What ruined my time at NYE (a bummer)

Started by zoso7374, Jan 07, 2009, 04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kydiddle

I'm really sorry that happened, but welcome to the boards where people do nice things like this:

Quoteyou remember the black shawl thing hanging on the speaker all night (vespa tells me this is Pooch the bear's scarf) well the sound guy threw it to me after the show. i'd be glad to mail that to ya---i am not too into posters but i would have sent you mine had i not already sent it to the framer :-(

i feel for ya, man. if you PM me your address, i'll send you this from the stage. i'll show it to you in the pics, if you look on the speaker behind JJ, there is this black blanket thing w/flowers hanging on the speaker. it's yours if you want it --i know it doesn't make up for it, but you should have something from the show other than a hangover and poster theivery memories

That's very sweet of you Pennylane.  :)
Cow temperature.

Salacious D

QuoteI'm really sorry that happened, but welcome to the boards where people do nice things like this:

Quoteyou remember the black shawl thing hanging on the speaker all night (vespa tells me this is Pooch the bear's scarf) well the sound guy threw it to me after the show. i'd be glad to mail that to ya---i am not too into posters but i would have sent you mine had i not already sent it to the framer :-(

i feel for ya, man. if you PM me your address, i'll send you this from the stage. i'll show it to you in the pics, if you look on the speaker behind JJ, there is this black blanket thing w/flowers hanging on the speaker. it's yours if you want it --i know it doesn't make up for it, but you should have something from the show other than a hangover and poster theivery memories

I freaking love this board.
Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover-el chode

Sassbox

Seriously.  What a magnanimous gesture!
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

jackthelad

Okay zoso i may be in a position to help. First off you were in one of the best cities in the world at one of the greatest arenas watching one of the greatest live bands with an obviously very cool girl.  I was also there (i know i'm Captain obvious) with my girlfriend and i purchased the same poster. I'm huge into pearl jam and never quite got the whole poster craziness, I've been to 19 PJ shows and have exactly one poster.  I bought the mmj nye poster because it was such a special event.  I grew up in Philadelphia and have been the victim of theft several times.  Anyway I exited NJT at Hamilton, our car was empty except for times square pukers and an mmj poster on the luggage rack with no one sitting near it.  I grabbed it and have been watching this board all week waiting to see if the owner would possibly surface. Dont know if its yours or not. 3 questions  What train were you on (timewise), describe the bag, and if possible to you remember your # out of 450.  If your answers match up I'll happily mail it to you.  Mine is currently being framed with mine and my girlfriends ticket, and if this is yours you deserve it back.  I read your post three hours ago and tried to log on, however i could not remember my log on info, so i re-regestered with my girlfriend(soon to be fiancee/wife) email!!!  By the way she is six months pregnant and insisted on going last week (we weren't in the pit) and had a blast, I'd say she's a keeper eh?  anyway enuff of me prattling on. answer those ?'s and lets sort this out.   jk

Kenny76

if the poster jack found turns out to be zoso's poster, then I swear this board might have the ability to cure cancer.

Sassbox

AMightyCaporal

QuoteI'm really sorry that happened, but welcome to the boards where people do nice things like this:

I freaking love this board.

unbelievable! penny you are a classy lady!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

zoso7374

Wow.  What an amazing crew.

So first of all, I saw the pics of that scarf thingy, and that is a super super cool keepsake.  But I also believe that the found poster is mine.  I was on the 1:41 Train from Penn Station, arriving in New Brunswick around 2:38ish??  The poster was just in whatever bag they gave me at the Garden, and honest to god I have no idea what number it was, but as I recall it was not rubber banded or tubed or anything.  My GF and I were sitting on the left side of the train (facing the front), but as I said, when I got off, it was not in the rack.  Do you think it is possible one of the drunkards took it and then put it back?  Jack I am pretty sure that is my poster . . . and Penny, that is a really cool thing that you tried to do, and I would be more than happy to have it, but I feel funny taking back a poster AND the scarf.  What does the board think I should do?

I have to say, this is one VERY cool way to be introduced to you guys.  I am so blown away.  I need to come to the next get-together.  I said in my original post to throw me some good vibes, and that you did.  

AMightyCaporal

QuoteWow.  What an amazing crew.

So first of all, I saw the pics of that scarf thingy, and that is a super super cool keepsake.  But I also believe that the found poster is mine.  I was on the 1:41 Train from Penn Station, arriving in New Brunswick around 2:38ish??  The poster was just in whatever bag they gave me at the Garden, and honest to god I have no idea what number it was, but as I recall it was not rubber banded or tubed or anything.  My GF and I were sitting on the left side of the train (facing the front), but as I said, when I got off, it was not in the rack.  Do you think it is possible one of the drunkards took it and then put it back?  Jack I am pretty sure that is my poster . . . and Penny, that is a really cool thing that you tried to do, and I would be more than happy to have it, but I feel funny taking back a poster AND the scarf.  What does the board think I should do?

