"no shows booked at this time"

Started by ms_yvon, Nov 01, 2010, 03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ms. yvon

and with that, mmj's fall tour is done.

WELL DONE, EVERYONE:  band, crew, fans.  mind-blowing run!

everyone:  ice those knees, get some rest, eat your veggies and auger in for a long winter.

if any of you want to start a knitting circle during these down months, let me know. (i'm looking at you, headdy!)[smiley=beer.gif]
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

TheBigChicken

the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

BH

Well done indeed MMJ crew!

How's that ankle doing Ms. Y?

Go GIANTS!  (Renteria is the man!  CLUTCH!)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

megalicious

when i read the title of this thread, i heard the sad trombone from "the price is right" in my head.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A[/media]
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

ms. yvon

;D

Quotecan you knit underwear ? :D
i'm more of a hat-knitter.  i would offer to knit you socks, but the one pair i've knit took me 2 yrs to finish.

[go giants]THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT, DAVE! [/go giants]
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

Crispy

Quote;D

Quotecan you knit underwear ? :D
i'm more of a hat-knitter.  i would offer to knit you socks, but the one pair i've knit took me 2 yrs to finish.

[go giants]THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT, DAVE! [/go giants]
The knitting! Too bad we didn't get some black yarn to repair my hat! That was a nice offer -- maybe at the next show, where surely we'll be holding down the front of the line again?

And to stick with the theme (and the color of my hat), GO GIANTS!
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

BH

Quote (Renteria is the man!  CLUTCH!)

told ya!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

oistheone

The guys gotta finish that album sometime! I'm hoping over the next six months we will see the band finish recording the second half of the new album, and recharge their batteries with some down time before coming back to blow our minds next summer with their biggest tour since 2008.

8bobbyb

This is all my fault......I was up very early this morning checking email and trying to get some info on last night's show, and embedded in a positive report about the band was a comment about a break needed "for new band members to learn each other" .....it was written by someone named "fan" and it was their first forum post.......of course, before Trish's feet hit the floor this morning, I asked her..."what's going on with the band?  new members????? .......

I believe that this "new forum member"(who may not be a new member) was taking advantage of our insatiable appetite for more shows and trying to play us out.....just my take....btw....this is my longest post ever....can't wait for Jazzfest and the Roo!.....we will be there on the rail!
-Bob

Bigsky

I wouldn't call it a drought, but more like an inhale...that was a crazy summer/fall of MMJ. I think this time of inhale will let us catch our breath and be ready for the new album & a late winter/spring tour.

Man...that was a wonderful October! :D

SaraBananaBear

Quote[highlight]I wouldn't call it a drought, but more like an inhale[/highlight]...that was a crazy summer/fall of MMJ. I think this time of inhale will let us catch our breath and be ready for the new album & a late winter/spring tour.

Man...that was a wonderful October! :D

Nicely put, that's the way I see it too  :)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

AlwxanderD10

hopefully they wont take off that long, carl said the new album should be out sometime in spring 2011

ALady

No need to panic.

Most mid-sized bands schedule their tours in the spring/summer/fall.  A winter break is pretty normal (and healthy, I might add).

I have no intel, but I'm sure we can expect some Jim solo shows here and there before springtime.

Just seems reasonable.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

tdb810

QuoteNo need to panic.

Most mid-sized bands schedule their tours in the spring/summer/fall.  A winter break is pretty normal (and healthy, I might add).

I have no intel, but I'm sure we can expect some Jim solo shows here and there before springtime.

Just seems reasonable.

i have gotten a grip :)  and will be happy for whatever.  as long as i get to see all you cool kids again!
.....Back at the Model Home

ALady

You know that's happening, Jacket or no Jacket   :)  Miss you, lady!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Tracy 3000

there will be a drought

then the new album will leak a month or two before's it's "released" and all hell will break lose and there will be gnashing of the teeth

trust me
Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

touchingmept2

While closing Voodoo's main stage on Sunday, My Morning Jacket frontman Jim James announced this would be the band's final gig before entering "hibernation mode." Thus, they made it count with a two-hour tour de force, and James was obviously stoked to be in New Orleans on Halloween: "I feel like there's no other place on Earth to be. Every song, my molecules get more pulled out into the ethos." He was all over the stage, shaking his head of curls or hiding them under a towel. He and Carl Broemel bore down on a variety of axes, none more classically rock'n'roll than James' flying-V guitar, on which he soloed throughout "I'm Amazed" and elsewhere.New Orle ;D >:( ;D ;Dans' own Preservation Hall Jazz Band, with whom MMJ has collaborated throughout the year, leant their brassy swagger to an ominous cover of Black Sabbath's "Black Sabbath," and then the combined Kentucky/Louisiana ensemble swung into party mode for the stuttering Mardi Gras classic "Carnival Time." By the song's end, James was duck-walking across the stage, armed once again with his most excellent flying-V.
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

Ghosts_on_TV

Quotethere will be a drought

then the new album will leak a month or two before's it's "released" and all hell will break lose and there will be gnashing of the teeth

trust me

This.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Im The Dude

I miss going to a My Morning Jacket show each night....this sucks. :(

I wish they'd do a week run of shows each year.... Jacket Fest?
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

Love Dogg

They're done for awhile.  I wouldn't expect them to tour behind the new album, except for maybe a couple of high-profile get togethers at a festival or something.  They gave us all they had this year...in support of nothing.  They even let Johnny and Danny come back for songs during the T5 run.  I mean, come on...why wouldn't they go out on top?  I also believe they are doing this album for us.  You guys want a new album?  Here you go.  You guys want to hear the songs live?  We recorded them live.  Chew on that for awhile.  Meanwhile...they've all got other things to do...life after My Morning Jacket, if you will.  Jim solo.  Carl solo.  Pat's the badest-ass and most sought after drummer in music today.  Bo is a stud producer (Watson Twins) and has played with Ray Lamontagne and other big names.  Tommy is busy making an after-life with other bands.  It all sounds like bad news...and I still yet hope I'm wrong.  But it all adds up.  It all makes sense.  They've given us everything they have.  They'll be back one day...but I wouldn't expect it to be full force for "some time" as Jim said at Voodoo Fest.   :-/
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."