Long Awaited Hometown Show

Started by Bigsky, Jul 14, 2010, 01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghosts_on_TV

Sounds like everyone had a blast!
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

darkglow

Backwards laylow?? Are you serious homeboy?? My mind = still blown

stober

johnnYYac

Quotehere
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=539804
Thanks, stober!  That was quick.  I hope you don't mind if I put this in the Tapings section, too.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

danz

Quotehere
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=539804

woah that was quick!  rad, thanks!

backwards laylow, wtf!!!

darkglow

I'm so glad this was taped. I'm in the car driving home and I've got the itch to hear that laylow jam again. Would some kind soul please email me an mp3 from the taping to darkglow at gmail dot com?

iLikeBeer

QuoteThe show was amazing.  I'll try to post pictures later in the week, but I forgot my camera cable.  

Steam Engine was crossed off the setlist and was never played tonight (my wife and I were able to get a setlist as well, but after some investigating).  I think the delay with Wax Fang's set, plus their 18-minute finale, probably resulted in the band canceling one of the songs.  Otherwise, the show ended just shy of 3 hours.  It was an unbelievable show, and the people of Louisville were loud, proud, and extremely energetic.

We also met some wonderful people from the city and nearby.  They welcomed us with open us, and almost everyone we met wanted to shake our hands since we had travelled a long way to see MMJ.  I'm glad we did.  This show is one I'll never forget.  

Unfortunate that Steam Engine found it's way to the cutting room floor.  :(

Outside of that, it still looks like an epic show and I can't wait to here stober's recording that I am downloading as we speak!   8-)

My wife and I were chilling and listening to MMJ last night and we kept saying we should be in L'ville...  :-/  If only my kids weren't so into trick or treating...  :P

e_wind

im uploading pics/video from last night. will post here in a few
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

j_rud

Sounds like a blast, wish I was there. Hoping for a Louisville show this summer, definitely looking for a return trip...
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

The General

link doesnt work. am i the only one?

holy **** that show was soooooo awesome. I'll have to write more about it later, 'cause my body is still melted.

crazylove

what a great night!
nice especially to meet slappymoe, mrs and mr. taterbug!!.
phone went west was my favorite.
crazylove is the best concert friend, we made fools of ourselves in front of lp again but the YUM center looked pretty cool
what a great way to top off my jacket week.
"You could kill someone up here and bury them in the snow! No one would ever find them!"- Penny Lane

The Fej

Amazing show! One of the best sets I've ever seen them play!  "Phone Went West" was just insane!

The Fej

I have just posted 8 videos, ("Intro/Wordless Chorus", "Evil Urges", "Anytime",  "Mahgeetah", "Phone Went West", Jim James addressing the crowd, "Move On Up" and "One Big Holiday") from the show last night on YouTube.  Not the greatest quality, as they were shot on a digital camera, but worth watching.  Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/user/jhp40219

e_wind

stoked that some body filmed Move On Up! best rendition of that song that i've ever heard easily.

crazylove

Quotewhat a great night!
nice especially to meet slappymoe, mrs and mr. taterbug!!.
phone went west was my favorite.
crazylove is the best concert friend, we made fools of ourselves in front of lp again but the YUM center looked pretty cool
what a great way to top off my jacket week.

Wow I must be a really awesome concert friend, since someone as famous as Penny Lane is posting for me as me!
"You could kill someone up here and bury them in the snow! No one would ever find them!"- Penny Lane

e_wind

patiently waiting for professional pictures to surface to throw an album cover together for last nights recording....

darkglow

Curious to know more about this supposed documentary being made by the original MMJ drummer

e_wind

http://www.youtube.com/user/ericwindmill?feature=mhum

thats my youtube channel and i got Circuital and Evelyn. Shaky camera cause i was intoxicated plus me yelling at the beginning of Evelyn is obnoxious. but it aint bad!

i also wanna say that Carl brought it last night... way more energy than I'm used to from him