Victory Dance
X-Mas Curtain
Gideon

ENCORE

Wonderful (The Way I Feel)
Never in the Real World
Dancefloors

Notes
One of my favorite all time top to bottom sets...and its weird to type that without a PWW, Dondante, Steam Engine, or War Begun.

Starting with Easy Morning Rebel and closing with Dancefloors OH YEAH!!!

Phenomenal decision by the band to move OBH out of the traditional closing spot. Seems to hit much harder when its...sorry...least expected.

Best Where to Begin ive experienced live. Really really stretched out. Wonderful, Never in the Real World, and Dancefloors to close? Perfection.

ellisintransit

1. MMJCOBRA+1
2. ellisintransit

Somehow after all these years and tours of Japan, Europe, Mexico, and having played Rhode Island, Maine and New Mexico, this was their first show in Mississippi.  That mystically worked out for one of our own here who celebrated their 100th show with a signed setlist from the band and drumsticks from Patrick.  :beer:  I would love to read that person's review of this show.  A live debut is always a treat, and everything else cobra said as well.  The 9 minute Where to Begin was my highlight.  I've seen that song a few times but never stretched out.

edited to note- I checked my own setlist stats and I've actually only seen Where to Begin played once before this and that was 18 years ago at Blue Cat's in Knoxville, crazy gap haha.

sillyboob

Quote from: ellisintransit on May 24, 2023, 06:53 AM1. MMJCOBRA+1
2. ellisintransit

Somehow after all these years and tours of Japan, Europe, Mexico, and having played Rhode Island, Maine and New Mexico, this was their first show in Mississippi.  That mystically worked out for one of our own here who celebrated their 100th show with a signed setlist from the band and drumsticks from Patrick.  :beer:  I would love to read that person's review of this show.  A live debut is always a treat, and everything else cobra said as well.  The 9 minute Where to Begin was my highlight.   I've seen that song a few times but never stretched out.

Where To Begin is my white whale!!  LUCKY!!!!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

sillyboob

Quote from: MMJCOBRA on May 23, 2023, 06:55 PM1. MMJCOBRA+1

My Morning Jacket 5/15/23

Easy Morning Rebel
Circuital
What a Wonderful Man
Anytime
Where to Begin
Regularly Scheduled Programming
Off the Record
Magic Bullet
Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Pt. 1
Wordless Chorus
Run It
Tropics (Erase Traces)
Penny for Your Thoughts
One Big Holiday
Be My Mountain 
Victory Dance
X-Mas Curtain
Gideon

ENCORE

Wonderful (The Way I Feel)
Never in the Real World
Dancefloors

Notes
One of my favorite all time top to bottom sets...and its weird to type that without a PWW, Dondante, Steam Engine, or War Begun.

Starting with Easy Morning Rebel and closing with Dancefloors OH YEAH!!!

Phenomenal decision by the band to move OBH out of the traditional closing spot. Seems to hit much harder when its...sorry...least expected.

Best Where to Begin ive experienced live. Really really stretched out. Wonderful, Never in the Real World, and Dancefloors to close? Perfection.

Okay, this setlist is crazy.  Like MMJCOBRA noted, none of the big 4 were played.  And if you expand that to a (clearly subjective) big 10, they also didn't play Touch Me Pt. 2, Pictures Of You, Strangulation, Wasted, Run Thru, or Honest Man.  Add in a new unreleased song, and a stretched out rarity in Where To Begin, this setlist is so great.  I hope this show gets considered for a live album.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: ellisintransit on May 24, 2023, 06:53 AM1. MMJCOBRA+1
2. ellisintransit

Somehow after all these years and tours of Japan, Europe, Mexico, and having played Rhode Island, Maine and New Mexico, this was their first show in Mississippi.  That mystically worked out for one of our own here who celebrated their 100th show with a signed setlist from the band and drumsticks from Patrick.  :beer:  I would love to read that person's review of this show.  A live debut is always a treat, and everything else cobra said as well.  The 9 minute Where to Begin was my highlight.   I've seen that song a few times but never stretched out.

Congratulated Erica preshow on her 100!!! The where to begin was special. RSP was an unexpected standout as was Penny for Your Thoughts. Absolutely love how Jim sings in a lower register at the beginning of the verses.