22/1/09 The Metro, Sydney Australia

Started by alexcho, Jan 22, 2009, 08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexcho

Thank you My Morning Jacket, what a glorious racket!!!

Set List for those interested:
At Dawn
It Beats
Evil Urges
Touch Me Pt. 1
Off the Record
I'm Amazed
Way He Sings
Lowdown
Sec Walkin'
Golden
Thank You Too
Heartbreakin' Man
Mahgeetah
Laylow
Gideon
Librarian
Dondante
Smokin' from Shootin'
Touch Me Pt.2
Cobra Into-----
---Middle of Run Thru

Wordless Chorus
Highly Suspicious
Phone Went West
I Think I'm Going to Hell
Anytime
One Big Holiday

Cheers,
Alex Cho

searchinbig

"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Buckles

At Dawn
It Beats
Evil Urges
Touch Me Pt. 1
Off the Record
I'm Amazed
Way He Sings
Lowdown

Sec Walkin'
Golden
Thank You Too
Heartbreakin' Man
Mahgeetah
Laylow
Gideon
Librarian
Dondante
Smokin' from Shootin'
Touch Me Pt.2
Cobra Into-----
---Middle of Run Thru

Wordless Chorus
Highly Suspicious
Phone Went West
I Think I'm Going to Hell
Anytime
One Big Holiday

Holy shit, that setlist is AMAZING. The ones in bold are those I could only hope against hope to hear.. and Phone Went West?!? Wow. Sydney are so lucky!

I am now totally and feverishly amped for the gig at Billboard. If our setlist it is anything like the Sydney one... whoah.

ralph

That was absolutely stunning.  Staggered back to my hotel in a daze.

Nearly didnt get to Sydney.  Had a rather long delay at Brisbane and only got into town 1 hour before the gig started.  There were some nervous moments waiting to see if we had a plane or not.  I think I may have gone postal if I missed that show and saw what they played...

Highlights that come to mind at the moment:

Cobra into Run Thru
Heartbreakin' Man
Phoen Went West
The improv/jam at the end of Phone Went West!
ONE BIG HOLIDAY!!!!
In fact - The whole fucking thing from start to finish is a highlight.

Local pay TV channel filmed the entire set so some footage is bound to show up soon.

2 down - 6 to go!!!!

Time to go bed if I can get any sleep.
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

Cuff

just got back from the show and I am exhausted - it's not easy standing in one spot for 3+ hours

I enjoyed the show but thought the set was way too long. that's just my opinion, i'm sure the die hards will disagree with me.

Really enjoyed it beats 4 u, mahgeetah, wordless chorus, gideon and of course anytime/ OBH.

Triple J were filming so I'd say it'll be on jtv or something like that soon.

Again, good performance but 2:45 is a long set in a place where most of the crowd doesn't know the band that well.

Hinny

I feel like a fraud. I got the ticket on a whim, mostly because of persistent recommendations by people on my usual board. Know not a single song other than a couple of covers they've done. Without asking, I got handed this for basically being hyperactive at the front. Really looking forward to leaving the Sydney crowd behind for some more vitality in the European life.

I've got some homework to do- two more sets in the next 48 hours. Doubt I'd have the time to check the studio material.

The JJJ tv footage is gonna make me look shameful.

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

el_chode

Add this setlist to one of the other thousands of things in Australia that will most likely kill you
I'm surrounded by assholes

dragonboy

Quotejust got back from the show and I am exhausted - it's not easy standing in one spot for 3+ hours

I enjoyed the show but thought the set was way too long. that's just my opinion, i'm sure the die hards will disagree with me.

Really enjoyed it beats 4 u, mahgeetah, wordless chorus, gideon and of course anytime/ OBH.

Again, good performance but 2:45 is a long set in a place where most of the crowd doesn't know the band that well.
Fair enough...everyone's entitled to their opinion & all that but this dude is talking silly shit!

The Jacket know they won't be back for a while & want to give their fans in Oz the very best they can...& you're fucking complaining about the show being too long?!!

There I was thinking we might be lucky to get 1hr30mins or so for the headline shows in Oz/Japan, 2hrs if we're blessed but 2hrs45?!!

& the dude is fucking complaining?!!

[size=24]I Can't F**KING wait[/size]  to see the boys 2 weeks from today & will be rejoicing, not complaining if they deliver a set anything like this!!!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

QuoteAdd this setlist to one of the other thousands of things in Australia that will most likely kill you
;D

goose

I can't believe you got "I Think I'm Going to Hell!"  That is Awesome.  Lucky crowd for that show.
Hooked on four like one, two, three

aMillionDreams

Quotejust got back from the show and I am exhausted - it's not easy standing in one spot for 3+ hours

aww, we feel so sorry for you.  You had to STAND for three hours and hear one of the best bands in the world.  Poor baby.  I'm guessing they also chained the doors so you couldn't leave.  Well, I guess they should have never forced you to buy that ticket in the first place.

Seriously, of all the things to complain about, the concert being too long is ridiculous.  Was the music too good for you, too?
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

BH

This is a little off topic, but I just wanted to tell you guys that I WON THE LOTTORY YESTERDAY!  How awesome is that!   The only thing that sucks about it, is that they gave me too much money.   500K would have been plenty, but they saddled me with an entire million.   Doesn't that suck?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

dragonboy

QuoteThis is a little off topic, but I just wanted to tell you guys that I WON THE LOTTORY YESTERDAY!  How awesome is that!
So does that mean you're really coming to Japan?!!  :D

at dawn

Cobra into middle of Run Thru??!?  That sounds awesome.  Great setlist....not long enough though. :)

Ruckus

[size=24]WOW!!!!![/size]

[size=11]How I would have loved to have been there!  Hey Cuff, you knew you were gonna get some crap for saying the setlist was too long, but you did acknowledge that others would be happy.  Next time, can I be your proxy when you get tired.  That just looked like an amazing show and I would have happily grinded out the exhausting middle part of the show[/size]

Signed,

Jealous of Sydneyians
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

BH

QuoteThis is a little off topic, but I just wanted to tell you guys that I WON THE LOTTORY YESTERDAY!  How awesome is that!
So does that mean you're really coming to Japan?!!  :D

Shopping private jets as I type.... ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Cuff

Fair enough...everyone's entitled to their opinion & all that but this dude is talking silly shit!

The Jacket know they won't be back for a while & want to give their fans in Oz the very best they can...& you're fucking complaining about the show being too long?!!

There I was thinking we might be lucky to get 1hr30mins or so for the headline shows in Oz/Japan, 2hrs if we're blessed but 2hrs45?!!

& the dude is fucking complaining?!!

[size=24]I Can't F**KING wait[/size]  to see the boys 2 weeks from today & will be rejoicing, not complaining if they deliver a set anything like this!!!

yeah good on them for putting the effort into playing for so long, but when you only know some songs, which i imagine most of the crowd would have, it gets pretty boring, not to mention the drawn out ending to so many songs - jim play the last note for christ's sake!
so like i said the die hards will have a whinge because they're so protective of their precious band, but whatever, doesn't bother me.

oh and by the way, why did you write "fucking", and then feel the need to put "f**king" when you wrote in a larger size? just curious

BH

db is a big fucking elvis fan, so he just likes to see KING written by itself.