MMJ in the Nation's Capital

Started by YouAre_GivenToFly, Aug 22, 2008, 10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouAre_GivenToFly

So... who's heading up/down/over to DC for the show on Sepember 3?

The venue looks pretty awesome, being a historic building and all, and only a block or so away from the White House. That being said, I've read some not so favorable reviews about their policies (ie: no drinks at your seats, policy of maintaining a seated position).

Well, all that means is that we'll drink before the show, and I don't think I physically can sit down during an MMJ show.

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

tdogjuwan

The venue's not great. but MMJ will still rock it! I'll be there.

j_rud

Im real worried about the venue. Bunch of reviews I read said the ushers actually try to keep you seated. That wont fly...not one bit...
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

jimmyjames

YouAre_GivenToFly

I'll be wearing this then, just to piss off the people behind me

j_rud

QuoteI'll be wearing this then, just to piss off the people behind me
Kinda matches the Phillies shirt. Im lookin' to rock one of these, myself...

j_rud

Wow, thats a massive picture...sorry lol

YouAre_GivenToFly

QuoteWow, thats a massive picture...sorry lol

You got a permit for a hat that big?

j_rud

QuoteWow, thats a massive picture...sorry lol

You got a permit for a hat that big?
You see the badge? I dont need no stinkin' permit...

Ruckus

Saw Oysterhead 'bout 7 years ago there.  It's a beautiful venue but the acoustics left something to be desired.  Hopefully they won't keep the volume down too much.  As for the ushers, well they can't keep 4000 people seated at once can they!!?? :D
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

easy way

Ah!!! I was at that Oysterhead show. Man, I'd like to see those guys again. That project was too short lived IMO.

"the grand pecking order"!  :D
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

Love Dogg

QuoteI'll be wearing this then, just to piss off the people behind me
Kinda matches the Phillies shirt. Im lookin' to rock one of these, myself...

A big hat or a set of dentures?  
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

CTdeadhead

I'll be there 3rd row center, just try to keep me seated!!

slimsloslider

i'll be in the eleventh row. i've never had any issues with the ushers trying to keep the crowd seated when i've been there for ween and morissey and neil young.  the sound can be a little shitty though. i've never to this bar before, but i was gonna grab a pre-show drink at a place across from the white house called "off the record." it doesnt look like a type of place a concert-goer would drink in, but it couldn't be more appropriately named

Ruckus

Quotei'll be in the eleventh row. i've never had any issues with the ushers trying to keep the crowd seated when i've been there for ween and morissey and neil young.  the sound can be a little shitty though. i've never to this bar before, but i was gonna grab a pre-show drink at a place across from the white house called "off the record." it doesnt look like a type of place a concert-goer would drink in, but it couldn't be more appropriately named

7th row outside aisle, JJames side.  Have fun at "Off the Record".  Looks like a rocker's dream! ;)

j_rud

Quotei'll be in the eleventh row. i've never had any issues with the ushers trying to keep the crowd seated when i've been there for ween and morissey and neil young.  the sound can be a little shitty though. i've never to this bar before, but i was gonna grab a pre-show drink at a place across from the white house called "off the record." it doesnt look like a type of place a concert-goer would drink in, but it couldn't be more appropriately named

7th row outside aisle, JJames side.  Have fun at "Off the Record".  Looks like a rocker's dream! ;)
Which rocker, Liberace?

Ruckus

Which rocker, Liberace?

Ha!  Yeah, I'm gonna roll in with my jean shorts and my Run Thru my Peanut Butter Pudding Surprise tank top.  I think they'll serve me immediately.  Hope it's OK that I won't have a coat to have them hold for me.

tdogjuwan

I'm thinking War Begun has to be played in the Nation's Capital. only a couple of blocks from the White House. It is now in the rotation on this tour.

Ruckus

QuoteI'm thinking War Begun has to be played in the Nation's Capital. only a couple of blocks from the White House. It is now in the rotation on this tour.

While they're at it, might as well chuck in Rocket Man :-X

Sassbox

Venue is beautiful, but no drinks at your seats and the ushers have, in fact, tried to keep people seated at prior shows (not to mention the jerkbag who yelled at me to sit down during Neil Young's encore last year).  DC is full of duds.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.