Any ideas regarding a Philly area show?

Started by Zzzzzzzz, Apr 21, 2008, 12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zzzzzzzz

My friends and family (wife and two small children) have been listening to me preach about this band for months now.  I want to take them to see MMJ so they can "get it."  Any idea of any Philly area shows and where they might play?  I hope it's outdoors.

BH

Were you at the show that they played Z front to back?  October '05 I believe at the Theatre of Living Arts?  It looks like there was a noon show and a night show that day.  What was the deal?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Zzzzzzzz

I have only become  a true fan in the last year, so as much as it saddens me, I missed their past Philly appearances.  The venues were overflowing the last two times they were here.  I'm hoping for something outdoors rather than something like the Tower Theater.

My 3 year old son constantly asks me to put that "My Morning Jacket on, daddy."

Does life get better than that??

Ghosts_on_TV

Either the electric factrory (Which I'm hoping for) or seeing as they are only getting bigger, The Tower Theater. Prob aroung august/September.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

alexzbik

i am hoping for the tower or if it is outdoors then hopefully the Mann.  please no Penn's Landing!
Stolen as the war begun, this time your soul is my one.

Zzzzzzzz

Electric  Factory is out.  They are too big now and that venue drives me nuts.  Hoping for the Mann.  I actually think they are bigger than the Tower theater at this point, but still a cool place to see a show.

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteElectric  Factory is out.  They are too big now and that venue drives me nuts.  Hoping for the Mann.  I actually think they are bigger than the Tower theater at this point, but still a cool place to see a show.

I wouldn't count out the electric factory. And the tower would fit them just fine.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Zzzzzzzz

Tower only seats 3100.  I find it hard to believe MMJ isn't way beyond that at this point.

The Electric Factory is a dump.  To see a summer show there is a living nightmare.  I have been there too many times and hate the venue more with each visit.

goldenlady

They played the electric factory December 06...it was pretty packed in there but it was an awsome show...tix would sell out real fast for a show there..

I really hope they don't play the Tower...I was just there for Wilco and it just wasnt the same...I have been to many a show at the Tower prior and it had always been a no holds barred venue..dancing, partying..whatever...I even saw this hippster with his dog during a Phil Lesh show (that's a whole other story)...but this Wilco show they made everyone sit down and my buddy got taken out of his seat for smokin...Wilco rocked out, they were great but I was disapointed in the Tower security for not letting people stand up...we were at a rock concert...it feels ackward to sit like that..

I too am hoping for a Philly show..it's only an hour drive for me...but I will be at Radio City and Louisville..can't wait for the Summer!!!

Zzzzzzzz

I get to see them at Roo this year, but I'd like to take some people to a local show.

Fingers crossed for the Mann Music Center.  Love that venue.  Saw Trey in 01 there and it was killer.

alexzbik

e-factory flat out blows.  one of the worst venues in the country imho. i flat out refuse to go to shows there (only mmj can get me there these days).  they oversell it, have the worst security and the sound is not that great.  a summer e-factory show is absolute hell.

the tower i happen to love.  i was at the same wilco show and yes the crowd did suck back i think that had more to do with the band.  if mmj plays the tower i can garuantee that the crowd will not be seated.  i saw ween at the tower a couple of months before the wilco tower show and the crowd was up and dancing the whole show so it really depends on the band.  also the tower wilco show is one of the best sounding shows i have ever been to.  the sound was amazing.  

i would be estatic with a mmj tower show.

JerseyDan

Zzzzzzzz

get your suntan lotion ready...

SWEET!!!!!!

Any clues?

JerseyDan

Zzzzzzzz

Well, it sounds like GOOD NEWS.  I need to see the boys in open air this summer.

alexzbik

the mann would also be a dream but 14,000 is a huge venue to fill.  although with the black keys on the bill then maybe it is possible.

penn's landing is like the summer version of the e-factory.  so i am hoping the show isn't there also.

Zzzzzzzz

I don't dislike Festival Pier as much as others do.  Yes, it's asphalt, but I kind of like having the river right there.  Eh, not the best venue, but not the worst.

alexzbik

not only does the asphalt blow but so does the sound at festival pier.

Zzzzzzzz

I'm betting the Pier will be the venue.  

alexzbik