Main Menu

Started by ali, Sep 05, 2008, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ali

not sure what the word on the street for you guys is, but i read in the paper here today - neil young is touring here january 2009, playing the big day out... he's playing a separate show just after australia day...

WITH MMJ as support

which means...... yay, i finally get to see the boys live!!! (and neil young, as an added bonus!)

happiness is!
love a song for the way it makes you feel

j_rud

Thats an INSANE show, very cool that you're going to get to see MMJ. We're getting Wilco and Neil Young at a few dates. I consider myself very lucky that one of those dates is in my town.
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

Erik26

We do not get a cool opener like Wilco or MMJ. And I live in Canada where he sells out arenas in minutes. Damn those would be good shows.
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

Witness MMJ

Ali,
   Can I ask what paper that was in ?

Thanks

axround3r

Neil fucken Young and MMJ at philly next year?!

Count me in

teflondon

Oh if they come, i shall be there.

Matt D

This Aus/NZ January tour sounds very exciting! Thus far, according to a bunch of Aussie and Kiwi websites, NY confirmed for Big Day Out headliner in Aus and NZ, plus three Aus gigs with MMJ (for which tickets go on sale this Friday through ticketmaster). Pretty good chance MMJ will do Big Day Out as well, but would prefer to see one of the stand alone gigs (unless more NZ dates, Melbourne is the goer for me), and hopefully the Jacket will headline a show or two or their own too.
My fav band and my fav all time musician on the same bill, seeing them for the first time ... unbelievable!

weeniebeenie

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)
How loud can silence get?

ali

it was in the EG section of the age last friday... i'll see if i can find a link on the net somewhere. they usually have a rumours section re touring, so it was mentioned in there

let's see a. how excited i can get about FINALLY getting to see the boys
and b. how many shows i can see....

;)
love a song for the way it makes you feel

weeniebeenie

let's see a. how excited i can get about FINALLY getting to see the boys
and b. how many shows i can see....

;)
Well playing with Neil Young is one, Big Day Out is two and side shows??????? The possibilities are endless...
How loud can silence get?

alexzbik

i can not wait for the Neil Young/Wilco show at the Spectrum in Dec.
Stolen as the war begun, this time your soul is my one.

gundy

that is too cool for school! that is just too much good music at one time! Finally at 3 stars... holy cow!

gundy

DavidCrosby

QuoteThats an INSANE show, very cool that you're going to get to see MMJ. We're getting Wilco and Neil Young at a few dates. I consider myself very lucky that one of those dates is in my town.

...and I thought that you couldn't beat that, but MMJ opening for Neil owns Wilco, in my opinion...
listen to vinyl

ms. yvon

no need for competition here.  both of those bills are stellar!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."