BONNAROO IS LATE NIGHT!

Started by alexzbik, Feb 27, 2008, 12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexzbik

Phil Lesh & My Morning Jacket Late Night Sets!
by Bonnaroo

2/27/2008 11:15:49 AM

The Phil Lesh & Friends and My Morning Jacket performances will be special late night shows on the Which Stage! Following the tradition of historic past performances from artists such as The Flaming Lips, Primus, and Trey Anastasio, these epic performances
Stolen as the war begun, this time your soul is my one.

harpua51

They set the bar awfully high in 2006.  This set will be on a main stage.  I can see the guys coming up with some fantastic antics for this show!

It kills me  that I cant go this year! :-/ :'(

ellisintransit

My only hope is that this show is on Friday night, so that I can get a good spot while Metallica plays the main stage.  

This is going to be amazing!

tomEisenbraun

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

ms. yvon

SWEET JESUS!!

i just got a little shiver.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

.Walt

yes!!! this is what i wanted!! i just feel so much better now.
never stop dreaming people...never stop dreaming...

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

tomEisenbraun

haha, i forgot to add that actually made this throaty growling YES! when I got this email. I think my downstairs neighbor thinks I'm nuts...
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

TEO

Better get there early, I waited 4 hours 2 years ago to get front row.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Penny Lane

i've been going back and forth about making the trip from NJ BUT this may have just sealed the deal for me.  i live for the late night shows!!!! WOOO HOOOOO!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

LEATHER KID

IT'S ALL FUCKIN' CHEESE!!

easy jim

the only way i won't be on the upfront for that show is if PJ is headlining the same night.  Even then I might head to Jacket early and catch Eddie there later.

oh sweet optimism :D
So soon after payday, know it seemed a shame!

Anu

Generally, I am not always spot-on with my predictions, but I so called this!!! YES!!!

ms. yvon

;D  nicely done!

QuoteBetter get there early, I waited 4 hours 2 years ago to get front row.
dude, this makes me miss you!   [smiley=beer.gif]
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

Ghosts_on_TV

I think they will play after PJ's set. I just hope they don't play at the same time as Sigur Ros. That would suck. Hard.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Penny Lane

does anyone have an educated guess as to who will be playing sunday night? my friend and i wanna know if we should leave early sunday so we can be back at work on monday--i don't wanna skip out if it's phil lesh & F or MMJ...when is the lineup posted??? if it's PJ, i wouldn't mind leaving.

CC

Quotedoes anyone have an educated guess as to who will be playing sunday night? my friend and i wanna know if we should leave early sunday so we can be back at work on monday--i don't wanna skip out if it's phil lesh & F or MMJ...when is the lineup posted??? if it's PJ, i wouldn't mind leaving.

Phil & MMJ are Which stage late nights and will most likely be on Friday and Saturday. I think Jack Johnson will be playing Sunday night. Don't take my word for it but that's my educated guess.

Penny Lane

thanks--i'll see JJ in august so i don't mind beating the rush and heading for the airport sooner.

rats

Quotedoes anyone have an educated guess as to who will be playing sunday night? my friend and i wanna know if we should leave early sunday so we can be back at work on monday--i don't wanna skip out if it's phil lesh & F or MMJ...when is the lineup posted??? if it's PJ, i wouldn't mind leaving.

sucks for anyone who misses the PJ set. have you ever seen PJ live?

nightafternight

out of ALL the bands i've seen and/or yet to see, and despite having been to plenty MMJ shows by now, the pinnacle show for me is seeing them do the late night set at 'roo. won't be this year, but one year, oh yes.

Penny Lane

sucks for anyone who misses the PJ set. have you ever seen PJ live?

yes my very first concert in high school--i was a diehard for their first few albums-- i also liked the 'into the wild' soundtrack --but for some reason, they sound really dated to me other than a few songs on ten whereas groups like nirvana and pavement will always sound fresh. not really interested in seeing them but i'm sure they put on a great show.