Why are the playing at Madison Square Garden

Started by adam.enterkin, Jun 29, 2008, 12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zzzzzzzz

* On February 18, 2008 The Spice Girls performed to a sold out audience as apart of their reunion tour.

* On February 19, 2008 The Foo Fighters headlined a Garden show for the first time to a sold out crowd.

* On February 21, 2008 Jay-Z made an appearance at a Linkin Park's sold out concert and performed with them for the first time since the Grammy Awards of 2006.

* From February 25-28, 2008 Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood performed three concerts. It was their first full scale live collaboration since Blind Faith almost 40 years earlier.

* On May 2, May 6, and May 7, 2008 Jay-Z and Mary J Blige performed three sold out performances. The May 2 show was scheduled late because the first two sold out in less than two minutes each, and gave fans who did not receive tickets for the other two shows another chance to see the show.

* On May 9, 2008 My Chemical Romance performed a sold out show with Drive By and their long time friends Taking Back Sunday.

* On June 15, 2008 heavy metal band Iron Maiden will return to a sold out show in the Arena for the first time in five years.

* On June 24 & 25, 2008, Pearl Jam will make a much anticipated return to the arena, for their first performance there in five years.

* On July 14 & 15, 2008, Bon Jovi will wrap up their Lost Highway Tour there.

* On September 13, 2008, Japanese rock band X Japan will play their first US concert at the arena as part of their 2008 world tour.

* My Morning Jacket will perform a New Year's Eve show on December 31, 2008.

[edit]

j_rud

Quote* On February 18, 2008 The Spice Girls performed to a sold out audience as apart of their reunion tour.

Doesnt this kind of support the other guys argument?  ;D
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

tomEisenbraun

Quote   * On February 18, 2008 The Spice Girls performed to a sold out audience as apart of their reunion tour.

Doesnt this kind of support the other guys argument?  ;D

Dammit if I don't love this song...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFA6LlaWbJc[/media]

I wish I was joking. Seriously.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

AMightyCaporal

poor poor adam, he had know Idea what he was getting into, and here you guys are, beating a dead horse.  You killed him, your killed adam the horse! i hope you're all happy!

but with all do respect to adam the dead horse... really dude? like, really? how is this not the most amazing thing to happen to a terrific band that deserves it.  can the sell out bullshit, if a band get recognized for their talents, they should alway embrace it. they are doing what they love, if they make money off of it then good for them... oh and last time i checked, every seat in MSG for the MMJ show is the same price on ticketmaster... so kindly screw yourself
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

tenn

QuoteI'm sorry, but this thread really irks me.

Your avatar is irking me.  ;)
Points for the extra long posts though, I bet you made Tom jealous with those.

Zzzzzzzz

To me, MSG represents a holy musical place.

tomEisenbraun

Dude, I bow to your prowess at the long post. I've never ever had to separate mine into parts.

Holy shit.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

bold99

QuoteTo me, MSG represents a holy musical place.

great post about MSG...but I probably would've edited it a little, including this one.

* Former boy-band NSYNC sold out two concerts at the Garden in May 2000 for their No Strings Attached Tour, which was later released on DVD, titled simply "NSYNC Live From Madison Square Garden"
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

Salacious D

QuoteTo me, MSG represents a holy musical place.
It's a mecca. And I'm going on a pilgrimage.
Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover-el chode

Honest Man

What a cum fiend. That venue is fantastic.

The fact that my hearts beating, is all the proof you need.

kymomandstuff

Adam must be the same guy that called Dylan "Judas" when he went electric during the '69 tour.Saying MMJ sold out to play at MSG is like saying Michelangelo sold out when he painted the ceiling of the Sistine chapel.Hopefully MMJ won't cancel when they get word that Adam's not coming.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Penny Lane

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

AMightyCaporal

Quotemy name is adam-
:'(  :'(  :'(

my life is SOOOOOOOO hard right now, even though nothing has happened, my family is healthy and alive, my parents buy my skinny jeans for me and my uber hip iphone and other mac products. but still, they dont get me, no one gets me, your all sell outs!
:'( :'( :'(
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

j_rud

These funny pictures and indictments of Adams personal style are all well and good, but back to the topic at hand: what should we make of this wanton ambition? Its like the band has become social climbers, but in a professional sense. Im not sure why but its like they're trying to build a career. I dont know about you guys but it makes me sick...  
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

ycartrob

they're playing a gig in New York City, New Year's Eve; no more, no less.

Rock on!

DavidCrosby

QuoteAdam must be the same guy that called Dylan "Judas" when he went electric during the '69 tour.Saying MMJ sold out to play at MSG is like saying Michelangelo sold out when he painted the ceiling of the Sistine chapel.Hopefully MMJ won't cancel when they get word that Adam's not coming.

...not to be a dick, but I am a stickler for Dylan....he went electric in 1966 in England, he didnt tour from 67-74....
listen to vinyl

YouAre_GivenToFly

Why are they playing MSG?

Because they can.

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

EvilGirl

Is the MSG a seated only venue or do you have the option for seating or standing tickets?

harpua51

Quote.....have you ever heard the Phish NYE 1995 recording....yeah that place sucks for acoustics.....and I have been to two shows at MSG this year (Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood/R.E.M.) and I knew what band was playing and it didnt echo at all.....whatever, I dont want someone with a bad attitude at this concert anyway, everyone is going to be rocking and having a great fucking time without you dude....I cant wait......

PHISH sucked no matter WHERE THEY PLAYED!

Dont hate on PHISH!!!!   Many people on this board will agree they never sucked!  They just didnt play as well when a certain guitar player developed a really bad needle drug habit! >:(