What ruined my time at NYE (a bummer)

Started by zoso7374, Jan 07, 2009, 04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AMightyCaporal

QuoteDing ding ding we have a winner.  I was on the 1:40 train, it was in the white plastic bag they were putting them in and it had no rubber band, the number thing is immaterial. Pm ur address and i will mail it on friday.   My girl thinks that one of the young crew who were throwing up all over our train put it there, i didnt notice, but they clearly werent mmj fans (our car was really disgusting seriously with at least 5-6 people, for lack of a better word, being noisy and puking)  Glad I could help brother, again send me the pm and ur lovely poster will be on its way to its rightful owner :) :) :)  jack

jack I sent you a PM, but I just wanted to say thanks again to all of you.  I hope to make myself more known around here, and thank you all for being such good people.  What a crazy story I have to add to my NYE experience.  I started this day super bummed out, and now at 11:54PM, I am pysched . . . GREAT stuff.  Thank you all so much for your efforts and kindness.

You should stick around, people here are super rad. The Jacket has the best fans ever, for realz. ALso, judging by your screen name, I bet you were bummed they didn't follow through with the whole zepplin thing. They couldn't have soundchecked the lemon song in Philly for nothing. :-?

I just gotta say- I've admired you're picture for a long time now- in fact, I think its safe to say that I love it.  I never not smile or laugh when it.

Ah yes, the mighty Van Damn. I'll probably never change it. If I do I'm changing it to this though...

But I doubt I will.  8-)

oh my god! love JCVD... how dare those fools get in the shot, no one breaks the line of sight between van damn and the camera and lives to tell the tale
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

dragonboy

Seriously, what a heart warming story  :)

Pleased you're getting your poster back Zoso, Jack The Lad - you're f**king the man!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

MarkW

Wow.  I love this board - poster and owner reunited, and Penny gets to keep her scarf!

As an aside, that train sounded like a real vomit comet.  I'm surprised anyone (or anything) made it off unscathed.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

TheBigChicken

New Years 1996 at the Fillmore they were giving the posters away...
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Kenny76

I've learned two things today:

This board rocks the universe.

Never take a train thru New Jersey.

el_chode

QuoteI've learned two things today:

NJT at night is almost as bad as a NYC subway. I took it back from MSG to New Brunswick back when MMJ had to cancel that show in '06 on NYE (with Trey and the Crowes). We had to change cars twice because people kept puking and a lot of Newark folk kept causing problems with the drunk college kids a/k/a easy targets.

That night we also found someone's cell phone and went out of our way to return it without so much as a thank you. The douchebags acted like we owed them this favor.
I'm surrounded by assholes

zoso7374

QuoteI've learned two things today:

Ha ha.  I take the train all the time, and it is awesome.  However, NYE is always a mess.  As I get older it gets less entertaining.  Coincidently when I took the train home from the MMJ Radio City show, I saw someone puke as well.  A few years ago, taking the last train out of Penn on NYE coming home from a Moe. show it was like a vommitorium.

Penny Lane

i'm glad we got to the bottom of this great poster caper, muppets! you are all awesome. It reminds me of vespa getting the set list and giving to ms yvon :-) so nice.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Kenny76

I took the "Path" back to Jersey City at 4am on NYE and fortunately everyone who needed to puke got it out of their system before boarding.  It was as crowded as the Boston subway after a Sox game but somehow I kept my precious Heineken top hat in tact.

Zoso, what an awesome story... I'm inspired to do a little dance in my cubicle now.  :D

and mega props to pennylane for offering the scarf (hadn't mentioned that yet)

zoso7374

QuoteI took the "Path" back to Jersey City at 4am on NYE and fortunately everyone who needed to puke got it out of their system before boarding.  It was as crowded as the Boston subway after a Sox game but somehow I kept my precious Heineken top hat in tact.

Zoso, what an awesome story... I'm inspired to do a little dance in my cubicle now.  :D

and mega props to pennylane for offering the scarf (hadn't mentioned that yet)

If the PATH train ride were longer, and with that much of a crowd, vommiting could be epic.  

I will never forget this week long saga, you all are awesome.

ALady

This is a freaking amazing story.  It's a Jacket miracle!

zoso, so happy you are reunited with your poster!
Jackthelad, I'm gonna have to start calling you JackTHEMAN.  You rock!
And penny, what a kind gesture.  Seriously, that's awesome.

Hurrah for the internets!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

fleabag

What a great outcome.  I was in the 2nd car of this train -- it was pretty empty by the time I got to Trenton.
...words only got in the way

zoso7374

QuoteWhat a great outcome.  I was in the 2nd car of this train -- it was pretty empty by the time I got to Trenton.

We should have had an MMJ fan only car.  THAT would have been fun.  Would have been much easier to sort out the poster saga, although I really can't complain, this is a much better story!

el_chode

BH

Holy crap, I read the first post and hadn't come back to read more until just now.   AMAZING!   Greatest thread evah!   I think if someone 20 years from now wanted to describe the MMJ show at MSG on NYE in 08/09, I would just make them read this thread!  Enough said!   Jacket fans can change the world!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

walterfredo

zoso7374

QuoteSo is your NYE still ruined?

Ha ha.  Absolutely not, I am ecstatic, and today just started listening to the NYE show.  It gives me chills.  The night is now flawless.

el_chode

I got a new ipod touch for xmas. 32 GB of music. no movies, no pictures, this represents about 1/3 of my entire music catalog that i could possibly put on this ipod. 32 GB of music, and all i listen to at work is the NYE show. On my second spin of the day right now.

My girlfriend makes fun of me because I'll also play it while shooting zombies on my xbox. Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover

8bobbyb

What an amazing story!  Everything always works out in the end.

Sparkle

Yay, what a happy ending!  :)

I haven't been round here long but you guys are all awesome... nice to know there are still some pretty good people out there  :)