8/19 COUNCIL BLUFFS, IA

Started by mother_earth, Aug 20, 2008, 12:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nattylight

Rileserson

QuoteHere is the lesson people.  

If you don't want two songs crossed off of your setlist, pass the word around for everyone to SHOW UP ON TIME!!!!!!

It cost me a Cobra and a War Begun in KC.

I don't think that was the case here.  The venue was set up as such that I think they were waiting for the sun to go down a bit before they started, or it would have been blazing directly in their eyes.  They came on as soon as it kind of ducked behind the fence at the top of the bowl.    

BH

If you don't want two songs crossed off of your setlist, pass the word around for everyone to SHOW UP ON TIME!!!!!!

I don't think that was the case here.  The venue was set up as such that I think they were waiting for the sun to go down a bit before they started, or it would have been blazing directly in their eyes.  They came on as soon as it kind of ducked behind the fence at the top of the bowl.    

You are probably right.  I really don't know what I'm talking about.  It just seems weird that two nights in a row they have crossed off two songs.   Maybe they just kind of see how things flow and how they are feeling.  They are only human.   Again, I was pretty much pulling shit out of my ass here.   But just to be safe, get there on time! :)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

vespachick

You are probably right.  I really don't know what I'm talking about.  It just seems weird that two nights in a row they have crossed off two songs.   Maybe they just kind of see how things flow and how they are feeling.  They are only human.   Again, I was pretty much pulling shit out of my ass here.   But just to be safe, get there on time! :)

BH, just stop your bellyaching and get yer self to MSG on NYE.  You'll get yer Cobra!!!  (Didja hear?  I'm going to NYE!!!!! :D)
[size=8]Sorry, I'm a little bit excited about this recent development.[/size]
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

BH

BH, just stop your bellyaching and get yer self to MSG on NYE.  You'll get yer Cobra!!!  (Didja hear?  I'm going to NYE!!!!! :D)

Nice!  You suck!   My wife's sister just moved there for her first job as a lighting person for CNN so I may just have to back my way in to a NYE visit.   "Honey, let's go visit your sister! :)"   six days later......  "Oh what do you know, MMJ is playing that night.  What a coincidence!"

(How's that for devious? ;))
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

vespachick

Nice!  You suck!   My wife's sister just moved there for her first job as a lighting person for CNN so I may just have to back my way in to a NYE visit.   "Honey, let's go visit your sister! :)"   six days later......  "Oh what do you know, MMJ is playing that night.  What a coincidence!"

(How's that for devious? ;))

Super plan!  I'll chip in for the babies-sitter and we can all welcome 2009 in grand style!! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=evil.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

ms. yvon

YES!  i'm for at least ten bucks on the baby sitter!  

vespa:  FUCK YES!  glad to hear you'll be making the trip!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

dickiecrickets

Hi.  I'm new.  Long time super fan.  Show was great.  Crowd was decent.  Scary moment during Touch Me pt.2 before the encore break during the wall of sound climax, the speaker to the right of the stage started to go crazy with crackling feedback noise.  I thought the damn thing was going to explode.  The real shame was that they had to end the song about two "WAHHHHH"s short. Banter was top notch, and the version of Dondante was like nothing I have heard.(Jim took off on a jam of his own twisting the tuning nobs on the ringing note, and then dropping it down to a drop D or to a death metal Crunch and marching around the stage.  By the time Carl came in on the saxophone the song wasn't the same so neither was the sax solo.) Did some awesome soul recorded this show?  I have my doubts, didn't see anyone.  But I want to hear that Dondante again.  Hello.