MMJ in the Nation's Capital

Started by YouAre_GivenToFly, Aug 22, 2008, 10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouAre_GivenToFly

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Sassbox

Any thoughts as to whether we'll get an abbreviated setlist like they saw in Miami?  I haven't checked the shows since Miami, but we got 28 or 29 at the four shows I've seen since Nashville.

If you see someone rocking an eye patch, that's me.  I have a massive stye (blech!) and I'm afraid they'll make me buy a ticket for it if I don't cover it up!
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

brkndwnbus

I think I'll rock my Ryan Adams shirt with the huge rose on the front and tour dates from last fall on the back, in case anyone wants to say 'hello.' I'll also be at the Philly show.

YouAre_GivenToFly

I'll be wearing a Phillies shirt of some sort as usual, probably not the infamous blue one. Maybe the 2007 division champs one, to rub it in the face of any Nats fans that will be in attendance. Come on guys, only 24 games back!

Sassbox

C'mon, somebody else wear an eye patch for solidarity...and sympathy.  :'(

YouAre_GivenToFly

QuoteC'mon, somebody else wear an eye patch for solidarity...and sympathy.  :'(

dress like a pirate and make it a costume... or class up the joint with this...

Salacious D

QuoteAny thoughts as to whether we'll get an abbreviated setlist like they saw in Miami?  I haven't checked the shows since Miami, but we got 28 or 29 at the four shows I've seen since Nashville.

If you see someone rocking an eye patch, that's me.  I have a massive stye (blech!) and I'm afraid they'll make me buy a ticket for it if I don't cover it up!
That's too funny, Sass. The last time I saw MMJ (Bonnaroo) I had just *stopped* wearing my eye patch (I got a gnarly piece of rust in my eye while working on the bus).
Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover-el chode

CTdeadhead

my plane leaves at 11 am tomorrow, cant wait for the show 3rd row center woohoo!!

j_rud

No bar at this place...dont imagine them being smoke friendly lol
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

slimsloslider

the drinkins to be done on the outskirts. there's a bar downstairs, a couple others around the periphery, but nothing's 'loud at yr seat. its iffy in that sense, but against all odds, the jacket will prevail

Sassbox

QuoteAny thoughts as to whether we'll get an abbreviated setlist like they saw in Miami?  I haven't checked the shows since Miami, but we got 28 or 29 at the four shows I've seen since Nashville.

That's too funny, Sass. The last time I saw MMJ (Bonnaroo) I had just *stopped* wearing my eye patch (I got a gnarly piece of rust in my eye while working on the bus).

Damn.  I should have posted earlier...I could have borrowed yours.  Mayhap that's not so sanitary...

j_rud

11:30-Take off from work
1:00- Lunch in Baltimore
2:30-Arrive in DC, see the sights
5:00-Social lubrication
8:00-Rock the hell out
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

RIGHTON

Constitution Hall is without a doubt the worst venue in Washington DC.

Its inconvenient to the metro, bars, parking, no drinks at seats, sound sucks, ushers suck.

And, it's not beautiful. Its an assembly hall.

That being said, everybody is having drinks at a bar called "The bottom line" on 17th & I sts. NW (right across the street from the Farragut West metro) starting at 5:00

NoVa_NoLa

7th row outside aisle, JJames side.  Have fun at "Off the Record".  Looks like a rocker's dream! ;)

Uh-oh...how tall are you?  

I'm in row 6 on the aisle on JJ's side and rather tall without additional head gear.

Jane

Where can we park? I'm driving from Maryland and scared shitless about driving in DC.

YouAre_GivenToFly

QuoteWhere can we park? I'm driving from Maryland and scared shitless about driving in DC.

As you should be.

The venue seems to be in a business district so parking garages and on street shouldn't be too hard to find.

RIGHTON

Why are you afraid of driving in DC?

Get there early and there will be plenty of street parking.

slimsloslider

QuoteConstitution Hall is without a doubt the worst venue in Washington DC.

Its inconvenient to the metro, bars, parking, no drinks at seats, sound sucks, ushers suck.

And, it's not beautiful. Its an assembly hall.

That being said, everybody is having drinks at a bar called "The bottom line" on 17th & I sts. NW (right across the street from the Farragut West metro) starting at 5:00

righton, you couldn't be more correct. i would almost prefer to see them play at the verizon center, but when life gives you lemons...

see you there.

barnylee

Is there an easy way to find setlists for MMJ? They come on a 8pm? How long do they usually run? Will they do things differently since they're playing at what everyone seems to say is a lousy venue?

-Still pumped for the show either way!

RIGHTON

QuoteIs there an easy way to find setlists for MMJ? They come on a 8pm? How long do they usually run? Will they do things differently since they're playing at what everyone seems to say is a lousy venue?

-Still pumped for the show either way!

There is a link to their setlist archive at the top of the "The Shows" page

They'll come on at 8, play for close to 2 hours including encore

They've been mixing up setlists a little here and there this tour but if you see any setlist from so far this tour, thats kind of what you should be expecting

Althought the venue may be lousy in my opinion it is still very historic, add that to being 200 yards from the White House..... they're going to tear the roof off the place.