"Dress to tha nines" for NYE

Started by NoVa_NoLa, Nov 26, 2008, 04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_wizzard

I couldn't beat the $10 special  ;)
but I hear you penny about a little lift.  Unfortunately, at 5'1", I would have to perch on these suckers to even see the band (I'm used to it  :-/ :-[ :P >:():

p.s. I am pretty sure I would hurt myself  ;D

NoVa_NoLa

QuoteSo much for dressing as peanut butter, pudding, or surprise.  ;)  

Gotta find something to wear that's easily modifiable so that I can look presentable at the MMJ show and not look out of place at the aftershow.   Though hopefully, by 2 am most folks will not really be able to judge presentable or out of place. :D
you should have seen us arriving to a house party after NYE 2006  ;D ;D ;D
People were thoroughly confused as to why we looked like we rolled out of Little House on The Prairie!

I can definitely see that happening...  ;D  

NoVa_NoLa

shoes...arghhh...thinking about bejeweling a pair of sneakers.  Gotta be able to jump up and down with out falling over or hurting my toes.   ;D   as for the dress, i'm thinking pants...a dressy black pants suit.  going for warmth and utility.   :)

And, my tickets for the show arrived!!!  Where's the count down clock?

kydiddle

QuoteI couldn't beat the $10 special  ;)
but I hear you penny about a little lift.  Unfortunately, at 5'1", I would have to perch on these suckers to even see the band (I'm used to it  :-/ :-[ :P >:():

p.s. I am pretty sure I would hurt myself  ;D

I like the Old Navy flats! I am most likely going to skip heels since I'm so freaking tall (5'10) and I don't want to piss off the people behind me. I'll gladly give you some of my height...
Cow temperature.

kydiddle

Quoteshoes...arghhh...thinking about bejeweling a pair of sneakers.  Gotta be able to jump up and down with out falling over or hurting my toes.   ;D   as for the dress, i'm thinking pants...a dressy black pants suit.  going for warmth and utility.   :)

I have a countdown on my cube wall at work. We're coming into December tomorrow!!!

[size=20]CAN YOU FEEL IT??[/size]

Cow temperature.

Penny Lane

Quoteshoes...arghhh...thinking about bejeweling a pair of sneakers.  Gotta be able to jump up and down with out falling over or hurting my toes.   ;D   as for the dress, i'm thinking pants...a dressy black pants suit.  going for warmth and utility.   :)

I have a countdown on my cube wall at work. We're coming into December tomorrow!!!

i can! that's a good idea---i'm going to take down my football calendar and put up a NYE calendar.

yeah not sure i'm feeling the dress, too---i might have to dress to the nines in pants---jim is forgetting how cold it will be for those of us that don't have beards.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

the_wizzard

I actually have 2 outfits prepared.  Because I am torn on this issue.  Both are festive.  But the dress is fancier than the pant/sequin top combo.  I was thinking that I would wear tights/leggings with the dress and be able to take them off in the show.  I get very overheated when rocking out so I worry about being too warm.  The pant idea would be warmer outside....but maybe too hot inside?  What is the airflow like in MSG?  I got really overheated at the Seattle show and I had on jeans and a short sleeve top....but I was really comfortable at RCMH in a dress.

Ghostess on TV

Anyone know if they'll have a coat check?  I sure hope so.

ltstridor02

I wanted to wear a pirate outfit. Think I still might. Arrggghhhhh!

Penny Lane

QuoteAnyone know if they'll have a coat check?  I sure hope so.

that is a great question! i doubt it but that would be great. i'll try to find out tomorrow

Penny Lane

QuoteI actually have 2 outfits prepared.  Because I am torn on this issue.  Both are festive.  But the dress is fancier than the pant/sequin top combo.  I was thinking that I would wear tights/leggings with the dress and be able to take them off in the show.  I get very overheated when rocking out so I worry about being too warm.  The pant idea would be warmer outside....but maybe too hot inside?  What is the airflow like in MSG?  I got really overheated at the Seattle show and I had on jeans and a short sleeve top....but I was really comfortable at RCMH in a dress.

wizz leggings are a great idea ;-)

kydiddle

i can! that's a good idea---i'm going to take down my football calendar and put up a NYE calendar.

yeah not sure i'm feeling the dress, too---i might have to dress to the nines in pants---jim is forgetting how cold it will be for those of us that don't have beards.

Oh, to be a guy and not have to worry about these things. I don't see any of them posting on here with any concerns...

;D

Cow temperature.

kydiddle

QuoteI actually have 2 outfits prepared.  Because I am torn on this issue.  Both are festive.  But the dress is fancier than the pant/sequin top combo.  I was thinking that I would wear tights/leggings with the dress and be able to take them off in the show.  I get very overheated when rocking out so I worry about being too warm.  The pant idea would be warmer outside....but maybe too hot inside?  What is the airflow like in MSG?  I got really overheated at the Seattle show and I had on jeans and a short sleeve top....but I was really comfortable at RCMH in a dress.

Yeah, the cold outside/hot inside issue is key to the outfit. The leggings idea is a good one!
Cow temperature.

ALady

Per their FAQ, MSG doesn't have a coat check   :P  Man, that would've been ideal; I'd have checked my heels and changed into Chucks!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Ghostess on TV

That sucks... Now I'm probably not going to wear a coat.. I don't wanna be carrying it around.  Maybe if I was going to be in a seat that would be a different story... Jeez...It's gonna be cold.

BH

Maker's Mark makes for a badass coat.  Just layer it on, one after the other and you'll be running naked thru central park to cool down before the sun rises on 2009.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ghostess on TV

Yes I was thinking that, but I don't want to be too wasted for the show... want to be able to hang out afterward.. I'm probably going to make brownies though.. every time I saw MMJ, I had eaten brownies... haha gotta keep it going...  :D

Kenny76

I'm 6 foot 7.  Would it be outrageous if I wore a top hat?  And would it be outrageous in a good way or bad?  (I could, of course, take the hat off during the show.)

the_wizzard

QuoteThat sucks... Now I'm probably not going to wear a coat.. I don't wanna be carrying it around.  Maybe if I was going to be in a seat that would be a different story... Jeez...It's gonna be cold.
Buy something you don't care about.  I am thinking of hitting up the ole' army/navy store for some cheap, yet warm goods.  You can always find these for less than $30:

the_wizzard

Oh...and the key is to have a group, whether friends or strangers.  Then you start the coat pile.  Works everytime.