Long Awaited Hometown Show

Started by Bigsky, Jul 14, 2010, 01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tremendous Upside

Quotehttp://www.youtube.com/user/ericwindmill?feature=mhum

thats my youtube channel and i got Circuital and Evelyn. Shaky camera cause i was intoxicated plus me yelling at the beginning of Evelyn is obnoxious. but it aint bad!

i also wanna say that Carl brought it last night... way more energy than I'm used to from him

I wonder if Johnny Quaid's appearance at T5 has anything to do with that.  As much as I love Carl, he doesn't have the effortless stage charisma of Johnny.  Maybe seeing Johnny has caused Carl to step up his game from a stage presence perspective.

Tremendous Upside

woodnymph

Quotehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV-CdQEhY7U
I don't mean to be so riled up all over the board here, but it's Halloween now and I don't think I can much help it.... what a beautiful video!!! I love how Chicken just nods gently through the song...... and the big Cheshire cat(s) on the right... man I bet that was a big psychedelic PLATTER of an evening! Thanks for sharing! (And stober, are you "theboognish1" on youtube I'm assuming? Just had to  [smiley=thumbup.gif] real quick if so!)

You lucky ducks who got to be there!!! I hope to see some costume pho-toes!! It sounds like pure magic through and through.
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

slappymoe

wow.

took a day for my brain to un-scramble.  what a night.

great show, so nice to meet some forum folks at the BBC.  it was pure coincidence that my buddy and his wife got a table right next to you guys, and that i just happened to spot the only person i would have recognized...pennylane.    it was fate, i tell 'ya.  

it's only natural that a band with such a great bunch of guys would attract such a great bunch of fans.  i hope it was worth the trip for all you out-of-towners.

and now to see the taping is already available.....so sweet, thanks stober.

MMJ is the gift that keeps on giving.

erchint

Quotewow.

took a day for my brain to un-scramble.  what a night.

great show, so nice to meet some forum folks at the BBC.  it was pure coincidence that my buddy and his wife got a table right next to you guys, and that i just happened to spot the only person i would have recognized...pennylane.    it was fate, i tell 'ya.  

it's only natural that a band with such a great bunch of guys would attract such a great bunch of fans.  i hope it was worth the trip for all you out-of-towners.

and now to see the taping is already available.....so sweet, thanks stober.

MMJ is the gift that keeps on giving.

Great to meet so many forum folks....after watching these clips I have goosebumps and am freaking out wanting another show right fucking now! I wish they were streaming voodoo tonight...man what a night friday was! :D

slappymoe

listening to carried away right now.

i remember hearing it in nashville in april, thinking, "why is carl singing?"  took me a while to warm up to the song itself and the idea in general.

but it really doesn't suck, and carl's solo guitar work is just absolutely gorgeous.

kydiddle

The recording of this show is fantastic. Ya'll had a great night!
Cow temperature.

e_wind

Just like the show, I wish the LYO could be heard louder on the recording. But definitely one of the best shows I've seen.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Penny Lane

I apologize for posting under Crazylove's screenname last night.
They kept me pretty hammered on cider apple wine concoction all weekend, so I can't be held responsible. I WILL say that the show was terrific, especially PWW (did I saw that before?) but the real blessing was the weekend at Teo's and Crazy's place. I haven't laughed that hard in years..or decades.

Can't wait to hear the recording for this one, Ky says it's purty great.

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

touchingmept2

So I was wondering if they came out dressed to impress?
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

danz

i wasn't even there and i feel great about this.  and i'm not from anywhere near kentucky either

Penny Lane

Quotei wasn't even there and i feel great about this.  and i'm not from anywhere near kentucky either

it wasn't the same without you being up there on the rail...and me resenting you for it.

Remember Gene the stagehand from NYC? he handed me the setlist on Fri..it pays to be loud, annoying, and persistent sometimes.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

tdb810

Quotei wasn't even there and i feel great about this.  and i'm not from anywhere near kentucky either

it wasn't the same without you being up there on the rail...and me resenting you for it.

Remember Gene the stagehand from NYC? he handed me the setlist on Fri..it pays to be loud, annoying, and persistent sometimes.

annoying could never be an adjective to describe you.   ;)
.....Back at the Model Home

jones

On the rail in front of Carl.  Evelyn.  Um, yeah...

Sorry I didn't get to see most of you guys.  Thanks for the bike, TEO!

Northern Neighbour

To all the people of Louisville, my wife and I would like to say thank you for the hospitality and the warm, extremely friendly welcoming you gave to us.  We met a lot of great, incredible people who treated us as if we were just like one of the family.  We had a great, albeit short, time in Louisville and we look forward to visiting your quirky, eccentric, yet wonderful city soon.

rmpotsy

QuoteTo all the people of Louisville, my wife and I would like to say thank you for the hospitality and the warm, extremely friendly welcoming you gave to us.  We met a lot of great, incredible people who treated us as if we were just like one of the family.  We had a great, albeit short, time in Louisville and we look forward to visiting your quirky, eccentric, yet wonderful city soon.

you are most definitely welcome.  the ville would like to thank you as well for coming on down to play with us.  if only for a short while.
out go the lights it begins

Rufus T. Firefly

QuoteTo all the people of Louisville, my wife and I would like to say thank you for the hospitality and the warm, extremely friendly welcoming you gave to us.  We met a lot of great, incredible people who treated us as if we were just like one of the family.  We had a great, albeit short, time in Louisville and we look forward to visiting your quirky, eccentric, yet wonderful city soon.

Sadly, I met no one from theses boards, BUT I couldn't agree more with you. Loved your city and you. And the fairly priced beers at the venue. Loved our day trip to Lexington, those equestrian estates, horse #8 in the second at Keeneland, Burgoo, and the people again. Loved our dinner at Ramsi's and our server Bianca(you should go and ask for her) loved walking the Cherokeee Triangle area and into the park.

It's really a great city.

erchint

Great to hear Rufus, we are very proud of this town and the folks in it and from it and we love to share with others! Let's hope the boys get this album done and get back in front of us all as soon as possible!

Sadly, I met no one from theses boards, BUT I couldn't agree more with you. Loved your city and you. And the fairly priced beers at the venue. Loved our day trip to Lexington, those equestrian estates, horse #8 in the second at Keeneland, Burgoo, and the people again. Loved our dinner at Ramsi's and our server Bianca(you should go and ask for her) loved walking the Cherokeee Triangle area and into the park.

It's really a great city.