I am expecting tour dates

Started by ycartrob, Mar 01, 2009, 06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InTheZone

QuotePardon my ignorance.......what is MOF?

monsters of folk - jim's side project with conor oberst and m. ward
god bless the usa

Sassbox

QuoteI consider the tour having started with their performance at SXSW last March.  I don't know if that's technically correct (although I believe it's where they debuted Evil Urges), but that was my first MMJ show of '08, with the last (prior to NYE) being Milwaukee in November.  

I dunno, I always considered a tour to be more than 3 consecutive shows and you actually play more than 1 town   ;)

Then I suppose by that definition you are correct!  But I'd hasten to add they played more than 50 shows in '08 supporting EU and I'm sure by some definitions, that qualifies as a tour.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

aMillionDreams

The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

ycartrob

Love Dogg

QuoteI'm not.

I am.

Oh shit...here we go.  :-X
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Vadie Stark

QuoteI am expecting tour dates for late spring/summer to be announced any day now. I just feel it...   :)
Do you also feel a St Louis show in your vibe there Tracy?

There's a river nearby, but not sure if it's the mighty Mississip. Perhaps it is, but a more southern destination. Memphis. The boys have never played Memphis; the home of rock and roll and gateway to (and from) the home of the blues, the Mississippi delta. Memphis...
I feel Memphis.

The band will embark on a Mississippi Riverboat Tour starting in St. Louis ending in New Orleans with shows at port cities and on board  :P
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

ycartrob

QuoteI am expecting tour dates for late spring/summer to be announced any day now. I just feel it...   :)
Do you also feel a St Louis show in your vibe there Tracy?

There's a river nearby, but not sure if it's the mighty Mississip. Perhaps it is, but a more southern destination. Memphis. The boys have never played Memphis; the home of rock and roll and gateway to (and from) the home of the blues, the Mississippi delta. Memphis...
I feel Memphis.

The band will embark on a Mississippi Riverboat Tour starting in St. Louis ending in New Orleans with shows at port cities and on board  :P

How cool would that be? You're waiting on shore for the band to arrive and around the bend you could hear ever so faintly, Patrick riding the high-hat for OBH and then the boat comes around the bend and they break in to it, you're on the shore, screaming with 10,000's of 1,000's of others as they pull up dock side, "Wakin' up feeeelin', goood and liimbeeeer...!!!"

Yes!  :)

and they could have chorus girls and a shoot out and a hanging and some gallavanting and various ruckuses and maybe Bo gets typhoid or Jim has to get a leg amputated or Brucee has some archaic tooth procedure where they medicate him with a jug that has XXX on it and the dentist has some huge, silver tooth-pullin' device (I mean HUGE!) and he is also the baker and the banker and the preacher and there's poker playing and people eating soup and a ragtime band someone has sex with a horse and shady lands sales and eat catfish and someone ends up missing and then mystery...  Huck Finn style ! and they'd have to cover Mississippi Queen.

Bumbeli

QuoteAnyone think they'll reschedule European dates?  I'm jonesin' to eat frites, drink beer and see them in Brussels!

I think Europe will get dates before the US, and that's the way it should be.

Definitely agreed. They've got so much love over there and nothing on the books so far. Would love to see some late summer US touring, but Europe is definitely taking the precedent here. I want you guys to be a part of this beauty, too!

I really want to see them this year, preferably more than once, so an extended european tour would be really nice. And the sooner the dates come, the better, I want something to look forward to.
Feelings hour, every tuesday morning.
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/bumbeli"]http://www.last.fm/user/bumbeli[/url]

wakebord

hate to say it but asking for more tour dates right now is being greedy.  the last thing i want is for the band to get burned out, sick of each other, etc.  They did a lot of great things over the past 12 months and i think they owe it to themselves to have a little down time, hopefully make a new record, work on side acts or just chill out.  the band does so much for us through their music that we need to understand when they want some down time.  

that said, i'd love to be able to see them live sooner than later, i just don't expect it.

capt. scotty

I dont see any dates being announced for the next few months. I wouldnt rule out them having a 15-20 date tour in the fall or something though.

