Long Awaited Hometown Show

Started by Bigsky, Jul 14, 2010, 01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmpotsy

QuoteAt the press conference: "New album? 'Workin' on it.' - jim"

From LP's twitter feed

a friend saw them loading in equipment to a church (that will remain nameless) here in the ville the other day.  they are apparently recording demos already.

QuoteI didn't know ear-x-tacy was moving.

So...roll call?  

IN

rmpotsy + 35ish

QuoteTicket schmicket.  I'm in.

Wonder if it'll be GA?

17,500 for end stage concerts.  Surely one of us in here will get a ticket.

http://www.arenaauthority.com/docs/Fact%20Sheet%20New.pdf

from what i understand they are selling 10,000 tickets (unless they need more).  basically the floor and the first level.  the floor, or at least some of it will be GA.

i almost forgot to add, IM SO EFFEN EXCITED I COULD SCREAM
out go the lights it begins

AlwxanderD10

I'm feeling a stand in line at earxtacy to get a ticket   party comin on. :D

capt. scotty

In other news, KFC Yum! Center just rose to #1 on my list of worst venue name ever.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

FiddleCastro

QuoteIn other news, KFC Yum! Center just rose to #1 on my list of worst venue name ever.

Hard to think of one nearly as bad.
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Penny Lane

QuoteIn other news, KFC Yum! Center just rose to #1 on my list of worst venue name ever.

ha ha...i know..i think it went something like this:

CEO of KFC: well we've created this fabulous new arena, anyone have any really catchy names?

bunch of KFC execs chewing on biscuits: "Yum...nom nom nom...yum yum"

CEO: there you have it, the YUM Center. Excellent work, people...back to your TPS reports..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

jones

What about the 1-800-ASK-GARY Amphitheater in Tampa?

http://www.livenation.com/1800ASKGARY-Amphitheatre-At-the-Florida-State-Fairgrounds-tickets-Tampa/venue/107257

ALady

from what i understand they are selling 10,000 tickets (unless they need more).  basically the floor and the first level.  the floor, or at least some of it will be GA.

This is quite good to know.

KFC is owned by YUM! Brands, so...yeah.  
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

woodnymph

QuoteMy Morning Jacket to Play Long Awaited Hometown Show With Very Special Guests, The Louisville Youth Orchestra and Wax Fang
[highlight]On Friday, October 29th[/highlight], My Morning Jacket will be performing at University of Louisville's KFC Yum! Center. Supporting the band will be the Louisville Youth Orchestra (LYO) and Louisville band Wax Fang. One dollar from every ticket sold will be going to the Louisville Youth Orchestra Continuing Education Scholarship, which raises money for at-risk youth to be able to attend school. The LYO was founded with the mission to provide high quality musical experiences and the opportunity to perform for the benefit of the Louisville community and its young musicians regardless of race, creed or economic circumstances. It is one of the oldest and largest youth orchestras in the US. The show will also continue the tradition of creating a "Local Louisville Village" inside the KFC Yum! Center, providing locally based businesses and non-profit organizations with a presence at their show.

[highlight]Tickets for the show go on sale to the public on Saturday, August 14th at 10AM[/highlight]. A limited amount of tickets will be available at Ear X-Tacy on Thursday August 12th at 10AM, in celebration of the store's 25th anniversary and its new location at 2226 Bardstown Road.  In addition, My Morning Jacket will also be hosting a pre-sale to fans beginning at the same time.  Check the MMJ shows page for information regarding the pre-sale, and other My Morning Jacket shows.

:::: Dream Sequencccccee::: Sweet jeebiss, I'll be in CA at the Jacket show on August 14th, trying to log on somewhere at 10am to buy tickets to the Jacket show in Louisville one week after the 5 Great Nights of Jacket shows in NYC...... ss ssss ssss///|||+++\\\\*pinch*  I guess I might not realistically make it, but what fun to fantasize (and even funNer to actually try and work it out in my head)...........
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

.Walt

I heard about this...thank you Ms Cleo! Hopefully I'll be there.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

ALady

Oh snap.

Did not realize this was the weekend after the NY shows.

Heh.   ;D

YouAre_GivenToFly

I wish I could make it out for this :(
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

megalicious

Turning in my vacay request today! This is the best news I've gotten in a long time. My favorite band playing during my favorite time of the year... and I get to head back to the Bluegrass state and hang with all my KY people. This. Is. Fabulous.

:D
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

My Monkey Friend

still not coming anywhere near texas. i dont get it, they ALWAYS make a run through here.

e_wind

does anyone know what that 'hometown village' thing is? My boss/the owner of teh restaurant i work at grew up next door/graduated with/hung out with jim for years (and I first listened to jacket with him) and i'm trying to get him to look into this but I dont know anything about it.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

e_wind

Quotestill not coming anywhere near texas. i dont get it, they ALWAYS make a run through here.

well they've been quite neglectful of their hometown, so you should be happy for us!

ALady

Quotedoes anyone know what that 'hometown village' thing is? My boss/the owner of teh restaurant i work at grew up next door/graduated with/hung out with jim for years (and I first listened to jacket with him) and i'm trying to get him to look into this but I dont know anything about it.

At the L'ville '08 show there were a number of booths set up for local businesses and organizations.  I think some had goods for sale and some just had information about their cause.

e_wind

one more thing, how early do you think I'll have to get to ear-x-tacy to get these gen admin tickets?

capt. scotty

http://www.livenation.com/1800ASKGARY-Amphitheatre-At-the-Florida-State-Fairgrounds-tickets-Tampa/venue/107257

I still call any venue Ive been to by the original name, so if I knew this place's non-corporate name Id call it that, but I think this is still better than KFC Yum! Center as you could at least call this place "the Gary" or "the 1800" or something
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

slappymoe

I still call any venue Ive been to by the original name, so if I knew this place's non-corporate name Id call it that, but I think this is still better than KFC Yum! Center as you could at least call this place "the Gary" or "the 1800" or something
just call it "the bucket."

unfortunately, it's all about sponsorship $$$$$ these days.    if i had a few extra million, i would have bought the rights and named it jim james gym.

e_wind

just call it "the bucket."

unfortunately, it's all about sponsorship $$$$$ these days.    if i had a few extra million, i would have bought the rights and named it jim james gym.

yeah people around here that i know who like basketball have been referring to it as the bucket