MMJ- The Hardest-Working Band in Rock

Started by The_DARK, Mar 14, 2007, 09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

MMJ never "take a break." They are always working in some way or another, whether it's touring, recording, or simply writing songs, they just never slow down. Look at the back of the t-shirts. Most bands don't even have don't do half that many shows on a tour, or have shows that close together. And most bands don't play setlists that long. MMJ play every show like it's their last one, being recorded as a DVD. They shake up the setlists every show. MMJ bring new meaning to the word "tour."

They have released 4 LPs in 6 years. That may seem normal, but it doesn't include the countless EPs, soundtrack appearences, demos, b-sides, covers, and live releases. Not to mention those albums are absolute masterpieces. Even with only 4 albums, MMJ have built up a catalogue that most bands hope to have after 25 years. And they rock out on every song.

I think the band spoils us. Agree? Disagree?
In another time, in another place, in another face

ManNamedTruth

QuoteMMJ never "take a break." They are always working in some way or another, whether it's touring, recording, or simply writing songs, they just never slow down. Look at the back of the t-shirts. Most bands don't even have don't do half that many shows on a tour, or have shows that close together. And most bands don't play setlists that long. MMJ play every show like it's their last one, being recorded as a DVD. They shake up the setlists every show. MMJ bring new meaning to the word "tour."

They have released 4 LPs in 6 years. That may seem normal, but it doesn't include the countless EPs, soundtrack appearences, demos, b-sides, covers, and live releases. Not to mention those albums are absolute masterpieces. Even with only 4 albums, MMJ have built up a catalogue that most bands hope to have after 25 years. And they rock out on every song.

I think the band spoils us. Agree? Disagree?
I totally agree but i just hope that they don't get burned out. Look what happened to Cash and Quaid. Although I'm sure that Bo and Carl knew what they would be getting into.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

The DARK

I think the band is more comfortable than ever right now. The Jim/Tommy/Patrick/Carl/Bo lineup will probably last awhile.
In another time, in another place, in another face

TEO

I KNOW I am spoiled. After seeing them perform live, I sometimes watch other bands and they just seem to be going through the motions.   ;)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary