I am expecting tour dates

Started by ycartrob, Mar 01, 2009, 06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

I am expecting tour dates for late spring/summer to be announced any day now. I just feel it...   :)

Sassbox

Anyone think they'll reschedule European dates?  I'm jonesin' to eat frites, drink beer and see them in Brussels!
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

xmascriminal

QuoteAnyone think they'll reschedule European dates?  I'm jonesin' to eat frites, drink beer and see them in Brussels!

I think Europe will get dates before the US, and that's the way it should be.

mjkoehler

QuoteI am expecting tour dates for late spring/summer to be announced any day now. I just feel it...   :)
Do you also feel a St Louis show in your vibe there Tracy?

Ghostess on TV

If they do...I'm hoping to hear some Tennessee Fire and At Dawn !

Dillsnufus

i hope they announce a new live release dvd or cd. 8-)
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Janet

Would I be considered greedy if I want a live DVD, CD and U.S. tour?

In the words of Gordon Grekko:  Greed is good.

[smiley=evil.gif]

tomEisenbraun

QuoteAnyone think they'll reschedule European dates?  I'm jonesin' to eat frites, drink beer and see them in Brussels!

I think Europe will get dates before the US, and that's the way it should be.

Definitely agreed. They've got so much love over there and nothing on the books so far. Would love to see some late summer US touring, but Europe is definitely taking the precedent here. I want you guys to be a part of this beauty, too!
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

ycartrob

QuoteI am expecting tour dates for late spring/summer to be announced any day now. I just feel it...   :)
Do you also feel a St Louis show in your vibe there Tracy?

There's a river nearby, but not sure if it's the mighty Mississip. Perhaps it is, but a more southern destination. Memphis. The boys have never played Memphis; the home of rock and roll and gateway to (and from) the home of the blues, the Mississippi delta. Memphis...
I feel Memphis.

Penny Lane

i don't see dates at all. i see at least another year for a tour (aside from a few appearances here and there) Jim will tour w/MOF before they'll tour again
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

getinthevan

Quotei don't see dates at all. i see at least another year for a tour (aside from a few appearances here and there) Jim will tour w/MOF before they'll tour again

Now I'm curious, why do you think that?
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

xmascriminal

Quotei don't see dates at all. i see at least another year for a tour (aside from a few appearances here and there) Jim will tour w/MOF before they'll tour again

Well, Jim did say he wants to tour less constantly following his fall. And, as much as I'd love another show, I'd rather they spend their time recording the new album. I know I answered somebody else's question, but . . .

getinthevan

Well, Jim did say he wants to tour less constantly following his fall. And, as much as I'd love another show, I'd rather they spend their time recording the new album. I know I answered somebody else's question, but . . .

Ah, I missed that.  I've been out of the loop since the end of last year, did I miss anything else?
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

xmascriminal

Ah, I missed that.  I've been out of the loop since the end of last year, did I miss anything else?

Candles and Panties? If not, nothing really.

Penny Lane

i just don't think there's anything left to conquer w/this album at this time touring wise. they did RCMH, a hometown show, a 4 hour bonnaroo performance, a 4 hour NYE performance, a huge US tour, a stint on SNL, australia...  they are probably burnt out playing these songs and getting amped up for shows. you gotta regroup to come back even bigger and rejuvenate the creative juices; i just don't see the point in them playing any shows right now, i see them playing a couple of gigs this summer, but i see JJ branching out and doing a MOF tour, hitting some smaller venues; i could be wrong about all of this
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ycartrob

Candles and Panties? If not, nothing really.

no, no, no, you guys are on the wrong thread. This thread is about ME expecting tour dates coming up.

I am also wondering if Oxford, Mississippi (home of Ole Miss) might be on the radar. They have a great new venue there, The Lyric, where I'm seeing Andrew Bird play in March.

ycartrob

i just don't think there's anything left to conquer w/this album at this time touring wise. they did RCMH, a hometown show, a 4 hour bonnaroo performance, a 4 hour NYE performance, a huge US tour, a stint on SNL, australia...  they are probably burnt out playing these songs and getting amped up for shows. you gotta regroup to come back even bigger and rejuvenate the creative juices; i just don't see the point in them playing any shows right now, i see them playing a couple of gigs this summer, but i see JJ branching out and doing a MOF tour, hitting some smaller venues; i could be wrong about all of this

I don't know if you're right or wrong, but if they are "done" with the Evil Urges tour, that means the US leg was really only August and September (with a couple other shows spread out during October/December).

Not much of a "tour" for a Grammy nominated album.

Sassbox

I consider the tour having started with their performance at SXSW last March.  I don't know if that's technically correct (although I believe it's where they debuted Evil Urges), but that was my first MMJ show of '08, with the last (prior to NYE) being Milwaukee in November.  
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

ycartrob

QuoteI consider the tour having started with their performance at SXSW last March.  I don't know if that's technically correct (although I believe it's where they debuted Evil Urges), but that was my first MMJ show of '08, with the last (prior to NYE) being Milwaukee in November.  

I dunno, I always considered a tour to be more than 3 consecutive shows and you actually play more than 1 town   ;)

Paulie Walnuts

Pardon my ignorance.......what is MOF?
"A problem shared......is a problem two people have got."