jim = sammy + eddie

Started by vacuuMan, Nov 13, 2006, 04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

...vacuuman...

i think it's mostly the lighting, but did anyone else think that in okonokos jim looks like a cross between sammy hagar and eddie vedder?  watch it again.

now if he could only rock like sammy.  kidding.

http://www.spokane7.com/blogs/taste/images/hagar.jpg

http://people.ucsc.edu/~mquery/pics/sq-pearl-jam-vedder-smiles-.jpg
$240 worth of puddin'

bug

Detroit Cobras @ The Mad Hatter, Covington KY - 7/11/07
Squirrel Nut Zippers @ Jim Porters, Louisville, KY - 7/18/07

ali

love a song for the way it makes you feel

SiOuxTribe

I can see the similarities.
Passion dripping from the coyote's eyes,
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

ellisintransit

Like alot of the members of this board, I have seen My Morning Jacket many times.

Only since the release of Okonokos and seeing them last night in Atlanta have I come to the same conclusion.  Mostly the Eddie Vedder part.  I can't vouch for the Sammy Hagar part, mosly cause he brings negative thoughts to mind.  hehe.

Anyway, I haven't listend to or paid any attention to Pearl Jam since Vitology....I'm ready to dig in to what I have missed by them, but I digress.

I just wanted to let you know you aren't alone in seeing a Vedder similarity in ole Jimmy.

bug

Jim's beard > Eddies Beard

Jim's hair > Sammy's hair

all beards are not equal :)
Detroit Cobras @ The Mad Hatter, Covington KY - 7/11/07
Squirrel Nut Zippers @ Jim Porters, Louisville, KY - 7/18/07

...vacuuman...

to totally dominate sammy hagar (which he's pretty much done already), jim just needs his own brand of booze.  sammy's got cabo wabo.  perhaps a nice bourbon.

in unrelated news, looks like nye is sold out.  just got my tix in the mail.  gonna be amazing.
$240 worth of puddin'

HailHailPJ

I see more of a Jeff Tweedy and Vedder

Weird my 3 favorite band's frontmen all have similar characteristics

MMJ_fanatic

I don't get it all I see is Jim.  Anyone wanna elaborate on what you think is so similar between JJ and Vedder or JJ and Sammy?
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Caz

I saw MMJ supporting Pearl Jam in Paris this summer, and had never seen MMJ at all before... And for the first few minutes of the set I was trying to work out if Jim was a member of MMJ or if Ed had come on to play with them 8)

Obviously it was dark etc. But it makes me see a similarity between Ed and Jim. I think it's mainly because they are both hairy :)
[url="//www.myspace.com/decentdentist"]www.myspace.com/decentdentist[/url]

megisnotreal

QuoteJim's beard > Eddies Beard

all beards are not equal :)

example: Tom E.