Radio City Music Hall - NYC 6/20

Started by admin, Jan 15, 2008, 10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

I could go for some Boot Flask Bourbon.   :)

There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

QuoteI thought that the first 35 rows were reserved for pre-sale.  How is it possible that with a 4 ticket limit so many were unable to get tickets and it sold out so fast?  Something doesn't seem to add up here.

"all of the presale tickets are in the first 35 rows"

This does not mean that all of the first 35 rows are in the presale.  

Notice nobody has got tickets in section 3 and 4 which are in the center.  I bet these will be the first to go at the next sale.

Yeah, If you get on ticketmaster right when it goes on sale I bet you can get the center section.  

vespachick

QuoteI could go for some Boot Flask Bourbon.   :)

Thanks for making me laugh Brian!  I'm a little calmer now (took the dog for a walk so he could crap, he had to hold it while I was at war with ticketmahem!!)

I'm sitting in Orch 2, Row J.  Not TERRIBLE, but not excellent either.  I won't complain to much.

And BH, wise insight on the center rows not being released.  I'll try again next friday!  Have a good one all!!
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Crispy

QuoteI thought that the first 35 rows were reserved for pre-sale.  How is it possible that with a 4 ticket limit so many were unable to get tickets and it sold out so fast?  Something doesn't seem to add up here.

"all of the presale tickets are in the first 35 rows"

This does not mean that all of the first 35 rows are in the presale.  

Notice nobody has got tickets in section 3 and 4 which are in the center.  I bet these will be the first to go at the next sale.

Incorrect. Those seats are only sold to corporations with no soul, supermodels, and the extremely wealthy, and others who have never heard of My Morning Jacket.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

tangaroo

I don't think trying again in an hour or so will help - it said that tickets through this online vendor are sold out  :-/

I will try again next week...maybe it's better off. I usually get mezzanine tix when I can, I am super short  ;D

BH

Quotesupermodels

Hopefully it's all supermodels.  Those skinny bitches won't last five minutes in that brain melting atmosphere, and then I'll go sit in there seats! :)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

knarf

anyone know what the prices are gonna be on ticketbastard? (edit: nvm this question, it was just answered in that note in the previous post)   hopefully these will be available at the box office and maybe i can avoid the exorbitant fees...  wish the presale would have been available at radio city, as i would have been there bright and early.  but no, im sure a bunch of out-of-towners and scalpers were more deserving... stupid online ticket sales.

i really cant wait to see these start popping up on craigslist this afternoon.

BH

Holy crap, you know the spot on the main page that says "Most Users Ever Online" etc, etc.   We blew the old mark out of the water.  I think that says a lot about what when on today.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Shakeykneez

QuoteHoly crap, you know the spot on the main page that says "Most Users Ever Online" etc, etc.   We blew the old mark out of the water.  I think that says a lot about what when on today.

What exactly do you think went on here?  There are already tickets on e-bay!

Jon T.

08's gonna be a big year, I tellya.  Maybe too big.... :-?

CTdeadhead

Quotehey everybody, please read this message:
http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-local/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1200672145
makes me feel better, I got shut out and was nearly having a heart attack.  I actually was able to pull one after about 10 minutes but the servers were so bogged down and slow that by they time I got to complete the purchase it said I took too long and the tickets were lost.  Im too old for this shit, its taking years off my life.

pawpaw

QuoteHoly crap, you know the spot on the main page that says "Most Users Ever Online" etc, etc.   We blew the old mark out of the water.  I think that says a lot about what when on today.

I know, I've been thinking about what this show means for them. This is a BIG show for them, to be headlining a venue of this size (roughly 6,000 capacity) and status in NYC. I think that their management booking this show, and then the speed of this morning's presale is quite a statement on the growth of their fanbase. 2008 is going to be quite a year for them...there may be a time in the (not too distant future) when we were wishing for venues as small as the RCMH.

As far as everyone getting pissed who didn't get tickets, I can completely understand. We all put a lot of hope into getting seats, and it hurts when things don't come through. But there are plenty left...I'd guess that only 10-15% of the venue seats were sold this morning. And yes, there will be a chunk of tickets down low that will not be available to the public (some of which will be for family...imagine how proud the band's family will be to see them play on THAT stage!), but even after those are accounted for, there will still be several thousand tickets left for sale next Friday. So don't give up!
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

mjkoehler

QuoteDamn, now people are getting better tickets than me!   Presales never work.  Why don't I learn, and just buy them when they go on sale to everyone else.
Bingo...I never buy presales as they are never that great of tickets and it's only a limited qty.

lucky. I couldn't even finish the sentence "Can I Go?" before I got the look of death from across the room.

Penny Lane

i hate to be annoying but i haven't been able to get thru to RCMH box office to ask--but are tix gonna only be on sale thru ticketmaster on friday?? or can i go to the box office?

and damn-black crowes sold out already!!!!

can someone just message me or post the answer...they can't play in my city and i NOT get a ticket...that would be such an injustice
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

aMD

QuoteDamn, now people are getting better tickets than me!   Presales never work.  Why don't I learn, and just buy them when they go on sale to everyone else.
Bingo...I never buy presales as they are never that great of tickets and it's only a limited qty.

lucky. I couldn't even finish the sentence "Can I Go?" before I got the look of death from across the room.

LOL. I avoided the look of death by not even asking.  ;D

Jon T.

LOL. I avoided the look of death by not even asking.  ;D

"I mean, you have to be kidding....."

Was the response I got verbatim via email.  I was too chicken shit to ask in person.

mjkoehler

Jon- You are my new idol! Thats ballsy

EC

i find all of this very exciting.
i might venture down to nyc in june and try my luck for this wonderful event of joy in music.

sweatboard

Quotei find all of this very exciting.
i might venture down to nyc in june and try my luck for this wonderful event of joy in music.

You should, it's been to long.  :-*