Long Awaited Hometown Show

Started by Bigsky, Jul 14, 2010, 01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

QuoteAlso, if someone can send me a PM on the presale code, I would be extremely grateful or inform me on where to find the information.  Thank you.

I haven't found the presale code anywhere, though its a GA show w/over 10,000 "seats" so I would think you're okay waiting until general sale on Friday.

Do we know for sure that the whole arena is ga, and not just the floor?

It's been a while since I've seen an arena all ga. Other than Phish @ Hampton, VA. in 09, I can't remember another recent one.
"Where's Jim going?"

johnnYYac

Last April's Nashville show was all GA.  

I just checked the venue site, which indicated this show is reserved.  I thought someone mentioned this as a GA show.  

:-/

So maybe the presale is a big deal.  I stand corrected.

EDIT: Then again, I found the post that started me on this line of thought...

alexajew
 Re: Long Awaited Hometown Show
Reply #66 - Aug 4th, 2010, 8:54pm    Fyi - this show will be general admission.  
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ericm

No biggie johnny.

It's just that I have been hearing conflicting reports as to ga,and it would have surprised me to see a big arena all ga.

Stranger things have happened though ;)

Here's hoping we  get some presale codes either way.
"Where's Jim going?"

johnnYYac

QuoteNo biggie johnny.

It's just that I have been hearing conflicting reports as to ga,and it would have surprised me to see a big arena all ga.

Stranger things have happened though ;)

Here's hoping we  get some presale codes either way.

Oh, I'm sure you will.  CC always comes through, sometimes within a day of the presale, but he or someone will come through (especially for a L'ville show, I'd think).  Hell, I'm not even going to this one and I'm pumped for presale codes, just for fun.  My guess- "finger licking".
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

rmpotsy

im pretty sure floor is GA and everything else is reserved.  ive got a pretty good in and this is what i was told.
out go the lights it begins

jones

Quoteim pretty sure floor is GA and everything else is reserved.  ive got a pretty good in and this is what i was told.
Sounds logical to me...

ericm

Quoteim pretty sure floor is GA and everything else is reserved.  ive got a pretty good in and this is what i was told.
Sounds logical to me...

Me too, except as johnny said, the Yum site has it listed as reserved. No mention of ga there at all, as of now.

I know it could change for MMJ, but the two seating charts I've seen have a reserved floor.

"Where's Jim going?"

Northern Neighbour

The Ticketmaster site definitely gives the impression that the floor will be reserved seating.

jones

That would be fine by me.  I like the idea of reserved floors because at least then you "own" a 2 x 2 section of concrete.

aMillionDreams

I think a part of the floor is GA and the rest is reserved.  I think the only presale is at Ear Xtacy on Thursday morning, cash only, in person, new location.  If there's an online presale I'm not aware of it.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

jones

QuoteI think a part of the floor is GA and the rest is reserved.  I think the only presale is at Ear Xtacy on Thursday morning, cash only, in person, new location.  If there's an online presale I'm not aware of it.
I will be passing through Louisville on my way to Indy on Thursday so I could make the presale.  Do we assume that the 300 tickets are all GA floor or a mixture of GA floor and choice reserved seats?  Hmmm....

aMillionDreams

QuoteI think a part of the floor is GA and the rest is reserved.  I think the only presale is at Ear Xtacy on Thursday morning, cash only, in person, new location.  If there's an online presale I'm not aware of it.
I will be passing through Louisville on my way to Indy on Thursday so I could make the presale.  Do we assume that the 300 tickets are all GA floor or a mixture of GA floor and choice reserved seats?  Hmmm....

At the press conference they made it sound like it was the floor that would be available.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

ericm

Ticketmaster's page has a presale date and time listed but no other details. Amex, Citi card, radio, etc.
"Where's Jim going?"

jones

At the press conference they made it sound like it was the floor that would be available.
I guess that I'll try to make it out Thursday morning.  I wish I knew how hot everyone is going to be on this presale; I have a two hour drive to Louisville and you guys are an hour ahead...

If I do make the presale, I will have one other person with me so I could get up to 8 tickets and I only need 4.  PM me if anyone needs a hook up and I MAY be able to help out.

Penny Lane

i like the sound of that
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Northern Neighbour

QuoteThat would be fine by me.  I like the idea of reserved floors because at least then you "own" a 2 x 2 section of concrete.

For me, I like being right next to people to enjoy the show.  There's just such a different energy and vibe in a GA than reserved seating.  But that's me.

Northern Neighbour

Question - when do you usually find out about presales for MMJ shows?  

Oh, my wife said we can go to Louisville and she'll change her shifts if needed.  Woohoo!

layin low

QuoteA limited amount of tickets will be available at Ear X-Tacy on Thursday August 12th at 10AM, in celebration of the store's 25th anniversary and its new location at 2226 Bardstown Road.  In addition, My Morning Jacket will also be hosting a pre-sale to fans beginning at the same time.  Check the MMJ shows page for information regarding the pre-sale, and other My Morning Jacket shows.

So, I'm just wondering if anyone can help clarify. There will be tickets available at Ear X-Tacy Thursday, but for us other folk who don't live in the fine city of Louisville, there's an online presale at the same time? Is that what I'm reading? Hope so.

CC

yes, there's also an online pre-sale
details coming later today

e_wind

Quoteyes, there's also an online pre-sale
details coming later today

good!
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...