I understand what youre saying penny, but if they dont tour this year, then the MOF album comes out in 2010, then the MOF do a tour to support that, we very well would likely not see an MMJ US tour until some point in 2011 - and that just doesnt seem to make much sense to me after how many new fans theyve attracted in the last 8 months.

Yes, they played a good bit of shows in 2008 to support EU, but another reason why I think its likely theyll have a tour start sometime in the latter 5 months of 2009 is now they wouldnt have to promote EU or be sure they play a lot of EU songs, and just play whatever they want. Thats how it works with most bands - you have the tour to support the new album, then a tour where anything goes  :D, and then you have another album come out and do the ole album tour again.

Call me Ms. Cleo
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

weeniebeenie

I think they'll make up the Europe dates.
How loud can silence get?

ycartrob

I am expecting tour dates for late spring/summer to be announced any day now. I just feel it...     :)

Bug

Sure would be nice to see them rollin' back to the Fabulous Fox Theatre. As well as an outdoor venue close to home this summer. Louisville sure was fun!

I'm sure Jim continues to heal from his fall. Psychologically and physically.

Bring on something. I would love to know if all are okay and if there is a new album on the horizon. Tour?

:)

Vadie Stark

QuoteI am expecting tour dates for late spring/summer to be announced any day now. I just feel it...     :)

You know as well as anyone.... after the Mississippi Riverboat Tour they will board a train for one long bar car tour thru the SW to LA and a chartered 74 to the Dam :D
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

xmascriminal

Here's what I think. They'll spend this year recording the new album, maybe playing a couple special shows like a festival or NYE in the US and quite possibly going to Europe. Then, in 2010, Monsters of Folk will tour during the spring and MMJ will tour during the fall. MOF album in March, new MMJ album in August. That's what I'm feeling.

el_chode

I think there will be no tour, but there will be one-offs  where we will here some INTERESTING things.

A similar thing happened with Wilco in between A Ghost is Born and Sky Blue Sky. I think all they really had in between was Kicking Television, the Wilco Book, and the Documentary. Still, I saw them in '06 in bumblefuck, NJ (Starland Ballroom), and they played Walken there too.

So, this leaves us with a few options:

- The MMJ Book
- Another Live Album
- A Documentary
- One-offs testing out a few new songs.

I do think they'll announce Eurodates at the very least.
I'm surrounded by assholes

EliDManheim

my guess is they'll do exactly what they did in australia/nz, except it will be in europe ... they will play the big (and lucrative) summer festivals scattered throughout the continent, in tandem with headlining shows at smaller venues in/around those same cities ....

no way they don't make up the canceled europe shows somehow, they simply have too big a fan base over there to ignore.  europe '09, book it.

my guess is jim is resting up from his nicks & scrapes, writing, eating junk food, generally recharging his batteries ...

the sun and moon

I hope they play New Mexico next tour. I've been having repetitive dreams about it. It's been about two nights in a row.

AMightyCaporal

i had a dream the band was sleeping over my house- i was confused when i walked into my parents bedroom and they were all sleeping on the floor- except carl- he was snuggled up next to my dad looking scared/uncomfortable/miserable... I said, "Hey guys, we have guest rooms you can use if you want." they all were very willing to take the other rooms
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

el_chode

QuoteI hope they play New Mexico next tour. I've been having repetitive dreams about it. It's been about two nights in a row.

The only biomes I've never been in is Tundra and Desert, and I'd imagine that an outdoor MMJ show in the cool evening summer night would be fantastic.

The question remains: would they forego a light show? I mean on one hand, their lights/dude who does lights is great, but on the other hand, having the stars be the only light show would give the opening to anytime the best backdrop.
I'm surrounded by assholes