Just booked my NYE hotel.  The Gershwin

Started by Zzzzzzzz, Jun 25, 2008, 08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny Lane

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

siserilla

Here's another question for you, would it be better to stay in Newark or Long Island/Queens? I found a hotel in Long Island City for 137/night. I read some reviews and it said the hotel wasn't anything spectacular but it's about a mile from the subway station...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Honest Man

I heard the Ritz Carlton is having a special rate for anyone with a MMJ ticket. They dropped the price from $2k/ night to $50 bucks.

WOO HOO! :D
The fact that my hearts beating, is all the proof you need.

Penny Lane

QuoteHere's another question for you, would it be better to stay in Newark or Long Island/Queens? I found a hotel in Long Island City for 137/night. I read some reviews and it said the hotel wasn't anything spectacular but it's about a mile from the subway station...

hmmm...is it LI City or LI? i don't think it's as convenient but it will still probably work. depends where you're flying into also. if you're coming in la guardia it makes sense but if you're driving or coming into newark-stick w/newark. i mean you can't be a 5 dollar train that runs every 20 min--it's nicer and cleaner than the subway/cab system

siserilla

QuoteHere's another question for you, would it be better to stay in Newark or Long Island/Queens? I found a hotel in Long Island City for 137/night. I read some reviews and it said the hotel wasn't anything spectacular but it's about a mile from the subway station...

hmmm...is it LI City or LI? i don't think it's as convenient but it will still probably work. depends where you're flying into also. if you're coming in la guardia it makes sense but if you're driving or coming into newark-stick w/newark. i mean you can't be a 5 dollar train that runs every 20 min--it's nicer and cleaner than the subway/cab system

It says Long Island City. It's the Best Western City View Inn.

We'll be flying into wherever is the cheapest. More than likely we'll be flying into LGA, Newark is a lot more expensive for some reason (which is odd, b/c they're usually so much cheaper).

Originally we wanted to stay in Manhattan but we're poor college students so more than likely we won't be able to do that. I'm somewhat familiar with the city because I lived in Hyde Park for a little under a year but I'm not very familiar with the outskirts...How long is the train ride into Penn from Newark?

fitzcarraldo

We'll be flying into wherever is the cheapest. More than likely we'll be flying into LGA, Newark is a lot more expensive for some reason (which is odd, b/c they're usually so much cheaper).

Originally we wanted to stay in Manhattan but we're poor college students so more than likely we won't be able to do that. I'm somewhat familiar with the city because I lived in Hyde Park for a little under a year but I'm not very familiar with the outskirts...How long is the train ride into Penn from Newark?

Hi.  :) If you are flying into LaGuardia, Long Island City would be your best choice.  It's on the edge of Queens and only a few subway stops to MSG. Staying in Newark would be a major hassle for you or anyone flying into and out of LaGuardia or JFK.  

siserilla

Hi.  :) If you are flying into LaGuardia, Long Island City would be your best choice.  It's on the edge of Queens and only a few subway stops to MSG. Staying in Newark would be a major hassle for you or anyone flying into and out of LaGuardia or JFK.  
Thanks for the advice :)

Penny Lane

murph is right..LIC is super close---as far as newark to penn station-i posted the schedule---it's about 20 min or less---they run about every 20 min...very convenient

siserilla

Quotemurph is right..LIC is super close---as far as newark to penn station-i posted the schedule---it's about 20 min or less---they run about every 20 min...very convenient

I found a Comfort Inn in Flushing for 127 a night, it got great reviews on TripAdvisor so it looks like that's where we'll be staying. Woo! Is it December yet?

logan5ive

FYI: The Gershwin is right next door to the MoSex (Museum of Sex). Just sayin'.  :)  
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

siserilla

QuoteFYI: The Gershwin is right next door to the MoSex (Museum of Sex). Just sayin'.  :)  

Haha. Then I know exactly where this hotel is. I'd rather have my own bathroom and stay a little bit further away.....

bold99

QuoteFYI: The Gershwin is right next door to the MoSex (Museum of Sex). Just sayin'.  :)  

Awesome, I'd rather fall out of MSG after a rockin show and not have to deal with any trains.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

bold99

I think there should def be sometype of pre-pre party meet up at the Gershwin before the pre-party bar.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

LowDownLuvDawg

i totally agree... i haven't booked yet but it looks like the Gershwin is going to happen... we should all definitely pre-party there then head to the Garden of the Jacket ;) together... 8-)

Penny Lane

yeah i'm sure they have some kind of gala thing going on there but find out if there's some kind of room to rent--i know it'll be pricey but you'd have to pay to get into a bar (assuming it's possible) anyway-

siserilla

Wooo! Just booked our hotel. We're staying in Flushing.

EgoTesticle

Once again:

My house is available for the Swedish Women's VolleyBall Team if they choose to come see Jacket on NYE .....
Thank you .... You've been a lovely audience ....I'll be here all week .... Try the veal!