Jeff Coffin joining MMJ on NYE

Started by alexzbik, Dec 29, 2008, 10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexzbik

Got an e-mail from my buddy Dan that Coffin is sitting in. He did a great job this summer at Roo.  Bernstein & Coffin should be quite the duo. Can't wait to see what others suprises they have planned.
Stolen as the war begun, this time your soul is my one.

j_rud

Hey Alex, whats up? I wonder if any city travels for MMJ more than Philly?
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

alexzbik

what up j_rud? Philly certainly loves MMJ. Is it wednesday yet?
Stolen as the war begun, this time your soul is my one.

Bigsky

You know it's going to be funky

8-)

DirtyJerzee

I was just about to post this. Kinda funny...I was talking about him tonight with my gf hoping he might pop up for the show. I am stoked now!

http://www.jambands.com/News.phtml?newsfile=redesign_news397.html#12-29-31

QuoteJeff Coffin To Join DMB, Sit in with UM, MMJ

Jeff Coffin has confirmed that will join Dave Matthews Band in 2009. The Flecktones saxophonist started subbing for an injured LeRoi Moore this past June and has been in talks with the group's management about signing on in a more official capacity since Moore's death this past August. In a message posted on his site, Coffin says:

There have been many people asking and, yes, I will be joining Dave Mattews Band starting in 2009. I am honored to be asked to be part of such a fantastic group of musicians and people and am looking forward to making some great music! Thanks to all the many for their support and encouragement. See you out there.

Coffin will perform with Umphrey's McGee at Chicago's Auditorium Theatre this evening. He will also sit in with My Morning Jacket at New York's Madison Square Garden on New Year's eve. As some readers may remember, Coffin was part of the horn section My Morning Jacket employed for its four-hour performance at Bonnaroo. Sex Mob's Steve Bernstein will also be a part of My Morning Jacket's horn New Year's Eve horn section.

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...

NoVa_NoLa

Ghosts_on_TV

I saw coffin once play two saxes at once with the flecktones...it was badass.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

lasvegas

it would be pretty badass if they brought out futureman also, and he and patrick had a dueling 'drums' battle...

this guy is down with coffin. nice.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?