BONNAROO IS LATE NIGHT!

Started by alexzbik, Feb 27, 2008, 12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rats

Quotedoes anyone have an educated guess as to who will be playing sunday night? my friend and i wanna know if we should leave early sunday so we can be back at work on monday--i don't wanna skip out if it's phil lesh & F or MMJ...when is the lineup posted??? if it's PJ, i wouldn't mind leaving.

sucks for anyone who misses the PJ set. have you ever seen PJ live?

yes my very first concert in high school--i was a diehard for their first few albums-- i also liked the 'into the wild' soundtrack --but for some reason, they sound really dated to me other than a few songs on ten whereas groups like nirvana and pavement will always sound fresh. not really interested in seeing them but i'm sure they put on a great show.

fair enough. i would still recommend you give them another shot though since you are going to be at bonnaroo anyway. it's quite the experience, and despite your opinion of their rescent studio work, the music translates extremely well through the live performance.

Penny Lane

well hopefully i can get monday off from work so it won't be an issue anyway:-)!!  my best friend is flying in from san diego-it all depends on her schedule as well.  i wouldn't mind seeing a little even flow and once live again.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

easy jim

Quotedoes anyone have an educated guess as to who will be playing sunday night? my friend and i wanna know if we should leave early sunday so we can be back at work on monday--i don't wanna skip out if it's phil lesh & F or MMJ...when is the lineup posted??? if it's PJ, i wouldn't mind leaving.

Phil & MMJ are Which stage late nights and will most likely be on Friday and Saturday. I think Jack Johnson will be playing Sunday night. Don't take my word for it but that's my educated guess.

well then, this may be the first year I leave before Sunday night

edit: i.e. after dark Sunday
So soon after payday, know it seemed a shame!

Penny Lane

Phil & MMJ are Which stage late nights and will most likely be on Friday and Saturday. I think Jack Johnson will be playing Sunday night. Don't take my word for it but that's my educated guess.

well then, this may be the first year I leave before Sunday night

on the other hand, i'm sure they'll bring up some pretty good guests up w/them, too--tough call

easy jim

i wouldn't put money on it...

unless, of course, Eddie V sticks around all weekend.

LEATHER KID

Eddie and JJ are good buds.
IT'S ALL FUCKIN' CHEESE!!

easy jim

QuoteEddie and JJ are good buds.

yeah...that's one thing that would make it better.

I wasn't trying to knock on Jack, but he just doesn't seem to fit as the climactic act to conclude the roo.

I think it'll be:

JJ Friday
Metallica Sat
Pearl Jam Sunday

DaFunkyPrecedent

so pretty much MMJ are headlining the Roo.  SWEET.  
God damn those shaky knees.

Anu

Jacket will be Saturday as Lips were last year. We are so skipping the mainstage act and having a campout in front of the stage.

Listening to the funky new material live is making me sick with anticipation.

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

alexzbik

Stolen as the war begun, this time your soul is my one.

rats

headliners are going to look like this

thurs - kanye west
fri - metallica
sat - pearl jam
sun - widespread panic

i hope this late night set is friday night. i'm not missing any of the pearl jam set and will be disappointed if i can't get a descent spot for mmj. i want to see metallica too, but wouldn't mind leaving that one early.

easy jim

Quoteheadliners are going to look like this

thurs - kanye west
fri - metallica
sat - pearl jam
sun - widespread panic

i hope this late night set is friday night. i'm not missing any of the pearl jam set and will be disappointed if i can't get a descent spot for mmj. i want to see metallica too, but wouldn't mind leaving that one early.

I have the sneaking suspicion that it will be PJ and MMJ in succession on saturday...that's unfortunate.  

it would be strange if Kanye headlined Thurs because they usually don't have a headliner or any major acts playing that night.  It's kind of like a warmup to the festival.  

Zzzzzzzz

Where are you getting that Kanye is playing Thursday night?

Friday is definitely Mettallica>MMJ latenight.  Pearl Jam is Saturday night.

alexzbik

i would aslo be surprised if Kanye was thursday night, i don't see that happening.
Stolen as the war begun, this time your soul is my one.

scosby2

according to phillesh.net, he will be playing in Chicago on the 13th(Friday) and then playing the midnight show on saturday night. I guess we know that that means...

rats

maybe i'm wrong about kanye. i've never been to bonnaroo but i know for a fact pj is saturday and widespread is sunday. from that i figured metallica for friday leaving thursday for kanye. didn't know they did more than one headliner for a night.

easy jim

Friday is definitely Mettallica>MMJ latenight.  Pearl Jam is Saturday night.

I would die for that!  I've been trying to figure out what I'll do if it's PJ and MMJ on saturday.  I'd definitely get close for Jacket one way or another, even if it means missing a chunk of Pearl Jam

Penny Lane

Quotemaybe i'm wrong about kanye. i've never been to bonnaroo but i know for a fact pj is saturday and widespread is sunday. from that i figured metallica for friday leaving thursday for kanye. didn't know they did more than one headliner for a night.

they normally don't put a huge act on thursday, right?  i remember a couple years ago seeing STS9---maybe sigur ros this year? i think it was les claypool and that really annoying singer he toured with one year in 05'? no way kanye is playing thurs...

LEATHER KID

Quotemaybe i'm wrong about kanye. i've never been to bonnaroo but i know for a fact pj is saturday and widespread is sunday. from that i figured metallica for friday leaving thursday for kanye. didn't know they did more than one headliner for a night.

they normally don't put a huge act on thursday, right?  i remember a couple years ago seeing STS9---maybe sigur ros this year? i think it was les claypool and that really annoying singer he toured with one year in 05'? no way kanye is playing thurs...
RACHEL YAMAGATA and that stuff blew.  Electric Eel Shock was the best thursday show I've ever seen.
IT'S ALL FUCKIN' CHEESE!!