RCMH poster by Guy Burwell

Started by orbison, Jun 10, 2008, 08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orbison

check it out
http://www.gigposters.com/poster/98330_My_Morning_Jacket.html
I wonder if I can take a poster tube inside the venue with me. I'm gonna call 'em.

j_rud

It says on the Radio City site that small bags that will fit under the seats are allowed. Im thinking a standard backpack would be fine.
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

Angry Ewok

I love his style. Very nice.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

the_wizzard

Whoo-hooo!  P-town Pride!  I am so glad Guy Burwell did the poster, I love his style too!  
I have these precious gems already:

(sorry so tiny, but it is my favorite as it was straight-up given to us at the show)

Now I have to figure out to keep the poster safe during and after the show  ;)

vespachick

This is great!  I was just thinking today that I should remember to put a poster tube in my backpack!  

This one will be the perfect match to my Jan 9, '07 one (Liz: he gave this one to me directly as well; he's a super nice guy, even went to the bar for me cuz he was in the VIP section and I was trapped in the point apex of the boozer section at the ballroom!)

I can't wait!!!! :D :D
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

BH

Kick ASS!  My favorite poster artist as well.  I only have the '04 poster but I want the rest!   This is a guarantee purchase!   I've already spent half my tax check and I havn't even got it yet!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Angry Ewok

I don't own any of his posters, but it says something when people who haven't even been to the show want the poster from it. The blizzard one is my favorite. It's all about conveying emotion, and even though the image doesn't really say "MMJ", it's totally rock and roll and that's what people want to frame on their wall.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

BH

QuoteI don't own any of his posters, but it says something when people who haven't even been to the show want the poster from it. The blizzard one is my favorite. It's all about conveying emotion, and even though the image doesn't really say "MMJ", it's totally rock and roll and that's what people want to frame on their wall.

See, I think it totally says MMJ.  It's what I think of when I listen to the beginning of At Dawn.  And Jim mentions robots in at least two songs that I can think of. ;D
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

AMightyCaporal

those are all really beautiful pieces of art! how much will they be selling them for do you think?
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

YouAre_GivenToFly

Just got a call back from Radio City. The guy I talked to said he spoke with the head of security and he said bringing a poster tube in was fine as long as it wasn't an oversized one. Anyhitng that you can just put under your chair is fine.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

AMightyCaporal

QuoteJust got a call back from Radio City. The guy I talked to said he spoke with the head of security and he said bringing a poster tube in was fine as long as it wasn't an oversized one. Anyhitng that you can just put under your chair is fine.
how long until you got a call back? they haven't called me at all about the cameras, and I'm really hoping they do it soon
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

orbison

thanks for the info!

also, the poster dimensions are 17.5 X 23.5 in case anyone wants to know regarding the tube size.

cmccubbin25

Quotethanks for the info!

also, the poster dimensions are 17.5 X 23.5 in case anyone wants to know regarding the tube size.

that's a long tube!  ;)

that's what she said.

sorry...i couldn't resist.
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.

YouAre_GivenToFly

QuoteJust got a call back from Radio City. The guy I talked to said he spoke with the head of security and he said bringing a poster tube in was fine as long as it wasn't an oversized one. Anyhitng that you can just put under your chair is fine.
how long until you got a call back? they haven't called me at all about the cameras, and I'm really hoping they do it soon

a day or 2. shoot them an email and include your phone number. it worked for me!

AMightyCaporal

a day or 2. shoot them an email and include your phone number. it worked for me!

cool thanks, i suppose you just emailed customer service?

YouAre_GivenToFly

cool thanks, i suppose you just emailed customer service?

feedbackradiocity@thegarden.com

ms. yvon

holy cow.

the rcmh poster is FANTASTIC!   :o ;D

i just talked to the guy who is going to cover for me at work so i can take that day off for the trip to the show.

i am getting so giddy!  :D
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."