Posters Spring 2010 tour

Started by Yimyames, Apr 20, 2010, 12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manonthemoon

The ATL poster was similar, but in black.  Awesome you got your's signed though.
Alive or Just Breathing

ryno11111

Just a heads up to anybody who missed out on the Nashville poster.  I did.  Got there early with my poster tube and everything.  They sold out with the quickness.  I may be wrong but I think there were 2 posters.  One was the orange one shown above (also sold in B'ham & Atlanta & possibly others w/ different colors) and the other (and cooler looking in my opinion) is this one by Nashvillian Mike Davis who works with the world famous Burlesque Design...

They just went up for sale at 2 pm CST. $20 + $5 shipping.  Not a bad price at all.  Get em while they're hot.

http://burlesquedesign.com/store.htm

ALady

Oh man.  THANK YOU!!!  Just ordered.  I love Burlesque, they do some great work.

Did we ever figure out who did the other posters with the lettering?  
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

jmk

Whoops. Forgot about this thread.

So, are they doing the bracelet thing so you don't have to hold your poster for the entire show? Or should I just wait until the MPP posters go on sale on whatever the artist's website is?

ryno11111

No problem at all!  Glad I could help.  Burlesque does indeed do some impressive work.  I have been collecting posters for a good while now (particularly MMJ posters) but this will actually be my first from them.  I am a Nashvillian so some of these landmarks hold special meaning for me.  That bridge is the Natchez Trace bridge which is just a stones throw away from my house.

I am not sure who designed that other poster.  I got the one from B'ham but couldn't get either one in Nashville.  Anyone know if they are selling that one at every show?

ryno11111

QuoteWhoops. Forgot about this thread.

So, are they doing the bracelet thing so you don't have to hold your poster for the entire show? Or should I just wait until the MPP posters go on sale on whatever the artist's website is?

The 2 shows I have been to haven't done the bracelet thing so bring a tube just to be safe.  Get there early too!!!  Things are selling like hotcakes

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteWhoops. Forgot about this thread.

This is the best way to go about it.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

johnnYYac

QuoteJust a heads up to anybody who missed out on the Nashville poster.  I did.  Got there early with my poster tube and everything.  They sold out with the quickness.  I may be wrong but I think there were 2 posters.  One was the orange one shown above (also sold in B'ham & Atlanta & possibly others w/ different colors) and the other (and cooler looking in my opinion) is this one by Nashvillian Mike Davis who works with the world famous Burlesque Design...

They just went up for sale at 2 pm CST. $20 + $5 shipping.  Not a bad price at all.  Get em while they're hot.

Thanks for the heads up on this poster.  I haven't been doing posters, but this one speaks to me, as the 2nd of my three shows this tour, which involved a lot of driving, so I dig the roads!  Can't wait.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Crispy

QuoteJust a heads up to anybody who missed out on the Nashville poster.  I did.  Got there early with my poster tube and everything.  They sold out with the quickness.  I may be wrong but I think there were 2 posters.  One was the orange one shown above (also sold in B'ham & Atlanta & possibly others w/ different colors) and the other (and cooler looking in my opinion) is this one by Nashvillian Mike Davis who works with the world famous Burlesque Design...

Thanks for the heads up on this poster.  I haven't been doing posters, but this one speaks to me, as the 2nd of my three shows this tour, which involved a lot of driving, so I dig the roads!  Can't wait.
Sweet! I'm getting this poster too, as I also did a bit of driving for this one. Thanks for the tip, ryno!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

ryno11111

Sweet! I'm getting this poster too, as I also did a bit of driving for this one. Thanks for the tip, ryno!

Sure thing.  Just glad some real MMJ fans can snatch these up at a fair price instead of paying an arm and a leg on Ebay.

poohbaah

Random but what is the bracelet thing with the posters? I am clueless. Can't wait to get mine at the Columbus show.

jmk

QuoteRandom but what is the bracelet thing with the posters? I am clueless. Can't wait to get mine at the Columbus show.

You give them money for a poster, they give you a bracelet, and when the show is over, you get your poster. The way it should always be done, I think.

Cameron

they didn't do the bracelets in B'Ham.

poohbaah

that sounds amazing i have never been involved in such a deal. I have always been stuck holding a poster tube during the show

ALady

The wristband system is kind of great.  I dread buying the poster before the show since then you have to babysit the thing the whole time, and can't properly rock out.   ;D

YouAre_GivenToFly

Pearl Jam started doing this back in 2008 I believe.

I'm hoping for a sweet poster for the Maryland show to go along with my Radio City & NYE Burwell's.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

ALady

GTF, you hitting up any of those east coast PJ shows?

YouAre_GivenToFly

QuoteGTF, you hitting up any of those east coast PJ shows?

Nope... maybe next time.

Last time I saw them (June 2008, the night before MMJ Radio City) I wasn't expecting much since I had seen them so many times before. They pleasantly surprised me.

Unfortunately when they played those last 4 show at the Spectrum here in Philly I was broke, just started a new job, and the Phillies were in the World Series, so I had no time or $ for PJ.  :-/
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

the_wizzard

QuoteI think this is my favorite of the Burwell MMJ posters, only 95 made.

Me too, my very first MMJ show AND very first Burwell poster.  Ummmmm, I hate to rub it in but these were kicked down at the show.  That is right, Burwell had some kid walking around this tiny venue in Portland going up to people and giving them this amazing piece of art.  Just beautiful, I tell you what  :-*

walterfredo

^ hold on to it, they are very rare....and one just recently sold for $350!