What shows are YOU hitting up this summer/fall?

Started by alexzbik, May 22, 2008, 09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

QuoteI feel like the three of us need to take a year off and just travel around the country seeing shows, eating at hole in the wall diners, and basically just kicking ass.

you would need a designated driver: someone whom you could trust to get you to all the shows whilst you 3 experimented with all the ales and liquors that the local flavor could offer.

That's where I fit in.

Excellent.  It would also be helpful if you were trained in mixing cocktails and c.p.r. training would be a bonus.  We'll need a limo.  Not a new one, but something really old like this:

That's tight

ms. yvon

you will have to add the sunroof yourselves.   ;)
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

BH

Ha, I didn't notice that.  How is Brian going to stand up and thrust in Tracy's face?    Back to the drawing board.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ycartrob

QuoteHa, I didn't notice that.  How is Brian going to stand up and thrust in Tracy's face?    Back to the drawing board.

yep, I can hear that conversation already, "You know Brian, the first 174 times you got up and starting thrusting in my face were pretty hilarious, but, I'm not feeling it anymore. Plus, you just spilled whatever it is that you're drinking all down the back of my shirt"

I'll need one of these:

and probably one of these:

velvetwings

Keep MMJ wrapped around my soul,

so it won't fly away...

gundy

There were soooo many dates to choose from so we decided to pick:
San Diego
Chicago- both nights!

Would have loved to see them in OR, or back at the Fillmore in SF...

ms. yvon

yep, I can hear that conversation already, "You know Brian, the first 174 times you got up and starting thrusting in my face were pretty hilarious, but, I'm not feeling it anymore. Plus, you just spilled whatever it is that you're drinking all down the back of my shirt"
;D ;D ;D
tracy,  thank you this the first out-loud laugh of my day.   it could not have come at a better time.  :-*
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

capt. scotty

CHI-town, friday

...myrtle sounds good and ill be on break (I lived there 2 summers ago too and nobody came through!), but im gonna be lacking funds most likely

looks like a lotta ppl are basing vacations around MMJ too, or lots of traveling
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

lisaskye

QuoteI'm doing:
NYC
LA
(There's another festival in the bay area the night after LA just before the Berkeley Greek, I wonder if they'll show... ::)
PDX
:)
Yeah!!!  LA here we come.....we have Vesap Chick, Lisa ( Luv dawg) and Ms. Yvon, girls night out!!!!
REPRESENT!   [smiley=beer.gif]

i've got:
rcmh (!)
louisville (!)
p-town
los angeles

maybe you can do San Diego and stay at my place.  ::) I am 5 minutes away.   I am so ready....

mika j.

vegas
L.A.
see you guys there, i cant wait.
to the lucky one who are going to see them in 2 weeks in tenn. Have a great time!!!!

ms. yvon

QuoteI'm doing:
NYC
LA
(There's another festival in the bay area the night after LA just before the Berkeley Greek, I wonder if they'll show... ::)
PDX
:)
Yeah!!!  LA here we come.....we have Vesap Chick, Lisa ( Luv dawg) and Ms. Yvon, girls night out!!!!
REPRESENT!   [smiley=beer.gif]

i've got:
rcmh (!)
louisville (!)
p-town
los angeles

maybe you can do San Diego and stay at my place.  ::) I am 5 minutes away.   I am so ready....
thanks, lisa!  since that is a weeknight, the jury is still out on the san diego show.  i will absolutely take you up on it if i can go, though!   :D

rats

as of now

Bonnaroo
Pearl Jam - Camden I
Pearl Jam - Camden II
Pearl Jam - D.C.
Pearl Jam - MSG I
Radiohead - Camden
Nine Inch Nails - Philly
My Morning Jacket - Red Rocks
My Morning Jacket - Charlottesville
My Morning Jacket - Philly

shockadow

WOW!!!  a HUGE week was just announced for Atlanta...

Oct.1- Raconteurs
Oct. 2- Black Keys
Oct. 5- Black Crowes

Then Voodoo 2 weeks later.  I'll betcha "Los Jacketos" play Voodoo.  they've danced all around it.
O, How time flies, with crystal clear eyes.  But it's cold, it's cold, when you're ending with diamond eyes.

tbw

CTdeadhead

I will be checking out
RCMH
Bonnaroo
Newport Folk Fest
Boston

so far.  Maybe more if work permits it.