Dondante as an Opener

Started by JohnnyRage, Jun 05, 2007, 07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyRage

I'm watching the Okonokos DVD for the first time today (I know that's a crime), and their performance of Dondante brought down the house.

W/ the summer festival/concert season approaching, and MMJ making repeat appearances at festivals and/or having longer time slots due to their overall rising popularity...

Can, Should or Has Dondante ever been used as a set opener?

W/ festival crowds, people's attention levels are usually high when a new band takes the stage. None of Dondante's parts are so sprawling that it would drive anyone away, imo. And considering that most people at festivals have a minimal familiarity with the band it would serve as a collective kick in the nuts, especially to the talkative frat jocks and wandering stoners.

Then follow it up w/ one of the rockers like One Big Holiday, The Way He Sings, O is the One that is Real, Heartbreakin' Man, GIDEON, Lay Low, or WAWM.

Opinions?
[size=13]Be Right Here Forever...Go Through This Thing Together...And On Heaven's Golden Shores We'll Lay Our Heads[/size][/i]

JohnnyRage

Gotta go...Run Thru's up next!
[size=13]Be Right Here Forever...Go Through This Thing Together...And On Heaven's Golden Shores We'll Lay Our Heads[/size][/i]

The DARK

Pretty sure it hasn't been used as an opener before.

This actually might work pretty well followed by...perhaps It Beats 4 U?
In another time, in another place, in another face