Long Awaited Hometown Show

Started by Bigsky, Jul 14, 2010, 01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

QuoteGoddamnit why can't they (wax fang) ever play NYC?

I bet they will soon......

Is Wax Fang good? I'll have to check them out...

La La Land might be the best album of the last 5 years.  (IMO)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

jones

I've just started getting into them, but I haven't ventured much past their myspace page.  Any suggestions?  BH says La La Land?  I was listening to the few songs on myspace last week and really like what I've heard there.

http://www.myspace.com/waxfang

BH

I've just started getting into them, but I haven't ventured much past their myspace page.  Any suggestions?  BH says La La Land?

Just a LaLaLand and a great little ep called Black and Endless Night.  Get LaLaLand first.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

jones

I've just started getting into them, but I haven't ventured much past their myspace page.  Any suggestions?  BH says La La Land?

Just a LaLaLand and a great little ep called Black and Endless Night.  Get LaLaLand first.

Roger that.

Bigsky

what about the mud-slinging contest?

jones

Quotewhat about the mud-slinging contest?

What about a sense of humor?

jones

Roger that.

I just downloaded La La Land and will give it a good listen tonight.  Thanks Dave!

Penny Lane

i would win that but thumb wrestling i would lose, i lost my thumbs in the war.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Bigsky

I thought I had a sense of humor...let me go look in the mirror...

Bigsky

i would win that but thumb wrestling i would lose, i lost my thumbs in the war.

The war on drugs?

el_chode

Yes, but Black & Endless has one of the greatest songs since Marquee Moon: Sweet Bloody Murder

I've found that when exposing friends to the fang they either become obsessed or make some comment like "his voice is annoying" or "is this sailor rock?" or "I thought rock operas died with American Idiot" even though they're all LIES DAMMIT
I'm surrounded by assholes

BH

QuoteYes, but Black & Endless has one of the greatest songs since Marquee Moon: Sweet Bloody Murder

I've found that when exposing friends to the fang they either become obsessed or make some comment like "his voice is annoying" or "is this sailor rock?" or "I thought rock operas died with American Idiot" even though they're all LIES DAMMIT

;D  I can see that.

EasyRyder

Does this mean Wax Fang will just be opening the show or actually collaborating with the band?
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

jones

QuoteDoes this mean Wax Fang will just be opening the show or actually collaborating with the band?

Good question.  Maybe both?

e_wind

QuoteDoes this mean Wax Fang will just be opening the show or actually collaborating with the band?

i think the fang will open the the LYO will collaborate
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

EasyRyder

Follow up question: what is the predicted set length for MMJ??? I don't know anything about their lakefront show in Louisville, but did they play a long set then?
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

jones

QuoteFollow up question: what is the predicted set length for MMJ??? I don't know anything about their lakefront show in Louisville, but did they play a long set then?

2008-08-16 Waterfront Park - Louisville, KY

1. Anytime
2. Off The Record
3. Gideon
4. Evil Urges
5. Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Pt.1
6. The Way That He Sings
7. What A Wonderful Man
8. I'm Amazed
9. Thank You Too!
10. Sec Walkin
11. Heartbreakin Man
12. Two Halves
13. Lay Low
14. Aluminum Park
15. Mahgeetah
16. Phone Went West
17. Look At You (solo)
18. Where To Begin
19. Golden
20. Dondante
21. Smokin From Shootin
22. Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Pt.2
----------
23. Wordless Chorus
24. Highly Suspicious
25. Cobra
26. Steam Engine
27. Run Thru
28. Dancefloors
29. One Big Holiday

Special Guests:
The Louisville Leopard Percussionists

slappymoe

damn, what a show that was....time to give it another listen in honor of today's news!

i was a bit of a newbie then.  i had no idea at the time how special it was to get heartbreakin' man, where to begin, phone went west, or cobra.

AlwxanderD10

I'm goin. I have to. The last louisville show was the greatest moment of my life. ::)

e_wind

so i dont get the pre-sale thing. at ear-x-tacy on august 12th right? I'll be there if it means GA and the other tickets are seated.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...