Red Rocks Questions

Started by mother_earth, Jul 08, 2007, 02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

i've never been before, so the question is: is there anything i should know before i go? anything that i should prepare myself for? i've heard there's a hike to get there, is it true?

thanks for the help  :)

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Crispy

The hike depends on where you park - there are several lots and they're all pretty close. You'll be doing some up and down (mostly up) on the way. Get there early and you'll be able to park at the top lot and have a short hike and lot of fun with with the people in the lot. Like me!
What to know: bring rain gear - even if the weather's nice, afternoon showers happen almost everyday. Also bring $$ so you can drink fat tires in the show ;)
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

.Walt

QuoteThe hike depends on where you park - there are several lots and they're all pretty close. You'll be doing some up and down (mostly up) on the way. Get there early and you'll be able to park at the top lot and have a short hike and lot of fun with with the people in the lot. Like me!
What to know: bring rain gear - even if the weather's nice, afternoon showers happen almost everyday. Also bring $$ so you can drink fat tires in the show ;)

thanks a bunch. so you're telling me, that not only am i going to see my favorite band, i'm also going to able to drink my favorite beer there too!?!  :o

so i take it you're going? second night?
thanks again
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Crispy

I am going, but just for the first night - then a slow trip travelling to telluride for the saturday show.
Not only fat tire, but most other new belgiums too!! Probably the worst thing about living in OK is that new belgium won't send beer here because of our stupid liquor laws.
Hey, wear a Jerry shirt and I'll find you before the show ;)
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

bo dereks tits

drink 2 glasses of water for every drink/beer.  That's an ambitous goal, but if you make it halfway you'll feel okay.  

ahydell

Quotedrink 2 glasses of water for every drink/beer.  That's an ambitous goal, but if you make it halfway you'll feel okay.  

Indeed.  If you're not from here you'll under estimate the need for water.  Drink plenty.  See you all Fri night!  Can't wait.
MMJPJ

jordan

I'm headed out to Denver in the morning from Louisville for the show.  I'm so excited to see MMJ and Dylan at Red Rocks.  I've never been there before, but from what I've seen and heard it's a magical place.  Only a few hours left to wait.

JohnnyRage

Congrats to anyone going to the show!!!

Last time I saw MMJ was in my hometown of Denver.

Is this some huge step for the band because they are opening for a legend in a demographic that they may not necessarily belong too? I mean Pearl Jam was a big break, but they have more similarities to PJ, especially audience wise. (I wish they had a few more similarities as far as varying set lists and changing up their songs live, so I've heard)

But Bob Dylan is a singer/songwriter pioneer/juggernaut that started in the early 60's. Maybe if they had stayed the course of Tennessee Fire and At Dawn there would be more comparisons to Dylan, as there used to be N. Young.

So what I'm saying is there will be many fans, critics, and promoters who will be getting their faces rocked off for the first time.

I think it's a big deal, and I'm happy for the guys.
[size=13]Be Right Here Forever...Go Through This Thing Together...And On Heaven's Golden Shores We'll Lay Our Heads[/size][/i]