Two turntables and a microphone

Started by johnconaway, Jun 24, 2003, 05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

Alrighty then.  I've gotta dust off the turntable and hook it up like really soon so I can dig on my LP of It Still Moves, when it comes out.

I know-that's a funny reason to start listening to vinyl again, but it's good enough for me.

What do you folks spin on your turntables, if you've got em?  I'm gonna dust off my ancient copies of all my Led Zep LP's, like Physical Graffiti and Presence, not to mention my mate's Joy Division and Echo and The Bunnymen stuff...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

lfish

Unfortunately, I don't have a turntable myself, but my father has one. Besides this he has some cool lp's of john lee hooker, CCR, Joan Baez and Johnny Cash (who is a supercool dude with super cool recordings) and one of Bob Dylan where he is performing as drunk as can be.  Well maybe I can get my hands on this turntable as he doesn't listen to it anymore. And next year I probably will be living alone (yep, I'm done with the studies, finally graduated) so those tables would be nice to fill up the empty spaces in my studio or flat.  ;D
But I think I have to ask it while begging on my knees, but we'll see. I'm looking forward to it.
lfish

Oz

I´ve got the first 5 albums of Patti Smith on LP and everytime I´m at my parent´s, where my turntable is, I give one or two of them a spin. Those albums rule! Oh, and I´ve got `The Tenessee Fire´ and `At Dawn´ on vinyl. I should have a turntable in Utrecht, but alas..
I'm ready when you are

Lieven

Well since my grandfather died, i got his turntable (a nice old one, but works real fine). So i started buying vinyl... i like the big covers, it's more romantic i think.

Well, since then i got some The Sound lp's (if you don't know, then get to know'em!!), Depeche Mode, Songs: Ohia, Bonnie Prince Billy, Godspeed You Black Emperor. Last week i bought Led Zeppelin II  8) for only 5 euro's (long live the second hand shops), as good as new!! It's amazing, i go and check those stores about weekly... sometimes unbelievable what you find there and cheap too!

Hey lfish, geniet van de vakantie hee maat!! I'll finally graduate too, it's about time (last exam on friday, yihaa).

And of course I spin the MMJ does gold hole!! The way Jim sings "rocketman" is really moving. Hmmm :)
All of us get lost in the darkness...
dreamers learn to steer by the stars