I have to say, this is one VERY cool way to be introduced to you guys.  I am so blown away.  I need to come to the next get-together.  I said in my original post to throw me some good vibes, and that you did.  

personally, as awesome as the scarf would be- I wouldn't want to take that from Penny- unless you're looking to create an unbreakable bond with Ms. Lane- although... spending NYE the way you did, you just created an unbreakable bond with thousands and thousands of people!  I would take the poster- its a hell of a story.  I was on that train also- across from the Sorority girls talking nonsense and the other group of girls with their friend who threw up on herself.  Got off at New Brunswick as well.
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

Apeskies

Madness!!

I hope you get it back somehow. =) I wish I could have been in attendance, damnit. =((

jackthelad

Ding ding ding we have a winner.  I was on the 1:40 train, it was in the white plastic bag they were putting them in and it had no rubber band, the number thing is immaterial. Pm ur address and i will mail it on friday.   My girl thinks that one of the young crew who were throwing up all over our train put it there, i didnt notice, but they clearly werent mmj fans (our car was really disgusting seriously with at least 5-6 people, for lack of a better word, being noisy and puking)  Glad I could help brother, again send me the pm and ur lovely poster will be on its way to its rightful owner :) :) :)  jack

Sassbox

I don't know who you are, but I'm going to hug you the next time I see you.

AMightyCaporal

QuoteI don't know who you are, but I'm going to hug you the next time I see you.

i'm in on that too! lets make this a group hug

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteDing ding ding we have a winner.  I was on the 1:40 train, it was in the white plastic bag they were putting them in and it had no rubber band, the number thing is immaterial. Pm ur address and i will mail it on friday.   My girl thinks that one of the young crew who were throwing up all over our train put it there, i didnt notice, but they clearly werent mmj fans (our car was really disgusting seriously with at least 5-6 people, for lack of a better word, being noisy and puking)  Glad I could help brother, again send me the pm and ur lovely poster will be on its way to its rightful owner :) :) :)  jack

Pretty cool dude.  8-) :)
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

zoso7374

QuoteDing ding ding we have a winner.  I was on the 1:40 train, it was in the white plastic bag they were putting them in and it had no rubber band, the number thing is immaterial. Pm ur address and i will mail it on friday.   My girl thinks that one of the young crew who were throwing up all over our train put it there, i didnt notice, but they clearly werent mmj fans (our car was really disgusting seriously with at least 5-6 people, for lack of a better word, being noisy and puking)  Glad I could help brother, again send me the pm and ur lovely poster will be on its way to its rightful owner :) :) :)  jack

jack I sent you a PM, but I just wanted to say thanks again to all of you.  I hope to make myself more known around here, and thank you all for being such good people.  What a crazy story I have to add to my NYE experience.  I started this day super bummed out, and now at 11:54PM, I am pysched . . . GREAT stuff.  Thank you all so much for your efforts and kindness.

Ghosts_on_TV

jack I sent you a PM, but I just wanted to say thanks again to all of you.  I hope to make myself more known around here, and thank you all for being such good people.  What a crazy story I have to add to my NYE experience.  I started this day super bummed out, and now at 11:54PM, I am pysched . . . GREAT stuff.  Thank you all so much for your efforts and kindness.

You should stick around, people here are super rad. The Jacket has the best fans ever, for realz. ALso, judging by your screen name, I bet you were bummed they didn't follow through with the whole zepplin thing. They couldn't have soundchecked the lemon song in Philly for nothing. :-?

Ghosts_on_TV

Come to think of it, I'm kinda bummed they didn't play The Lemon Song.   That would have been badass.

AMightyCaporal

You should stick around, people here are super rad. The Jacket has the best fans ever, for realz. ALso, judging by your screen name, I bet you were bummed they didn't follow through with the whole zepplin thing. They couldn't have soundchecked the lemon song in Philly for nothing. :-?

I just gotta say- I've admired you're picture for a long time now- in fact, I think its safe to say that I love it.  I never not smile or laugh when it.

Ghosts_on_TV

I just gotta say- I've admired you're picture for a long time now- in fact, I think its safe to say that I love it.  I never not smile or laugh when it.

Ah yes, the mighty Van Damn. I'll probably never change it. If I do I'm changing it to this though...

But I doubt I will.  8-)

Sassbox

HAHAHA.  When I lived in Philly (80s), my friend made me take half a personal day to go down somewhere around Penn's Landing to see Van Damme.  Good grief, I cannot believe I ever agreed to that noise.