br00ke

bold99

1. ynwa
2. oistheone
3. br00ke
4. bold99 +1
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

ynwa

1. ynwa + magic cookie bars (food item for the community table)
2. oistheone
3. br00ke
4. bold99 +1

5 strong so far, huh?  not too bad, all things considered.  just thinking of the who, what, where & when i'm wondering why it's still not listed on the shows page and also about how lucky we are  :)  i'm ridiculously psyched for this!!!

there was some talk in the other ramble thread about meeting up somewhere beforehand.  i'm definitely down with that, but not really in a position to do anything too pricey.  

here's a list from the town of woodstock homepage:
http://woodstockny.org/content/Tourism#Restaurants

there's all kinds of stuff on there (there's also a link to bed & breakfasts if anyone needs).  i'm not a foodie @ all & tend to gravitate more toward places w/ a good beer selection.  priorties people  ;)  so for me, the catskill mountain pizza company fits that bill.  here's some reviews (they do have more than just pizza + they sell package goods):
http://www.yelp.com/biz/catskill-mountain-pizza-company-woodstock

but i'm open to other suggestions.  the red onion restaurant that br00ke mentioned is on the list too.  any opinions?

"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

bold99

I definitely want to hang out somewhere during the day (depending when I get there from the MMJ show in Portland the night before) and maybe grab some food so that pizza place looks good.

but I can tell you from experience....when I was there for the DBT ramble the party was in the parking lot (well Levon's backyard).  Good time out there talking and drinking with everyone..also don't get there early or you will be waiting in a car line forever.  They literally open the gate exactly when it says and not a minute earlier.

ynwa

yeah, i definitely want to do the hang out in the field w/ everyone.  that seems to be a big part of the overall experience, from what i've heard.  wouldn't miss that for anything!

just figured since there's what looks to be only a handfull of us from here that are going, some of us going solo, it'd be cool to meet up someplace for a drink & quick bite before caravaning over to the lot for the festivities.

i'll be driving up from NJ that day & would like to check out the town a bit.  even though it's just under 2 hrs drive for me i've never been (i know, shame on me!).    

Penny Lane

A bunch of people ate at this place on the way up to the DBT Ramble. We passed it on the way and it looked awesome! (this big ol' barn so it kinda goes w/the BARN theme of the evening). I think you should all meet up there then drive into Woodstock and park. (Not many places to eat in Woodstock, there's a little taco place called Juan's). This is a few miles out but so close and on the way from NYC or NJ. Just a suggestion!

http://www.hickoryrestaurant.com/

(also i plan on going up to the Ramble again in Nov, and I'd like some scouting reports on the BBQ)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Hawkeye

How in the world do you get tickets to these "Rambles!"  This is on my bucket list...keep your ears open and nose to the ground I 'spose...I would love to go to this one...
We could.

Penny Lane

QuoteHow in the world do you get tickets to these "Rambles!"  This is on my bucket list...keep your ears open and nose to the ground I 'spose...I would love to go to this one...

go to the Ramble website and sign up for updates.
there are usually shows posted a month or so ahead of time
the updates don't come out each time an artist signs on (which is WHY YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO COUNT ON THE ARTISTS' WEBSITE TO NOTIFY YOU..but i digress and i'm bitter, sorry sorry)
it should be on every music fan's bucket list.  :)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

alexzbik

2. oistheone
3. br00ke
4. bold99 +1
5. alexzbik +2
Stolen as the war begun, this time your soul is my one.

br00ke

just figured since there's what looks to be only a handfull of us from here that are going, some of us going solo, it'd be cool to meet up someplace for a drink & quick bite before caravaning over to the lot for the festivities.   

yes .. i am down with this plan. esp. as i think i am coming up solo. the pizza place sounds great!

ynwa

QuoteA bunch of people ate at this place on the way up to the DBT Ramble. We passed it on the way and it looked awesome! (this big ol' barn so it kinda goes w/the BARN theme of the evening). I think you should all meet up there then drive into Woodstock and park. (Not many places to eat in Woodstock, there's a little taco place called Juan's). This is a few miles out but so close and on the way from NYC or NJ. Just a suggestion!

http://www.hickoryrestaurant.com/

(also i plan on going up to the Ramble again in Nov, and I'd like some scouting reports on the BBQ)

you crack me up, wanting us to scout this place out.  but, it is a possibility  ;)

ynwa

i'd like to add that if anyone ends up having an extra - i'm looking.  the 16th is my bday & if it can work out, i'd love to have my lil sis with me  :)

wamsankas

I thankfully was able to score some tickets, just wondering, how many people will be at this thing? whats the capacity of the barn?

AlbertNiles

10/16 is my birthday as well, and I would give anything to attend this.  I have T5 tickets to trade.

bold99

QuoteI thankfully was able to score some tickets, just wondering, how many people will be at this thing? whats the capacity of the barn?

I'd say its 200 max..very small.  Some seats and then standing.

also an FYI..not to be dowener but don't expect a long MMJ set..when I went to the DBT one I think they played 7 songs.  You have to remember they are the opening band.

ynwa

2. oistheone
3. br00ke
4. bold99 +1
5. alexzbik +2
6. wamsankas +?

ynwa

Quote10/16 is my birthday as well, and I would give anything to attend this.  I have T5 tickets to trade.

hope you get a ticket birthday buddy  :)

AlbertNiles

Thanks YNWA!  I mean, I can't help but think that my favorite band playing an intimate gig nearby on my birthday is a sign from a higher power.  We'll see!  Let me know if you hear of any leads.