years but the clips I've seen on the internet just aren't funny.
SNL makes me think of Jimmy Fallon & Ashlee Simpson  :-/
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ycartrob

Not really wanting to discuss SNL, but how awesome it would be to see MMJ perform 2 songs live on national TV...

megisnotreal

"We have a great show tonight... MY MORNING JACKET IS HERE!"

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

aMD

I was wondering the same thing, tracy.  I've seen some shitty, shitty bands on SNL and don't see any reason the jacket shoudn't rock it out.  (I said the same thing about Letterman weeks before they were booked there, too).

And what about Leno?  You know that their Letterman performance was an instant classic why wouldn't Leno want in on that action?

ChiefOKONO

because leno has super lame musical taste?

megisnotreal

and he's a d-bag?

cmccubbin25

Quoteand he's a d-bag?

duh!  can't wait till Conan takes that over, then the Jacket will surely be on The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien!
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.

ycartrob

duh!  can't wait till Conan takes that over, then the Jacket will surely be on The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien!

actually, a friend of mine played (drums) on Leno a couple of months ago and said Leno was a genuinely nice guy and the NBC folks got them all pretty liquored up leading to the show.