as to why they are playing at MSG? & adam

Started by slimkim, Jul 02, 2008, 03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slimkim

y'all need to relax on adam.

maybe it was an innocent remark or possibly it was just ignorance (meaning not knowing, not derogatory) or maybe he is just an anarchist!

this is what matters most...

we can all agree that it's gonna be a fantastic way to end this freagin year and a better way to start the new year.

because as the song goes "it's not where but who you are with that really matters..."

so don't hate.

i thought the band's fans are cool and peaceful as it reads in all the threads, well most of them... i don't think the band would appreciate the harsh words/pictures toward adam.  so i leave you all with a question?

WWJD?

and it's not jesus. and it's all good...

slim i am
there's a pool and a pond... pond's good for you...

TEO

I have a wristband with something like that debossed on it that somebody  really cool sent me.......
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Angry Ewok

Uh... did you mean to post a reply in the MSG thread or start a brand new topic about it?
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

AMightyCaporal

Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

slimkim

QuoteUh... did you mean to post a reply in the MSG thread or start a brand new topic about it?

um. i tried. but there was no option to reply. i didn't see the button.

but i am glad you caught on.

hope that clears it up for everyone that this post is a reply.

my bad...
there's a pool and a pond... pond's good for you...

DaFunkyPrecedent

God damn those shaky knees.

D. Sinclair

QuoteUh... did you mean to post a reply in the MSG thread or start a brand new topic about it?

I locked that thread yesterday, Brad.

harpua51

Good job moderatrix

That thread was going to start a bunch of shit....Phish bashing...adam bashing....misunderstood indie kid bashing.....it was kinda new for this forum....

wild and crazy :D

EgoTesticle

... A "moderatrix"?

.... Does that mean when you lock up a thread you are wearing stilletto heeled boots, a black polyvinyl cat suit and holding a whip?

.... And if so .....  Are there photos available?

Oh, yes..... adam's post was done out of smarmy assholiness ....

And I thinks we all knows dat .....
Thank you .... You've been a lovely audience ....I'll be here all week .... Try the veal!

Angry Ewok

Good call.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Bigsky

Man...I missed some drama? I got to stop working so hard and get back to slacking off with all my mmj peeps...

EgoTesticle

QuoteMan...I missed some drama? I got to stop working so hard and get back to slacking off with all my mmj peeps...

So true, Big ....

You missed two pregnancies, a robbery, the revelation that adam is a tool and a wild Mazola orgy .....
Thank you .... You've been a lovely audience ....I'll be here all week .... Try the veal!

Zzzzzzzz

Pretty sure I put him in his place with my historical list of MSG.

I mean, we know how bad Floyd, Stones, Zeppelin and the Who are.  What a dump MSG is.

Bigsky

QuoteMan...I missed some drama? I got to stop working so hard and get back to slacking off with all my mmj peeps...

So true, Big ....

You missed two pregnancies, a robbery, the revelation that adam is a tool and a wild Mazola orgy .....

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bigsky

QuotePretty sure I put him in his place with my historical list of MSG.

I mean, we know how bad Floyd, Stones, Zeppelin and the Who are.  What a dump MSG is.

He was bustin' on MSG? I've only seen the Grateful Dead and Phish there, but it is my favorite arena to see music...it always feels like I'm in a spaceship.

harpua51

FWIW

I was a little alarmed when i first heard that my favorite band was going to be on the biggest stage in the world for NYE.  I kept thinking "what if they dont sell well" and also I had to question "are they ready for such a big venue".

Then it just dawned on me.  That stage is not given to you unless you earn it.  By god the boys have earned it!  I can remember seeing them play at the Exit In a few days after Bonnaroo.  I just had that feeling that something really special was happening here.  Once Z came out I knew that MMJ was going to big!  Way bigger than I could have ever imagined.

Here we are in 2008 and they are going to be (in the the process of becoming) THE NEXT BIG THING....

As a fan I want to be able to return to the Exit In and see them on such a small stage.  Instead I may have to see them at large outdoor pavilions or big shitty places like MSG (sorry but it really does not have the best sound for a rock and roll concert IMO)

I say congrats to My Morning Jacket!  These men have worked very hard to get to where they are today.  It is an honor to be asked to headline MSG.  We as fans should be super proud of them.

AMightyCaporal

i also wondered if MMJ could sell enough tickets for MSG (i had yet to see them live). Then, during several songs at RCMH i thought "this band is so ready for MSG" not only that but i thought "if the world only knew.... MSG could totally be sold out"
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

Bigsky

Quotebig shitty places like MSG (sorry but it really does not have the best sound for a rock and roll concert IMO)

It's arena rock...you don't go there for the sound quality, but for the experience. MSG is one of the sweetest arenas to see a concert, right in NYC.

EgoTesticle

Quotebig shitty places like MSG (sorry but it really does not have the best sound for a rock and roll concert IMO)

It's arena rock...you don't go there for the sound quality, but for the experience. MSG is one of the sweetest arenas to see a concert, right in NYC.

You want sound quality go to Carnegie Hall

You want your balls spackled to your ass cheeks you go to Madison Motherfucking Square Garden.

harpua51

You want sound quality go to Carnegie Hall

You want your balls spackled to your ass cheeks you go to Madison Motherfucking Square Garden.

I see your point people.....I guess a part of me wants to be selfish and keep seeing MMJ at the Palace, Fox, Ryman.....Wiltern......etc...